Short-answer questions

srfc

Ancient Mariner
I'd say someone somewhere confused the Can I Play with Madness video with Alexander and then every site that mentions it is just copying their mistake.

Luisma

Years Wasted
I'd say someone somewhere confused the Can I Play with Madness video with Alexander and then every site that mentions it is just copying their mistake.
Yeah, could be it. I just hate when sites just repeat info without checking things like we reserachers do

The_7th_one

Ancient Mariner
As you know there some messages in the Powerslave album cover like 'Indy was here'.
Ok. There was a 4th Indiana Jones movie and the environment was the Mayan culture. Anyone could tell me if the Book of souls album booklet features something like 'Indy was also here' ? It's just a stupid curiosity. Thanks in advance!

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
I have no doubt it's the same guy. But the diction is completely different in this recording. Listen to the way he pronounces "one after one". I don't think you could doctor it to that effect either today or in 1984. It must be a different recording.
And the answer to this question can be found here:

Go to 16:36 in the video to get the answer and nope, it was not Richard Burton.

Luisma

Years Wasted
And the answer to this question can be found here:

Go to 16:36 in the video to get the answer and nope, it was not Richard Burton.
There's no way it isn't Richard Burton, but hey... Everyone is entitled to believe what they want to... Like Charlotte was written by Dave Murray :D

Luisma

Years Wasted
Yeah Steve's memory is gone to pot, it clearly is the Richard Burton recording.
It is curious that they didn't credit him in the album so maybe it's got to do something with copyright or something but to say is not Richard is too much

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
There's no way it isn't Richard Burton, but hey... Everyone is entitled to believe what they want to... Like Charlotte was written by Dave Murray :D
Who are you to disagree with Steve Harris??? :D

If Steve says it is not Richard Burton, it is not him. If Steve says Dave wrote Charlotte the Harlot, then that’s what happened! ;)

If it is indeed Richard Burton (it does certainly sound a lot like him), perhaps Steve is not willing to acknowledge it so he does not have to share any money with whomever inherited Burton’s estate. It is not the first time someone is not credited by Steve, is it?

Luisma

Years Wasted
Who are you to disagree with Steve Harris??? :D

If Steve says it is not Richard Burton, it is not him. If Steve says Dave wrote Charlotte the Harlot, then that’s what happened! ;)

If it is indeed Richard Burton (it does certainly sound a lot like him), perhaps Steve is not willing to acknowledge it so he does not have to share any money with whomever inherited Burton’s estate. It is not the first time someone is not credited by Steve, is it?
:D ;) Indeed, it is not the first time for whatever reasons... Hopefully this doesn't end in a certain lawyer who shall not be mentioned, contacting whoever inherited Burton's estate, and ending up not playing Rime again because of a law suit

Zare

Automaton Sovietico
Nobody is mentioning that Burton himself might've asked not to be credited due to his contractual obligations against some 3rd party.
If you want example, well Dickinson was in the same situation in 1982.

srfc

Ancient Mariner
You could be right and it could be Steve telling a blatant lie for business reasons, but I'd be inclined to think he's just remembering a different event and confusing it with Rime, he mentions trying to get Ralph Richardson in the text from that video, in Luisma's book it says this about a voiceover that had been intended for To Tame A Land, "I was gutted, we had a spoken intro on it as well by a guy who sounded like Ralph Richardson".

So I think Steve has just fucked up there, like when Bruce says 2 Minutes to Midnight is from 1982 or Nicko says he thinks they played Alexander live.

Perun

Dominus et deus
Staff member
I moved all the SIT talk to a new thread: