Steve Harris

Maybe British Lion recorded in Paris. Just a thought.

No, Barnyard Studios and recorded with Tony Newton, just like the first album, according to their website.

Also Steve's first independent release since The Soundhouse Tapes - Explorer 1 Music is distributing the record this time.
The first album on the other hand was a major label release on Parlophone and mixed by Kevin Shirley.

“Lightning” is obviously a creation of Steve Harris, and the singer has some good and also some bad moments here. I like the song more than “Spit Fire” though, the melodies are pretty nice.

This is neither a new Iron Maiden album, an Iron Maiden live album or Bruce Dickinson's solo album. It is something at least, even if it turns out to be outrageously mediocre. The first album was fairly pleasant, if bland, Rock Music. I expect the new album to be in the same vein.

It is not that difficult. I have just farted and managed to drop one that was better produced than the first British Lion album...

Obviously, but the point was that I was expecting the production to be as bad as the first album, given the location and the production team.

This is neither a new Iron Maiden album, an Iron Maiden live album or Bruce Dickinson's solo album. It is something at least, even if it turns out to be outrageously mediocre. The first album was fairly pleasant, if bland, Rock Music. I expect the new album to be in the same vein.

I think the two songs I've heard so far off it sound more like Maiden songs than anything on the first album. I don't think that's necessarily a good thing. If Steve is writing songs in the vein of Maiden, surely it would be better to have them played by the better musicians from Maiden.

Hopefully there's more melodic rock stuff like Chosen Ones, A World Without Heaven or Eyes of the Young on the record.

I've had a listen to Lightning, and while it does sound, to me, better than what was on offer with the first album, I can't say it has got me excited for the release of the album. Might be worth checking out on Spotify when it is released, but not sure I'll want to part my hard earned cash on a physical copy.

I'm not to big on British Lion, but I think I'm gonna go see them in January. Besides, Maiden never come to Memphis, so this'll have to do.

Bought tickets to go see them in January in Dallas ... I thought the first album was kind of ...ehhh ... some good moments, but nothing really grabbed me. That said, looking forward to seeing them live. Have not seen Steve play anywhere small since the Blaze tours in the US, nor have I seen a side project since the Chemical Wedding tour ... should be fun and the venue they are playing here has some good sound

I prefer 'mellow' to 'mediocre'. It's well written stuff, just not edgy in any shape or form.

Back