matter of life & death live dvd?

terrell39

Ancient Mariner
Why no live dvd of this tour? Not only was this the shortest US tour in the bands history, but this is the only tour this century (promoting a new cd) that has not been released as a live cd/dvd! This was also the 1st tour to skip Texas (where I live) so I could not see the show. I bought the bootleg dvd live in Glasgow and love the stage, the tank, and yes I LOVE that they played the cd in its entirety! At 1st I just thought it was ok but over time it grew on me and now I love it! I would love to own a maiden quality audio recording of that tour. Bruce says a show was recorded in 2007 but that was the 2nd leg of the tour where only 1/2 the cd was played. I want a live cd/dvd of the 1st leg where ALLthe cd was played. What do you think?

Completely agree. I love AMOLAD and definitely missed that tour. The Globen bootleg is a really good recording, those songs sound amazing live.

I am assuming that, since a lot of their fans got all pissy when they played the full album live, they figured people would be less likely to purchase a live recording. They may be right, but I still wish we had one.

A common but uncofirmed explanation is that Maiden intended to release a live DVD of Download 2007 but due to several sound issues and lots of flags blocking the stage in crowd shots they decided that it wouldn't be of satisfactory quality.

It would be great if Maiden actually said something about this to stop people asking questions about it all the time. Bruce even said the Download show was being filmed for a DVD (I was there). However, we've been spoilt with live Maiden releases since Bruce returned so I think we will all get along just fine without this one.

[...] I bought the bootleg dvd live in Glasgow and love the stage, the tank, and yes I LOVE that they played the cd in its entirety! At 1st I just thought it was ok but over time it grew on me and now I love it! I would love to own a maiden quality audio recording of that tour. Bruce says a show was recorded in 2007 but that was the 2nd leg of the tour where only 1/2 the cd was played. I want a live cd/dvd of the 1st leg where ALLthe cd was played. What do you think?
Is that bootleg Glasgow, as in, Glasgow Scotland?
Completely agree. I love AMOLAD and definitely missed that tour. The Globen bootleg is a really good recording, those songs sound amazing live.
Is that what the bootleg is called? (i.e. "The Globen")

BL, were you at (that show at) the SECC in December 2007?

EDIT: Fuck! There's me calling you "BL" again! Apologies: BW...
(fuckin' lizard...)
Yeah I was there. That was my first ever Maiden show and my first big gig. I was sixteen at the time and thought I could stick it out towards the front. I have never been so wrong. I had to get out during 'Different World and I was absolutely exhausted for the rest of the show. I think I would have enjoyed it a bit more if I'd had some more energy!

Oh dear. Sounds like it was a decent crowd though; as opposed to the atmosphere on TFF tour (at the SECC). What do you think the chances of Maiden playing The Hydro in this (muted) summer 2014 "tour"? How good would that be? :D

Well, it turns out Rod literally said nothing (! :p) --but it was suggested their might be some tour dates in 2014 (--somewhere... maybe... but probably not...)

A common but uncofirmed explanation is that Maiden intended to release a live DVD of Download 2007 but due to several sound issues and lots of flags blocking the stage in crowd shots they decided that it wouldn't be of satisfactory quality.
It's been up on Kevin Shirley's site for years that Donny '07 has been mixed and mastered. (As well as '92). I'm not sure about the reasons for not releasing it though.

Well, it turns out Rod literally said nothing (! :p) --but it was suggested their might be some tour dates in 2014 (--somewhere... maybe... but probably not...)
I still have no idea what you're talking about! I wouldn't mind if Maiden didn't tour next year because I have no idea where I'll be living the next time they tour. If they could wait till 2015 and give me some time to sort myself out, that would be great.

Almost two years since this post started and still no official word about why no live DVD/CD of this tour or when to expect one. Was wondering if they were waiting for 2016 for the 10th anniversary of the tour, but looks like that won't happen due to Book of Souls. Perhaps they are waiting for after their retire from the road so they have something to release?

Perhaps they are waiting for after their retire from the road so they have something to release?

Perhaps this is possible but until then I wouldn't hold my breath...

Do you know the Uniondale NY 2006 recording? It's one of the best from that tour, should keep you somewhat satisfied in the lack of anything official :)

Back