The 2011 Tour Thread! (SPOILERS)

Is everything about the tour exactly the way you want it?

• Yes

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • I'm not sure what I want

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
I kind of agree with Maidenman, I really have a feeling that they will play Phantom of the Opera. We haven't gotten it on an official live release from this line-up, which is a shame considering most people put it right up there among the best tracks the band has put out. Perhaps i'm dreaming a bit but I would love that, please no more RTTH or Wrathchild.

On one night they will replace:
Blood Brothers with The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
and on the other night they will replace:
Dance of Death or The Wickerman with These Colours Don't Run
How do I know this:
I read it in my tea leaves

I will say this: I am fucking curious. Hopefully someone posts the setlist from tonight.

I hope they put on a more few songs from the new album, like they did with the extra songs from BNW in South America ... ideally
Avalon

For me? I'd love to see

The Alchemist + Starblind (Isle of Avalon if they can't do the latter). And another track tossed in; say, These Colours Don't Run.

I think that we have an extremely good chance of getting a AMOLAD song, because there was no AMOLAD dvd.

Jupz said:
Why isn't it a possibility?

It is a possibility, but:

They would have to rehearse that song more than one they have played recently (as in last year). It would be quite unlike Maiden to do that. Plus, that song is 13 minutes long. I can't see them prolonging the set with 20 minutes (Rime plus one more extra song). Two well established live songs that they play on nearly every tour are more likely.

Eddies Wingman said:

They would have to rehearse that song more than one they have played recently (as in last year). It would be quite unlike Maiden to do that. Plus, that song is 13 minutes long. I can't see them prolonging the set with 20 minutes (Rime plus one more extra song). Two well established live songs that they play on nearly every tour are more likely.

Yeah, thats true.

Eddies Wingman said:

Very right. It will be something that they can put into the set, knowing it will work. I think they will add Run To The Hills..Simply because it will look great with all the South American fans going crazy and singing along to that track on the DVD. And Maiden can play it blindfolded, so it will not be a problem throwing RTTH in at the end of the set when they are tired.

do we know if either show is being broadcasted through radio or tv?

also id like to input on the added song situation i believe there is no amolad songs in this setlist if im correct i reckonn benjamin breeg and these colours dont run or for the greater good of god. what i personally want is the clansman and look for the truth. although i do have a feeling it could relate more to the greatest hits album if so i reckon the clansman and bring you daughter

Someone on the official board said-
According to the band the sets at those shows will be no different.  This sounds like something that was lost in translation.  I'm not sure who to believe.  But I'd bet on a mistranslation over a flexible Maiden setlist any day.  I guess we'll find out soon.

Donner said:
According to the band the sets at those shows will be no different.  This sounds like something that was lost in translation.  I'm not sure who to believe.  But I'd bet on a mistranslation over a flexible Maiden setlist any day.  I guess we'll find out soon.

I wouldn't be surprised. See my post in the topic Yax opened. I find it a shaky message.

If there are extra songs then I don't think they'll be new ones. Rather old ones which are easy to play. It's a risk to do a new song out of the blue. On the other hand, they'll have two chances and can choose the best recording.

ManchesterMaidenUK said:
do we know if either show is being broadcasted through radio or tv?

also id like to input on the added song situation i believe there is no amolad songs in this setlist if im correct i reckonn benjamin breeg and these colours dont run or for the greater good of god. what i personally want is the clansman and look for the truth. although i do have a feeling it could relate more to the greatest hits album if so i reckon the clansman and bring you daughter

They played a ton of AMALOD on the first leg, not sure what they recorded of it for later release.

bearfan said:
They played a ton of AMALOD on the first leg, not sure what they recorded of it for later release.

i know i meant on this tour with a load being played on the first leg i think if any songs are going to be added then maybe they will be the amolad

Donner said:
According to the band the sets at those shows will be no different.  This sounds like something that was lost in translation.  I'm not sure who to believe.  But I'd bet on a mistranslation over a flexible Maiden setlist any day.  I guess we'll find out soon.

Well that just put a downer on the whole thing. C´mon Maiden, its for a DVD, live a little!  ;)

Consider: adding a new song to the show isn't just about Maiden being able to play it. There's also the crew, and in particular the lighting. Overall, songs they've done before are easier to add than something new.

Back