THE BOOK OF SOULS: LIVE CHAPTER - New Live Album! - November 17th

Hey guys, I want to know whats the best way with getting the digital concert film download, If I buy the live album on iTunes will I have the concert to download?
I don't use iTunes, but downloaded itunes & bought the BOS-LC movie thinking I would download it in a format I could use outside of itunes(or a comuputer)....NOPE. That sucketh! I finally was able to release mine from the DRM lock and get it to a .MP4 format.... without buying a program to do so.

I used an old version of iTunes 10.5.3 and an old version of a program called Requiem 4.1 (the trick was to open Requiem with itunes closed and then when itunes opened on its own, I started to play the movie in itunes (but it was like a black screen in the itunes player). Then Requiem was working along...then it said something like: 'it didn't work and was sent to the trash or recycle bin'. And in the recycle bin I found a large Iron Maiden Book of Souls.tmp file, so I moved it to my desktop and just renamed it with the .MP4 extension... IT WORKED!!!!

Now I'll be able to play it on my TV through my PS4.

Last edited:
I don't use iTunes, but downloaded itunes & bought the BOS-LC movie thinking I would download it in a format I could use outside of itunes(or a comuputer)....NOPE. That sucketh! I finally was able to release mine from the DRM lock and get it to a .MP4 format.... without buying a program to do so.

I used an old version of iTunes 10.5.3 and an old version of a program called Requiem 4.1 (the trick was to open Requiem with itunes closed and then when itunes opened on its own, I started to play the movie in itunes (but it was like a black screen in the itunes player). Then Requiem was working along...then it said something like: 'it didn't work and was sent to the trash or recycle bin'. And in the recycle bin I found a large Iron Maiden Book of Souls.tmp file, so I moved it to my desktop and just renamed it with the .MP4 extension... IT WORKED!!!!

Now I'll be able to play it on my PS4 through my TV.
:applause:

This sounds like a fairly hi-tech version of gaffa tape ...

How does it sound on vinyl?

My girlfriend is getting me a turntable & speakers for Christmas and feel like this may be the album to christen it...

How does it sound on vinyl?

My girlfriend is getting me a turntable & speakers for Christmas and feel like this may be the album to christen it...
Make sure she doesn't cheap out on the turntable...I got some belt drive Audio Technica for Christmas last year and it worked good for a month, then it would play at inconsistent speeds IT SOUNDED HORRIBLE.

I then bought a 'direct drive' turntable Crosly C200A, it has been great! Nice constant speed.

With the Crosley...be sure to check and see if you need to adjust headshell, mine was not quite perpendicular to the vinyl surface. I also needed to adjust the cartridge for optimal tracking. (Sadly those adjustments are not explained in the instructions, but do some YouTube searches for turntable set up adjustments such tracking and headshell azimuth adjustments).

Make sure she doesn't cheap out on the turntable...I got some belt drive Audio Technica for Christmas last year and it worked good for a month, then it would play at inconsistent speeds IT SOUNDED HORRIBLE.

I then bought a 'direct drive' turntable Crosly C200A, it has been great! Nice constant speed.

With the Crosley...be sure to check and see if you need to adjust headshell, mine was not quite perpendicular to the vinyl surface. I also needed to adjust the cartridge for optimal tracking. (Sadly those adjustments are not explained in the instructions, but do some YouTube searches for turntable set up adjustments such tracking and headshell azimuth adjustments).

I'm not sure what it is to be honest - All I know is that she has been chatting with her Dad (who knows his stuff) when it comes to vinyl so I think I may be on to a decent piece of kit :)

I think it sounds really good, love the guitar sounds and Nicko's drums seem really clear, which I like. Bruce sounds immense on some songs (Book of Souls, Trooper spring to mind) but he does sound strained/out of breath in the high registers here and there.

What's the difference between audio on YT videos and this release?

Btw. guys you can strip any DRM with more or less technical effort. That's why I'm pissed at "the industry", they're making my computer waste additional power (and my money) and run shady closed-source code on a highly irrelevant mechanism, which never took me more than 5 minutes to break. I've recorded lossless dumps of video streams that were encrypted and the player never buffered a single frame, no cache. DRM is intended to protect from the user, so that the malicious user can't upload what he bought to everyone. It simply does not do that. Some new games waste up to a third of a modern CPU core just for the DRM/decryption, gigawats of power have been wasted on ordinary people PCs, to ensure publisher that the user won't be able to upload their "property" further. Yet you can find a upload 2 days after the game was released.

Vinyl sounds good although I haven’t listened to the CD or watched the video to compare. It’s among the better sounding Maiden live albums though. Love the drum sound.

Just registered so might be a clutter of posts from me lol
I think this is one of the best sounding post reunion Maiden Live albums. Got a great feel to it. Bruce's vocals are a little high in the mix I think but it beats RIR and ALDO. Probably on a par with DOTR.

It’s a great live album if you have good headphones. I can’t really hear the bass in my car. I have yet to listen to it on Vinyl.

That being said I just bought the Walmart edition with the figurine Eddie. It’s so small!!! It’s like barely 4 inches tall.

Really happy with the release overall, mainly just to have a professional quality mix of If Eternity Should Fail, Children of the Damned, The Book of Souls, The Red and the Black, and The Great Unknown. These five tracks will be getting lots of listens by me over the next several weeks/months. Powerslave is also a bonus, though I think I prefer the Flight 666 version over this one. The other tracks I could give or take, heard them several times before on all the other live albums, nothing was really unique about them to stand out.

Bought the Walmart edition that came with the Eddie figurine. Yes, it is kind of small, but still looks good on my bookshelf with my Trooper, Killers, and cyborg Eddie figures.

Anyone having trouble with the vinyl? I bought it from Amazon and the seams of the jacket were split, got a replacement and the replacement has the same exact problem. :mad:

I got mine at a record store. It is perfectly fine. They let me buy the day before release too. :D

Anyone having trouble with the vinyl? I bought it from Amazon and the seams of the jacket were split, got a replacement and the replacement has the same exact problem. :mad:

Do you mean that the inner sleeve can be taken out of either side of the outer sleeve?

Mine is like that, I think it's on purpose, the Book of Souls lp is like that too.

Nope, the seams that keep the outer sleeves together are coming apart at the bottom. It opens up like a flap. I've read around and it seems to be a common problem with Amazon US, so buyer beware.

Back