The 2011 Tour Thread! (SPOILERS)

Is everything about the tour exactly the way you want it?

• Yes

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • I'm not sure what I want

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
Dude, I'm listening now and it's worth getting. Audience recording, but really well captured (one song is missing the very ending).

Jeffmetal said:
Dude, I'm listening now and it's worth getting. Audience recording, but really well captured (one song is missing the very ending).
which one? I don't have time to listen yet.

Jeffmetal said:

Alright thanks. I'm really picky when it comes to bootlegs. I usually avoid them unless they have very clear and listenable audio  :)
Some great photos from the Moscow gig: http://www.darkside.ru/report/5154/  Bruce got this microphone stand back  :edmetal:

Thanks Jeff,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XanrYrlOcZk S15/Final Frontier with intro video.

Do you think you’ll be working on new music on this tour and recording too?
Well, we came out with the album at the end of the last tour, and this tour is meant for that album – although it’s slightly later than we planned. We finish in August, then we’ll take a break and put some new music together, so it’ll be the year after next I think!
Great news!  :edmetal:

If it was mentioned in the previous pages, I didn't catch it - is there a big stage Eddie during Iron Maiden, or is it the same, like during the previous part of the tour, the walk-on Eddie?

I like this set a lot. It's well balanced between old and new - the way it should be when touring with a new album. Happy to see they learned from the mistake in 2006.
Admittedly, there could have been a surprise song or two put in, rather than the same classics being put on rotation between tours. But it seems there are some classics they feel obligied to play, and with some new songs to cover as well, there simply isn't room for any surprises, other than in the "history" tours.
Speaking of which, I think you can tell from this setlist that the next history tour will cover the 90's, since they only play
Fear of the Dark
this time, it seems  to me as if they left out the 90's songs for a reason.

Regarding the songs they play, I think they made a good choice in including
Blood Brothers, Dance Of Death and The Wicker Man
, seeing as those are amongst the most live-friendly songs from the 2000's, and should work well alongside the older classics. The selection from The Final Frontier is good as well, although perhaps not optimal.
El Dorado
was already played live before, and might have been replaced with
Mother of Mercy
or
The Alchemist
, and I'm also inclined to believe
Isle Of Avalon
would have been stunning live. But they play
When The Wild Wind Blows & The Talisman
, and those are my favorite songs from the album by far, so I can't complain, really.

The Talisman is a great song on the album but it totally soars live.  I think that will be viewed in time to be a classic live song, assuming it's played for the full tour.  Great stuff.

Decent set list, I just wish the classic songs weren't so predictable.  One rarity would have done wonders to throw the hardcore a bit of a bone.

There is still a decent chance that they will alternate, remove or add a song or two in the near future. There has only been show so far. Remember that Brighter Than a Thousand Suns and Paschendale were played on opening night of the last leg, but ultimately phased out before long. It would be nice if they had say 12 "classics" that they rotated, playing 3-4 a night. That way everyone gets to hear the Final Frontier songs and the same old classics don't get worn out.

I do hope they dont switch around the new tracks, there are some others id like to hear but im content how it is now with all my favourites bar
starblind
which is too complex anyway. switching just gets me more on edge than i am already
163 days (nearly)  :lol:
the only one i could stand them changing would be
WTWWB
  :ninja: :ninja:
But then my girlfriend would be sad so ill take that back to avoid jynxing it  :innocent:

@Play Classics:
I don't think that playing only FOTD is a hint to anything, when was the last time they played something other than FOTD from the '90s? In 2005, during the DOD tour? Sure, it's more likely that they'll do that part of their history if they do decide to do it, but there have been no official statements to that effect.

@Donner:
Hell, even a Starblind or an Isle of Avalon would have meant throwing a bone to the hardcores.

So, i wasted  :) my time reading the last ten pages of this thread. Watching some youtube videos here's my first impressions:

1 - Holy mother of the Church of Eddie - Bruce sounds great.
2 - All TFF songs sounds great live.
3 - There's nothing particular wrong with the setlist, i would like to see Starblind, but maybe it's too hard for Bruce.
4 - There's a strange quietness regarding NPFtD-1990's era so, maybe a History tour will follow.  ;)

Rotam said:
So, i wasted  :) my time reading the last ten pages of this thread. Watching some youtube videos here's my first impressions:

1 - Holy mother of the Church of Eddie - Bruce sounds great.
There is one of those now too??? And I would think that
the talisman is a lot harder for Bruce than Starblind

Back