The 2011 Tour Thread! (SPOILERS)

Is everything about the tour exactly the way you want it?

• Yes

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • I'm not sure what I want

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
Prowler_108 said:
Pretty suprised to not see...
Brave New World
that was a huge surprise for me.
Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
WTWWB sounds amazing!
yea I didn't think it would.I am interested in hearing the talisman.

Really like the setlist for the most part though
Great to see The Wicker Man still in there, and The Evil that Men Do is fantastic

Well I've never been to a maiden show before, and my first one is in a little under a month so I'm very excited about this setlist! Maybe after I've been to them a few times I will want something different but I am very pleased. I am happy with their choices off the new album (besides El Dorado and maybe Coming Home, which coulld have been swapped for maybe Mother of Mercy). I would have loved to see Brave New World, Aces High and Powerslave as well, but you can't get everything! I really love the Wicker Man and I think Sat 15... TFF will be a great opener. Wooo!! Very happy about this  :yey: :yey:

Also, I think the reason they don't change the last 5 songs is because they are tried and true classics, and they wouldn't want to dissapoint a town where the majority would want to see FOTD, Hallowed, or TNOTB over ATG :)

Mother Russia. Should Have been played. But then again they should have played Alexander in Greece.

Seems that Bruce is using a mic stand again. Maybe he has been getting in stage fights with Steve again?

My God , Dickinson is sounding better than ever on these videos !! Amazing !!

Also nice to see that the
live version of WTWWB is heavier than the album one .

Wohoho WTWWB live just blows even more!!  :edmetal:

I don't expect them to surprise me at this point.That's the way it is and you'd better get over it.

I'm happy especially for seeing they're playing Blood Brothers, DOD, Wickerman - songs I haven't seen live.
Would have liked more songs from the new album(Isle Of Avalon) but what can you do?

Anyway, I hope a full version of Talisman is uploaded soon.  :edmetal:

Damn what a great concert and an amazing setlist!  :eek:

Dear God, please, I never asked for anything in my life! Is being in just one Maiden concert too much to ask? You can even kill me after the show!

*sigh*
:(

Thanks for linking to the videos everyone!

I'm tempted to travel 1400 miles just to see Talisman and When the Wild Wind Blows... hope they release an audio and video recording this tour.

How much of Satellite 15 was played and how much was prerecorded?

The set is quite good (I'm pleased to see DoD still included), though more new songs and something representing AMOLAD woulda been nice. 

We know they're not going to drop Hallowed Be Thy Name, Iron Maiden, Fear of the Dark, or Number of the Beast (I'm guessing that it not being played on the 1st leg of the AMALOD tour was a one time thing).  If I had my choice, I'd swap:

Coming Home (it's crap)
Blood Brothers (it's OK, but we got Wickerman)
Running Free (it's decent, but we got Iron Maiden)
Two Minutes to Midnight (it's also decent, but it's overplayed and gotta make room)

For:

Starblind
Isle of Avalon or The Alchemist
Different World, For the Greater Good of God, or Lord of Light
Lightning Strikes Twice, The Educated Fool, or Fortunes of War (I know I know, not gonna happen)

Then we'd have 5 songs from the 1980s, 2 from the 1990s (w/ 1 Blaze-era), 3 from 2000s, and 6 new ones.

I just want to say that

I take back everything I ever said about The Talisman. Fuck, that song rocks live. I really, truly hope they add more tour dates for North America.

Also, did anyone see

H's hair? Return of the Mullet?

There is a certain irony to the

first live performance of WTWWB being played in Moscow, don't you think?

On the back of the OFFICIAL T-Shirts that were sold in Moscow you can see the full tour schedule.
It includes dates that are not yet on the site.ATHENS IS IN!!!!!!!  :edmetal: :shred:

Click HERE and then click on the t-shirt image.

Back