The 2011 Tour Thread! (SPOILERS)

Is everything about the tour exactly the way you want it?

• Yes

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • I'm not sure what I want

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
Soundwave isn't it? Same one as Maiden right? I'm not sure if I would go or not if I was in Austrailia. VH is one of my favorite bands and I've always wanted to see them live, but I wouldn't want to pay a lot of money for a festival just to see one band.

Well its actually called the "Soundwave Revolution", Maiden's one was just called "Soundwave". Confusing, I know :p

I paid a lot to go see Maiden, but they also had some other pretty good bands at Soundwave, including Slayer (which I ended up missing!!!!  :mad: :mad:), Slash which wasn't too bad, and a couple others. plus, it was my first time seeing Maiden.

Nice! I've been a fan since about 14.5 years of age, they've been my favourite band since I was 15 :D

It's probably posted somewhere, but I saw today that the Sonisphere Bulgaria was officially canceled.

mtmccox said:
BTW, what was the lineup?
Iron Maiden, Slipknot, Alice Cooper, Mastodon, Apocalyptica.

I heard that some people boycotted the concert 'cause the tickets were too expensive:

price 1 - Standing place - Normal price - 78,20 EUR
price 2 - Standing place - Normal price - 47,52 EUR
price 3 - Seats - Normal price - 78,20 EUR
price 4 - Seats - Normal price - 62,85 EUR

Either these prices were a mistake, either something weird is going on (what a low amount of sold tickets!).
I wonder if Rod will have more on this.

edit: Ah, I already see a statement:

Due to logistical problems the local promoter, Marcel Avram and Balkan Entertainment have unfortunately decided to cancel this year's Sonisphere Festival in Sofia, Bulgaria. Everyone at Sonisphere have worked diligently to try and get the problems rectified but unfortunately these problems cannot be resolved.  Sonisphere apologises for the cancellation and any inconvenience this has caused.  Unfortunately these circumstances were out of our control. 

Ticket sales weren't officially revealed, but it's an "open secret", I read some Bulgarian metal forums. There are 2-3 metal festivals this year there, and lots in the neighbourhood (Serbia, Hungary, Romania, Slovenia etc.) so I guess that people had to choose.

Donner said:
That clip is incredible.

I really think that The Talisman will be classic song that gets played even after this tour should they chose to play Final Frontier songs again.  Great song on disc and from what I can tell absolutely spellbinding live.
With the vocal problems Bruce is having on this song, I highly doubt that.

Night Prowler said:
Iron Maiden, Slipknot, Alice Cooper, Mastodon, Apocalyptica.

I heard that some people boycotted the concert 'cause the tickets were too expensive:

price 1 - Standing place - Normal price - 78,20 EUR
price 2 - Standing place - Normal price - 47,52 EUR
price 3 - Seats - Normal price - 78,20 EUR
price 4 - Seats - Normal price - 62,85 EUR
It's actually nice to see people taking a stand against high ticket prices! I don't care how much you like a band, when it comes to the greed of the concert promoters jacking up the price and bands such as Maiden and Metallica who already have more money than they'll ever know what to do with and still charge outrageous fees to play and could tour for free for the rest of their career without it affecting them at all, we should all take a stand against it.

Those prices (60 - 80 €) are pretty outrageous for a low-income country such as Bulgaria, where the average salary is in the vicinity of 250 €. [Source]

Ranko said:
Those prices (60 - 80 €) are pretty outrageous for a low-income country such as Bulgaria, where the average salary is in the vicinity of 250 €. [Source]

Indeed. Not fair because I bet South Americans and Mexicans will pay way less for a ticket in their area.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
With the vocal problems Bruce is having on this song, I highly doubt that.

I asked once for evidence of this and never received it.  Do you have any evidence of his struggles with this song?

Back