TBOS Tour Predictions

I don't think there'd be room for Blood Brothers or Dance of Death. Easy picks and easy crowd pleasers, but I sincerely hope there's more room for new or rare work.

I think I understand. Here's my new 2016 setlist prediction:

If Edamame Should Fail
Shank of Lamb
2 Minutes to Snacktime
Hungry Be Thy Name
Blood Sausage
The Red and the Black Beans
The Pooper
-rather lengthy and smelly intermission-
Afraid to Shit in Strange Toilets
The Eating that Men Do
The Book of Recipes
Fear of the Duck
Iron Chef
Death or Gouda
The Number of the Beets
The Runs in the Hills :turd:

:funnypost:

Well, I'm off to lunch now!

If they are going with a food themed setlist I'm sure we will have Rime of the Ancient Mayonnaise.

At least I resisted the tempting idea of 20,000 singing along with Bruce, that beautiful haunting chorus: " we're blood sausagesssss were blood sausage-eeeesss"....

1. If eternity should fail
2. Speed of light
3. El dorado
4. Wasted years
5. The book of souls
6. 2 minutes 2 midnight
7. Blood brothers
8. Red and the black
9. Death or glory
10. The trooper
11. Fear of the dark
12. The # of the beast

Encore:

13. Dance of death
14. Hallowed be thy name
15. Aces high

May be wishful thinking here, iron maiden, the song finally gets the hook, as Eddie shows up during fear of the dark and maybe again during DOD.

This encore would make Bruce loose his voice...

How sure are we that the red and the black is a favorite to make the set? Seems like a waste of precious setlist space to me. I have the feeling Steve thinks it's better than it is.
Furthermore the oh oh ohs feel forced to get in the rotation. I'd way rather spend that slot on the great unknown + another like flight or invaders or the alchemist ..etc.

I'm with you bornless1, I'd rather see those 13 mins given over to Great Unknown or When the River Runs Deep + a short rarity but I cant see it being left out for various reasons - its Steves only solo composition, its the longest on the album (Empire isn't in the running so Im not counting it) and he discussed how much fun they had recording it in the bass website interview posted recently.

Don't get me wrong, I like the song but it also irritates me slightly, its about 4 mins too long I feel but I absolutely love the last 4 mins. That said, maybe the last 4 mins wouldn't have such an impact without the 3 or 4 mins of noodling about that comes before hand. Either way, Id be very surprised if it wasn't included.

Back