TBOS Tour Predictions

obviously they will decide what they will play but too long?they have played Ancient Mariner, after you play 13+ minute tune i think too long is flimsy excuse.Get piano, play piano, musicians have been doing this ever since the thing was invented i see no problem of replicating a piano all you need is a piano and a musician. if they don't want to drag piano as gear they are easily rented anywhere in world.
Length isn't really as much as an issue as I made it sound, It's probably the strings and all the other instruments that the song contains. It's too hard to replicate live is what I'm gathering from the interview

And do we need spoilers when talking about what songs won't be played?
Yes, absolutely. Anything the band says regarding what will or will not be played on a tour must be spoilered.

Let me repeat this for everyone else out there:

Must. Be. Spoilered.

There is a no tolerance rule for spoilers.

I think we're well overdue a UK tour - its already 5 years since the last one! The pattern seems to be they tour when they've got an album to promote, then the rest of the time the whole UK fanbase has to travel down south to Twickenham, Sonisphere or Download!

Download is only about 25 minutes away from me, so that would bother me too much. But after Sonisphere, I'd much rather see them in an arena setting. It's less hassle, and you don't have stand around waiting for 12 hours for them to come onto the stage.

I'd guess something like that:

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed Of Light
3. 2 Minutes To Midnight
4. The Book Of Souls
5. Coming Home
6. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
7. The Trooper
8. The Wicker Man
9. Shadows Of The Valley
10. No More Lies
11. The Red And The Black
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden

14. The Number Of The Beast
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Running Free

Really think that they'll play IESF, SOL, TBOS and TRATB at this tour, throwing Shadows too of the new album, don't think that Empire will be played. I also think that they'll play at least one song of the others post-2000 albums.

Got this from the Brazil IM FB page:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&tl=en&u=http://www.ironmaidenbrasil.com.br/2015/08/rumor-datas-e-set-list-da-turne-20162017.html

Rumored tour dates and rumored setlist(s). I think the setlist part is bullshit though (how the fuck would they know that?).
This setlist which was also revealed and shared with the followers of the band for analysis and advice.

IRON MAIDEN BRASIL
Do you smell something?...

It looks like it's a leak from the Latin American producer of the tour, a company named Evenpro, or Move in some countries...

Yeah, those setlists aren't going to happen. Especially the "second leg", the band have already decided they won't be playing the whole album live as it would be too much, and by the looks of it, that set list has every song from TBOS.

Also, I can't see them playing CIPWM, Wasted Years or even Run to the Hills, considering they've just spent three years playing those songs.

If I was to have a guess. The band will play four or five songs from the new album, plus some post-2000 songs, along with the usual The Trooper/NOTB/FOTD/Iron Maiden/ Running Free regulars

I can't see them playing CIPWM, Wasted Years or even Run to the Hills, considering they've just spent three years playing those songs.

CIPWM I don't expect to see ever again. I think the band enjoys playing it, but TBOS songs will push it off the list, and it will drift away.

Wasted Years is 50/50. Fans love it, and I think Bruce loves it too. I could see it getting played again, though not necessarily on this tour.

I think RTTH is back to being a standard. It'll be there. Hallowed will be back too of course, but I suspect TNOTB will be given the tour off.

Wasted Years is 50/50. Fans love it, and I think Bruce loves it too. I could see it getting played again, though not necessarily on this tour.

I think RTTH is back to being a standard. It'll be there. Hallowed will be back too of course, but I suspect TNOTB will be given the tour off.

I hope Wasted Years does come back, as it was a very spine tingling moment when I saw them live last year, especially during the chorus. But I'm basing my predictions on the past album tours, and WY has usually been left out on past album tours, and have been put in for history tours.

Yeah, I can actually see RTTH potentially coming back. I was hoping it will become like their 2010 tour when it was very reunion song heavy.

Oh god, Hallowed Be Thy Name. I completely forgot about that one. It's just been off the setlist FAR too long.

:)

CIPWM I don't expect to see ever again.
Good riddance. If I could pick any song to be permanently retired, that's the one. It'd be nice to see them give FOTD a break, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing Coming Home on this tour, maybe El Dorado again.

Agreed, that song is a waste of 3 minutes. I would expect El Dorado and The Talisman over Coming Home.

I disagree to this extent: I very much like CIPWM and loved seeing it live.

That said, I don't think it should come back. It's been in the set since 2008, that's enough.

I like the song but I always hated hearing it on the live albums. Thought seeing it live might change my opinion but that didn't happen.

I hope they omit 2 Minutes, I think it's quite boring when played live.

If any regular song needs to be dumped, it's that.

Last edited:
Agreed, that song is a waste of 3 minutes. I would expect El Dorado and The Talisman over Coming Home.
Coming Home proved to be a crowd favorite and a good sing along song. If anything becomes a live staple from the last album, that's the one.

Back