Short-answer questions

Yeah they added text to the grave as well. I agree it's the CGI that changed the tone completely. The original isn't great to begin with but it's way better than the new version.

Touching the iconic debut cover was sacrilege. Maybe the worst thing Maiden ever did??
Plus the grass is replaced by bones, as seen in this bigger picture
40-2.jpg

On which album/show Steve used this guitar? I never have seen this model before.

Attachments

• s-l1000.jpg
    s-l1000.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 38
To answer that question somewhat seriously, Steve is wearing the same outfit in this interview from '85. Doesn't say much, but the bass could have been used during the Somewhere in Time recording.

Last edited:
No wonder it is difficult to understand (even for a native speaker like myself): the first word of the sentence is missing! ;) (if you compare your CD -or is it just mine?- and the original below)
" Merci pour l'album d'or et *platinum [he shoud say "de platine"] au Canada... et *pour le moment ["maintenant" would fit better in the context] une chanson un peu ancienne... pour vous, vous êtes... vous êtes 'Children of the Damned'"

A great example of clumsy editing done by someone who probably only speaks English! I bet the mixing sessions went a bit like this:

Steve: "Tony, that mix sounds great. Let's cut this bit at the beginning when Bruce speaks as it is not really needed"
Tony: "OK. What does he say?"
Steve: "Dunno"
Tony: "Neither do I"

On which album/show Steve used this guitar? I never have seen this model before.

Albums? None. All IM albums except Piece Of Mind were recorded with the '71 Precision. Piece Of Mind was the Ibanez Roadster.

Shows? AFAIK, none.

I didn't mean that it was the worst looking picture. I meant it was the worst thing/act that Maiden ever did.

If Steve Harris drowned a bag of puppies tomorrow, it probably wouldn't be as bad as sanctioning messing with the debut album cover.

I also don't buy their excuse that they couldn't find the original image of good enough quality. It was for a CD release remember, the EMI 1997 release of the debut album has a perfect cover and that was for an LP.

I think they changed things because they wanted to upgrade the mark like cutting the logo, but in all remasters ALL, there are wrong things…you can see photos from Seventh Son in Piece of Mind remasters…things like that. I don't know if Steve approve this or Rod…but the fans don't like this.

The new CD issues are much better, all the pictures are from the correct era, and the same fonts etc. were used as on the original releases.

To answer that question somewhat seriously, Steve is wearing the same outfit in this interview from '85. Doesn't say much, but the bass could have been used during the Somewhere in Time recording.

Is that a Brazilian football clubs shirt? The logo looks familiar. It could be a QPR away shirt from the 80's as well, although I can't imagine Steve wearing that!

EDIT: Yeah I think it must be a Flamengo shirt, here's a recent one that looks very similar

CR_Flamengo_Home_Jersey_Black_CZ2321_01_laydown.jpg

Last edited:
Is that a Brazilian football clubs shirt? The logo looks familiar. It could be a QPR away shirt from the 80's as well, although I can't imagine Steve wearing that!

EDIT: Yeah I think it must be a Flamengo shirt, here's a recent one that looks very similar

CR_Flamengo_Home_Jersey_Black_CZ2321_01_laydown.jpg

Yes, Steve was wearing a Flamengo's shirt.

Yeah, I know. I was makin the point that I think VXI, art and music, is worse than fuckin with the debut art. Only just, though.

Ah, It's a bad album, definitely the worst and features the worst song (DLTTEOAS) and a few more in the bottom ten of all time. But there's nothing specifically wrong with them releasing it. They went in and recorded an album, gave everything they had at the time, and it was just shit. I'm talking about morals or lack there of.

Back