TBOS Tour Predictions

My prediction for new live songs (after finally hearing the album! :D )

IETSF
SOL
TBOS
TOAC
Maybe Death or Glory?

I REALLY hope Great Unknown and WTRRD make the cut as well.

Why everybody is leaving behind Shadows of the Valley? T_T I think its my favorite song atm, i really hope to hear it live, more than EotC

It's actually not too unlikely come to think of it. Isn't Soundwave festival around the time that Maiden is supposed to start touring?

Soundwave is actually earlier this year. It's at the end of January instead of end of February like it normally is.

Previously, I was hoping to get a few Final Frontier songs live on this tour as the only song I got to see live from that album was El Dorado. Now after listening to The Book of Souls a few times, I honestly don't care if they play a single song from that album if it means more songs from this one!

Bruce says they will play about 4 or 5 songs and Empire of the Clouds won't be one of them. Therefore my predictions from Book of Souls are:

Title track
Speed of Light
Death or Glory
Red and the Black

I hope there is more than that but just don't think they will have room in the set for more. Obviously since the previous tour was older material, this tour will probably be similar to Final Frontier (mostly material since 2000) but hopefully not the same songs. Especially would like to hear different material from AMOLAD.

Coming Home isn't a bad guess, I think. I could see that slotting in neatly. Why is everyone putting If Eternity Should Fail first? Since I heard Speed of Light was going to be the single I assumed that would go first, not least because it's going to get the most exposure, and from that perspective is a good opener.
I agree. I think Speed of Light will be the opener. Fast and short like the usual Maiden openers.

I think they'll do Eternity as the opener and then go straight into Speed of Light..

It is like how they opened up with Satellite/Final Frontier and went into Eldorado. Speed of Light is similar to Eldorado in places and will work just fine in the second slot on the set.

I really hope that if they choose just one song from AMOLAD, it'll be Brighter Than a Thousand Suns. I felt really bummed for missing that one, especially seeing as it was replaced by Wrathchild. However, TCDR and Breeg are more likely AMOLAD tracks.

I also suspect we'll get Brave New World or Blood Brothers, and possibly No More Lies or Dance of Death. For the overall setlist, I assume the following:

- 5 songs from the new album (first two, TRATB, TBOS, and Death or Glory or Tears of a Clown)
- 5 songs from 2000-2010 albums, evenly distributed between the four of them. If I have to guess five, let's say Brave New World, Blood Brothers, Dance of Death, These Colours Don't Run and Coming Home/El Dorado.
- Iron Maiden, Fear of the Dark and Hallowed are given - I just can't see them leaving out Hallowed again. Two or three more of the usual suspects (2 Minutes, The Trooper, NOTB, The Evil That Men Do, Wasted Years, Running Free).

That gives 15-16 songs, a normal number for a Maiden gig.

I agree. I think Speed of Light will be the opener. Fast and short like the usual Maiden openers.
I think its almost certain they'll open with If Eternity Should Fail - pretty much every album tour from Peace of Mind onwards has opened with the album opener (think X Factor may have been the exception?) Cant see them changing it now - if they were gonna go with lead singles then we wouldve had El Dorado and Benjamin Breeg on the last 2 album tours?

I hope they play almost no classics. None. Of the old songs there should only be obscure ones.
It would be perfect for me, and I would stand with a sinister smile while giggling, thinking about the "play classics" people in the stadium.
Moahahahaaa
YES! hahahhhahahahah! To HELL with the casual 80s fans! Deep tracks and new material only! (never happen though)

I really hope that if they choose just one song from AMOLAD, it'll be Brighter Than a Thousand Suns. I felt really bummed for missing that one, especially seeing as it was replaced by Wrathchild. However, TCDR and Breeg are more likely AMOLAD tracks.

I also suspect we'll get Brave New World or Blood Brothers, and possibly No More Lies or Dance of Death. For the overall setlist, I assume the following:

- 5 songs from the new album (first two, TRATB, TBOS, and Death or Glory or Tears of a Clown)
- 5 songs from 2000-2010 albums, evenly distributed between the four of them. If I have to guess five, let's say Brave New World, Blood Brothers, Dance of Death, These Colours Don't Run and Coming Home/El Dorado.
- Iron Maiden, Fear of the Dark and Hallowed are given - I just can't see them leaving out Hallowed again. Two or three more of the usual suspects (2 Minutes, The Trooper, NOTB, The Evil That Men Do, Wasted Years, Running Free).

That gives 15-16 songs, a normal number for a Maiden gig.
Yes! I saw them in Houston on the 2nd date of TFF tour and was looking forward to BTATS and was upset when they played Wrathchild instead (already seen it live many times). Since TCDR and TROBB were already played on TFF tour, hopefully will pick something different from AMOLAD.

Please no more "No More Lies" - which is the most self-parodic IM track ever, in my opinion. Bring back "Heaven Can Wait"!

YES! hahahhhahahahah! To HELL with the casual 80s fans! Deep tracks and new material only! (never happen though)
Well, it did, more or less, in the summer of 2010! ;)

I think it's good to have something for the casual fans as well. Something that makes the entire arena come together in singing, jumping and cheering. If that means they have to play Fear of the Dark again, so be it :D

What I would like, is a proper surprise from the 80s, maybe a song they haven't played since the 80s (or very few times after). Still Life? Infinite Dreams?

If eternity should fail
Speed of light
Wrathchild
Book of Souls
The trooper
The red and the black
Brave new world
Coming home
Wasted years
Fear of the dark
Hallowed be thy name

Aces high
The evil that men do
Iron maiden

Can see it being something like this

Here's my new "pie in the sky" setlist after spending a day with the album :D

1. IETSF
2. SOL
3. Wicker Man
4. Great Unknown
5. WTRRD
6. Trooper
7. Tears of a Clown
8. TROBB
9. Still Life
10. NOTB
11. TBOS
12. FOTD
13. Iron Maiden

14. Death or Glory
15. The Evil That Men Do
16. Hallowed

Here is my prediction of the new tour's setlist, at this stage it's a bit of a wild stab in the dark in regards to the previous albums but here we go:

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed Of Light
3. El Dorado
4. The Red and The Black
5. Dance Of Death
6. The Book Of Souls
7. The Wicker Man
8. The Trooper
9. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
10. Empire of the Clouds (Yeah I know it's highly unlikely, but as Nicko said in an interview "never say never")
11. Hallowed Be Thy Name
12. Iron Maiden

13. Heaven Can Wait
15. The Number of the Beast
16. Running Free / Sanctuary (Very unsure of the setlist closer between these two at this stage).

*EDIT* I decided to change it around a bit just now as I forgot to include Iron Maiden in the set !! :/

Liam.

Last edited:
Back