THE BOOK OF SOULS: LIVE CHAPTER - New Live Album! - November 17th

Hey guys, can anyone tell me how to download the video film concert? I thought that I was supposed to received a download code or something but it seems that is not available anywhere to get it. Thanks!

Not sure where people seem to be getting the idea that they were gonna get a download code. I’ve seen this mentioned several times but it was never advertised as such anywhere.

They let people watch the video film for free for a couple of days on their YouTube channel but after that if you want it then you buy it separately from the cd or the vinyl. It’s on iTunes for £8.99 not sure where else it might be on sale.

The iTunes copy is also not in high definition, so keep that in mind. I wouldn't pay for it when it's available on YouTube in HD for free.

Yeah I haven’t bought it for that reason. Don’t understand why it’s not in HD. Would have been a day one purchase if it was. Also only stereo sound???

Hey guys, can anyone tell me how to download the video film concert? I thought that I was supposed to received a download code or something but it seems that is not available anywhere to get it. Thanks!
You can only buy it on itunes and it downloads as a '.m4v file' (so it can only be played on itunes). I found a way to unlock my copy so I can now watch it through my PS4 on my TV. (see my previous post in this thread of how I unlocked it). It is only SD quality and not HD. :(

Is the concert video really worth buying?

I’ve watched a couple of the videos on the YouTube channel and from comments I’ve read here it just feels like it’s a waste of time.

First off theirs the tracks only and no documentary or any sort of extras. Second the video seems compiled of bits and pieces so while each tracks audio is from the respective countries it’s plainly obvious that the video footage is a jumbled mix bag of bits cut from various shows. This is the main thing that disappoints me as whilst I’m watching a track I know that some of what I’m seeing wasn’t filmed at the show I’m supposed to be watching.

All this is it’s only available in SD and only stereo sound and not 5.1

This is the main thing that disappoints me as whilst I’m watching a track I know that some of what I’m seeing wasn’t filmed at the show I’m supposed to be watching.

Pretty much every Maiden release has been like that. It's no big deal, the reason they do it is because inevitably you get clips where something gets in the way of the camera or Dave Murray is caught scratching his bollix or something and they replace that clip with a better shot from a different gig.

I’ve watched a couple of the videos on the YouTube channel and from comments I’ve read here it just feels like it’s a waste of time.

First off theirs the tracks only and no documentary or any sort of extras. Second the video seems compiled of bits and pieces so while each tracks audio is from the respective countries it’s plainly obvious that the video footage is a jumbled mix bag of bits cut from various shows. This is the main thing that disappoints me as whilst I’m watching a track I know that some of what I’m seeing wasn’t filmed at the show I’m supposed to be watching.

All this is it’s only available in SD and only stereo sound and not 5.1

Yes, it's still worth buying. It's a great show with great music, despite the drawbacks. As a Maiden fan, I wouldn't miss it.

Maybe because it's just $9.99 (however the itunes download SUCKETH!...because of the file format.)
Or Maybe not, considering you can watch it free (per song) on YouTube. And there are ways to save it off of YouTube ( like: en.savefrom.net )

Thanks for the replies, think I will buy it. It’s only £8.99 so even if it only gets watched a couple of times it’s not too bad.

Not gonna be ripping it off iTunes I’ll be paying for it not pirating it.

Thanks for the replies, think I will buy it. It’s only £8.99 so even if it only gets watched a couple of times it’s not too bad.

Not gonna be ripping it off iTunes I’ll be paying for it not pirating it.
Yeah I bought my copy too. But I unlocked it and saved it to an '.mp4' so I could play it on all my devices (including my TV, which I couldn't do with the crappy itunes file). I would rather have bought the BluRay or DVD (if they made one).

Yeah I bought my copy too. But I unlocked it and saved it to an '.mp4' so I could play it on all my devices (including my TV, which I couldn't do with the crappy itunes file). I would rather have bought the BluRay or DVD (if they made one).

No worries. I’m a bit of an apple and iTunes fan and buy a lot of music and films and tv shows from iTunes and as I have an iPhone, iPad and Apple TV no ripping is required lol.

haha, I guess I'm part of the Apple resistance...LOL #ihatemesomeapple

I used to be part of the Apple resistance but a while back I got hold of a 160gb iPod classic and thought that it would be a great idea to rip all my CDs onto it so I could literally carry around my entire music collection. Took me weeks to get everything on there as I have literally thousands of CDs. Once it was done I was finding it easier to grab my iPod than search for a particular cd when the mood took me.

Fast forward several years and now I’m completely Apple. I’ll still by CDs but they are more a collectible thing now and only for certain bands. Even stopped buying blu rays now.

I must admit in the long run it’s pretty decent value. Music and films are very reasonably priced and theirs a lot of sales. Bought the film Logan the other day for £5.99 and it comes with the same extras/bonus features as the blu ray plus it’s 4K too!

Picked up the latest Mastodon album for £4.99 about a month ago and the remastered for iTunes monicker really does mean if you listen on Apple devices through headphones or docks then it sounds very good.

You don’t theirs plenty of other options I just described my preference. I like that all three of my devices are synced up together so my digital music and films are all on tap. Plus I have tried other digital products and Apple are the best in my view. Their films look stunning and very little difference from blu ray to my eyes plus they offer the full range of bonus features like blu ray do and 5.1 sound.

Their digital music sounds better than I’ve experienced elsewhere too.

It's nothing compared to proper FLAC rips and proper computer audio gear, neither is served from the Apple garden. On the other hand, Mac is just a PC so you didn't lose anything by going Apple in that regard.

I'm not a particular Apple fanboy but I do have an iPhone since it fits my preferences and as a result, I have an Apple Music subscription and have to use iTunes on my computer. Boy do I wish they'd fire the software team responsible for that product and start over from scratch, but alas.

Back