Steve Harris

Boy are you defensive. BL is really crap if you don't approach it from "this is just a garage band" who happen to be mates with Steve Harris. Doesn't say a thing about Harris, tho.

Hard monday at work ? You needed to relieve the pressure, didn't you ? Do you feel better ? I should try this one in a while: just choose a page where people talk about something they appreciate and spit my bitter feelings.

!Just my personal opinion for this band, and it seems a lot people thinks the same.

Steve is the best bassist and I think he is the best songwriter for all time.

Hard monday at work ? You needed to relieve the pressure, didn't you ? Do you feel better ? I should try this one in a while: just choose a page where people talk about something they appreciate and spit my bitter feelings.
Fuckin nice reply there, buddy. Thumps up.

Fuckin nice reply there, buddy. Thumps up.

This is far far away from a nice reply !!! :down: Everyone is entitled to an opinion - don't forget that! Also as @Zare has said (thank you, mate), I have not said and I never will say a bad thing for Steve - he is a legend and I love him and Maiden. You can see what is my opinion for Steve in my post above. Some people should read slowly first and think carefully before they reply to someone.

I'm listening to this at the moment, and the most interesting thing so far I heard was that Jericho mentioned that TXF was one of his favorite albums ever. :okok:
I was just watching the 2014 Metal Hammer “Best UK Band” award he presented for Iron Maiden and he said he loved it on there too. Definitely wanna listen to this podcast soon!

Has anyone else heard that podcast yet? Did Steve actually say that it was Rod who put the LOTB setlist together?

Has anyone else heard that podcast yet? Did Steve actually say that it was Rod who put the LOTB setlist together?

I have not listened to it yet, but Steve has said previously (several times) that Bruce did put the LOTB setlist together...

That's what he actually said here: he'd thought it was Bruce, but it turned out it was (Rod). That's why I wasn't sure if I heard correctly.

That's what he actually said here: he'd thought it was Bruce, but it turned out it was (Rod). That's why I wasn't sure if I heard correctly.

Interesting. Thanks.

Funnily enough, I have been told that at the Drum One event in Manchester hosted by Al Murray, Nicko mentioned that it was his idea and Bruce's to play 'Where Eagles Dare' on the LOTB tour.

I'm listening to this at the moment, and the most interesting thing so far I heard was that Jericho mentioned that TXF was one of his favorite albums ever. :okok:
I remember Jericho mentioning this on Twitter once when a fan asked him what was the most underrated album of all time. He's a legit metalhead.

I have now listened to that bit (52 minutes into the podcast).

What Steve says is that Rod was miffed with Steve when he heard him say that Bruce had put the setlist together. Steve says that he thought Bruce had put it together and then he fine tuned it a bit, but that Rod was a bit miffed with him because he (i.e. Rod) reckons it was him (i.e. Rod)! :lol:

On the latest issue of the Planet Rock magazine Steve mentions that the idea of structuring the set into three separate worlds was Rod's, but does not explicitly say the choice of songs was made by Rod.

I have now listened to that bit (52 minutes into the podcast).

What Steve says is that Rod was miffed with Steve when he heard him say that Bruce had put the setlist together. Steve says that he thought Bruce had put it together and then he fine tuned it a bit, but that Rod was a bit miffed with him because he (i.e. Rod) reckons it was him (i.e. Rod)! :lol:

The real interesting thing is that Steve is taking such a backseat role that he doesn't even know who put the set together.

Back