Steve Harris

When I saw Maiden, Steve was machine gunning and all that, but he didn't move that much and also, as what striked me most, never looked a single person in the eye.
Are you sure you didn't see a tribute band? That doesn't sound like Steve. He has to be one of the most intense performers in metal, sings every word, runs quite a bit (less than some years ago obviously) and has a lot of eye contact with the people at the front rows.

I will give the (incredibly underwhelming) debut album another listen, but having Nine Miles Down (with Andy Makin ex-Psycho Motel) on the bill might be the incentive needed to finally go and see British Lion this time. Or perhaps not.

Best tracks are The Chosen Ones (very first Boston album vibe, particularly Peace of Mind) and A World Without Heaven.

I need to give British Lion another try. It's a weird mix of very talented musicians that make music that is as boring as it could possibly be. And I can't figure out what's going on with that singer. He's a good singer but sounds like there is no air in his lungs.

Best tracks are The Chosen Ones (very first Boston album vibe, particularly Peace of Mind) and A World Without Heaven.

I quite liked The Chosen Ones with that Boston vibe. If I remember correctly, it was one of the few songs off the British Lion debut album I liked!

Last edited:
Much as this makes me happy it also makes me think no Maiden album for a long time. Bruce hinted at his solo album next year or year after too.

Much as this makes me happy it also makes me think no Maiden album for a long time. Bruce hinted at his solo album next year or year after too.
A new Maiden album will be out in 2020. Here's why:
1. Band members and producer spotted in France. They don't live in driving distance so they must be recording something. Likely a new album, because overdubs and edits to live material do not require every band member to be at the same studio.
2. Bruce is either happily married or he isn't. Who knows? The important thing is it has nothing to do with a new album.
3. It's 2020 and 40 years since their debut. It's an important anniversary year and nothing better to celebrate than with both a new album, and a new history DVD/Blu Ray.
4. With the exception of being wrong, I'm pretty much right all the time.

A British lion album being released "early" next year won't have any baring on future maiden plans not as tho they are expecting a British lion album to sell well or need a heap of promotional work. It will probably drop before legacy leg 3 and be done with it. No reason to suggest it will delay a maiden album.

If Steve decides to tour with british lion after the tour next year again that's still no reason why a maiden album can't drop during that time as the tour won't start till 2021 anyway .

I'm thinking more along the lines that BL and PRR have been useful to keep interest going in all things Maiden when things have been a bit quiet in the Maiden camp.

For some reason, I can't help but think that it must kind of suck to be a band member in British Lion? :bigsmile: I understand that they are in the band because of Steve but they're also pretty much 100% reliant on him and have to wait on him for whatever decision. So he leaves a few years to tour the world and then comes back and says he got time for them now, but only for a month or two :D They can't plan or do anything unless Steve says it's a go or whenever he has free calendar time...Must suck if you're a band member who want to push forward, or you have a good idea, or want to do some more shows. I guess they've just accepted that though. I'm sure they fill out their time doing other things when Steve doesn't have time for them :lol:

Last edited:
For some reason, I can't help but think that it must kind of suck to be a band member in British Lion? :bigsmile: I understand that they are in the band because of Steve but they're also pretty much 100% reliant on him and have to wait on him for whatever decision. So he leaves a few years to tour the world and then comes back and says he got time for them now, but only for a month or two :D They can't plan or do anything unless Steve says it's a go or whenever he has free calendar time...Must suck if you're a band member who want to push forward, or you have a good idea, or want to do some more shows. I guess they've just accepted that though. I'm sure they fill out their time doing other things when Steve doesn't have time for them :lol:
Another way to look at it is these are just regular dudes going through life and doing their day to day jobs and such, and every once in a while, they get to write music and play gigs with STEVE HARRIS OF IRON MAIDEN. From that angle it's not too bad a gig.

Back