The 2011 Tour Thread! (SPOILERS)

Is everything about the tour exactly the way you want it?

• Yes

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • I'm not sure what I want

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
LooseCannon said:
I just want to say that

I take back everything I ever said about The Talisman. Fuck, that song rocks live. I really, truly hope they add more tour dates for North America.
No kidding, that was just fantastic .. you can see Bruce getting amped up for the "Westwards", he just fucking nailed it.  This is really helping to make up my mind to take a break from work and go see them in FL.

Satellite 15...The Final Frontier (great)
El Dorado (I'd rather see 'Mother Of Mercy' here)
Two Minutes to Midnight (redundant and annoying, they might as well replace this one with 'Wrathchild')
Coming Home (I'd rather see 'The Alchemist' here)
Dance of Death (great)
The Trooper (redundant and annoying, should be replaced with 'Flight Of Icarus' at long last)
The Wicker Man (great)
Blood Brothers (great)
When The Wild Wind Blows (great)
The Evil That Men Do (redundant and annoying, should be replaced with 'The Clairvoyant')
The Talisman (great)

Now comes the boring part of the show (how many more time do we have to endure this):

Fear of the Dark (redundant and annoying)
Iron Maiden (redundant and annoying)
-------------------------
The Number of the Beast (redundant and annoying)
Hallowed Be Thy Name (redundant and annoying)
Running Free (at least there's no 'Run To The Hills' here)

Babo 91 said:
H's hair? Return of the Mullet?

eh ? :p

Another sign Maiden England will be the next tour, if he gets out the sleveless denim jacket and dyes part of his hair blonde, it is confirmed.

I want a full audio/video bootleg. Anyone sound board recordings of Russia?
Something interesting to mention:
H's solo was more improvised than Dave's.In coming Home.

I just realized they didn't play Wrathchild. That is surprising. I like Two Minutes live, I think it is a good addition.

My god.

Coming Home is emotional. And the crowd is singing along. Beautiful, what a fantastic song.

I'd like to see \
the video that went with S15. The only youtube video I could find only showed the center of the stage.

deslock said:
How much of Satellite 15 was played and how much was prerecorded?

From a youtube video I just watched, the answer is:
All of S15 was prerecorded.  Not surprising given the style of the song and that they played prerecorded portions of Caught Somewhere in Time (on the SOT tour) and Moonchild (on the STOAST tour while they played all of it on the SBIT tour).

don't forget the beginning of aces high. I thought Bruce would at least sing his part live.

The Knife Master said:
I think we both agreed that the set would be rather predictable. I was just pointing out that for the most part they are not. I was surprised to see 2MTM though/

Just kidding with you. Calling
23:58
a surprise is a stretch. I'd say the biggest surprise was that they
kept the encore the same.

Oh well, if I had the chance (no New York date yet) I'd would still like to see the show.

Coming Home, When The Wild Wind Blows and The Talisman are superb live!!! Why didn't you put more from the album on the set, you twats?! :D I thought Dave was doing the melody while Janick did the dive bombing solo on The Talisman - it's all by Janick. Also, Adrian is using a D dropped tuning on The Talisman, which I pointed out months ago, but the songbook didn't (He seems to do the same on The Alchemist).

All of the new songs looked absolutely superb live! Didn't see any videos of El Dorado from Moscow, but i've seen them from last tour and it was balls to the wall, great stuff. The Talisman especially looks just amazing, makes me wish even more I could see them on this tour. The way Bruce belts out that chorus is just breathtaking.

Also, who else loved the Bruce/Janick interaction at the start of
If you didn't check out the youtube link earlier you definitely should, it's one of the more amusing Maiden moments I've ever seen :p

Back