THE BOOK OF SOULS: LIVE CHAPTER - New Live Album! - November 17th

OK, I gave it a listen and a half today and I think it's good! Some thoughts:

- Sounds brighter and rawer than other post-reunion live albums. This has both advantages and disadvantages... You can hear everything clearly, but previous live albums have more power. At least that's my initial impression. The drums seem very dry, probably could use a little bit more processing. Plus, hi-hat is waaay too loud in the mix.
- Great version of CotD, a very nice addition to the live catalogue.
- TBoS was what I was looking forward to the most and I'm not disappointed. Flawless performance, Bruce pulled it off very well and so did the rest.
- This has to be the most ridiculous "Scream for me...! The Iron Maiden!" I've ever heard. :bigsmile: Also, this is the first recording of this song where I can hear the crowd woah-ing the melody.

I still need to give it a couple of listens to get all the nuances. It's good, but I'm definitely getting that feeling of a lower quality release.

- This has to be the most ridiculous "Scream for me...! The Iron Maiden!" I've ever heard. :bigsmile: Also, this is the first recording of this song where I can hear the crowd woah-ing the melody.

i really wish they record their last ever live album in argentina or chile again .

when i listen to AC/DC River Plate i get hyped up just from the crowd mimic the melody

Is anyone having any problems with the CD?

I have two CD players, on my main player there's a pop when a song transitions from one song to the next. This doesn't happen on my other CD player. If anyone collects bootlegs it sounds very much like when someone burnt an mp3 onto a CD-R.

Listening to this now and it all feels pretty soul less to me. With no banter between songs or even a snippet of talking to introduce a song it just doesn’t have a that proper live feel to me. I much prefer whole concerts so when I’m listening I can imagine actually being there. Hate these live releases when it’s Frankenstein’d from different concerts.

If was any other band than Maiden I would have passed on this but it had to be purchased for the collection :)

Gonna file this with a real live/dead one as a curiosity and probably hardly ever dig it out in the future after a couple of listens over this weekend.

I totally agree... Such a wonderful tour and yet a wasted opportunity! Longing for a documentary... The Wacken Show on YouTube runs circles around this... Uggh. Having said all of this I am impatiently waiting for the Walmart ultimate edition to arrive with the Eddie figure!

It's interesting that from all the possible versions of Children Of The Damned to be used we get one where Bruce trips up on the lyrics ( no "your back's against the wall"). I noticed it was recorded on April 1st... a coincidental April Fool's joke?

Just watched TBOS on one of those VR headset boyos. Fuckin deadly. Not fully immersive but damn good. Il be doin more of that.
Steve, Nicko and Bruce soumded deadly. Janick seemed low in the mix with his lead bits. Maybe it was just my headphones or whatever but if thats what it sounds like all the time then aye, shoddy, semi pro job. Still, great performance overall.

I waited too long to order the "exclusive" from Walmart (sold out weeks ago) so I thought I would try my luck yesterday and go to the stores (I don't like going to Walmart) and see if I could snag a copy. At the 3rd store I went to I was able to get one, which was nice cause I wasn't going to try a fourth...

I have two CD players, on my main player there's a pop when a song transitions from one song to the next. This doesn't happen on my other CD player. If anyone collects bootlegs it sounds very much like when someone burnt an mp3 onto a CD-R.
Haven't got the cd but in related news, I bought Death on the Road recently on cd (lost my original one) and it skipped 2 tracks forward halfway through Brave New World. Got it replaced and the new one did the same.I remember when I got the original dvd it did something similar. I went through 3 copies of that before the lad in the shop said they had been recalled. I wonder if DOTR and this new one were pressed in the same place or what? Shoddy, shoddy, shoddy.

Haven't seen or bought this yet.

Does anyone know the difference between the book (deluxe) version and the "normal" version? Yes, I know one is a book and the other not, but is the content different? Different photos? More photos and/or any other differences, e.g. text in book(let)?

The price is surely a difference: 8 euro.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the standard one but the "deluxe" version is a book in a box about the size of a dvd case. The book has a map across 2 pages inside the front cover, showing the dates and locations of the various recordings. Then follows on the next 2 pages the same information in a list, some pictures and a preface by Rod. Nearer the back is a full list of tour dates, some artwork and the usual credits and thanks lists. The rest is all pictures, most of which have already been seen elsewhere (significantly the website and the fanclub mag ...)

I imagine the standard issue, with the normal CD case, probably has the same contents but with smaller print (or possibly more pages).

From IM offical website: ,,A digital download of the concert film will also be available to purchase following its free online premiere''.
When...where...?

From IM offical website: ,,A digital download of the concert film will also be available to purchase following its free online premiere''.
When...where...?

I bought it on iTunes for $10.00. Really like it. The sound and performances are great. I really like the “Flight 666” approach of having each song in a different venue. I like seeing the different crowds.

The video is in the typical «fast cut” Maiden style, but if you’re a Maiden fan you should be used to that by now. It is what it is..

I bought it on iTunes for $10.00. Really like it. The sound and performances are great. I really like the “Flight 666” approach of having each song in a different venue. I like seeing the different crowds.

The video is in the typical «fast cut” Maiden style, but if you’re a Maiden fan you should be used to that by now. It is what it is..

So it's not free ! what's the point ? Yeah, the live stream was free, but if the fans want to download the video concert they have to play $10.00. :confused::(:mad: why Maiden just don't release a DVD - the coast probably will be the same. I'm disappointed ! And they delete the whole concert from their youtube channel and divided it into songs - yeah, it is almost the same , because the songs are from different cities, but it will be more cool to have the whole concert/concert video ! It would be fantastic to have a physical release (DVD), a great memory for all the fans. I don't know, maybe Rod is guilty for that o_O

Last edited:
I haven't seen the standard one but the "deluxe" version is a book in a box about the size of a dvd case. The book has a map across 2 pages inside the front cover, showing the dates and locations of the various recordings. Then follows on the next 2 pages the same information in a list, some pictures and a preface by Rod. Nearer the back is a full list of tour dates, some artwork and the usual credits and thanks lists. The rest is all pictures, most of which have already been seen elsewhere (significantly the website and the fanclub mag ...)

I imagine the standard issue, with the normal CD case, probably has the same contents but with smaller print (or possibly more pages).
Thank you!

Don't buy the deluxe version Foro...

530-90_itsatrap.jpg

Mine work absolutely fine.

On a side note, what a band! Great live performances. :)

Haven't seen or bought this yet.

Does anyone know the difference between the book (deluxe) version and the "normal" version? Yes, I know one is a book and the other not, but is the content different? Different photos? More photos and/or any other differences, e.g. text in book(let)?

The price is surely a difference: 8 euro.

You can see some pictures here where some differences can be observed (more pictures in the book version).

livechapter_cds.jpg

If it is of any help, I bought the book deluxe version and think it is pretty cool.

Hey guys, I want to know whats the best way with getting the digital concert film download, If I buy the live album on iTunes will I have the concert to download?

Back