Short-answer questions

Without any reason to back it up. It's not like we don't know what his voice sounds like.

In Flight 666 looks that he is Bruce who is narrating the passage live. At least for me is a little bit different from the album

It may be a stupid question, but...

Who are Pauline and Janice who Dave thanks in CDs' liner notes? I have always assumed that they were his sisters or at least his mother and sister, but I have found no proofs.

Can you give us a photo of the credit or tell us which CD issue it is that you have? Nobody seems to have been able to verify this.

I have a lot of scans of the booklets of SIT and not one of them have Graham Chapman being credited for this. I even saw a Brazilian Maiden site saying this and I have ask them to provide proof (they didn't) so I still don't believe it.

According to my research it was Bruce who read the part and is him with an effect on the mike.

"After directing Donald Sutherland and Kate Bush in 'Cloudbusting', Julian was asked to come up with ideas for 'Can I Play With Madness'. He managed to engage Graham Chapman to perform in the video." - What Does This Button Do?

Now, I would like you all to think about this. If Rod or the band have already contacted Graham in the past, why would they need Julian to contact him? Couldn't they ask him themselves? Also, if Bruce or someone from the band had already met with Graham, wouldn't Bruce comment on the fact in the book, especially in this part? I mean, he could easily comment something like, "Julian contacted Graham Chapman, who we (the band, Rod, Martin, me) had previously met during the recording of SIT"

The fact is that Graham Chapman didn't do the voice in Alexander.

P.D. I think I heard or read somewhere that no one in the band even met Chapman, because the day they were filming the video (Can I Play With Madness) they were all doing something else... Nobody remembers this?

"I don´t know where Iron Maiden got me from. It was either through that video or Monty Python, because they are Monty Python fans. But somebody got in touch with me and asked if I'd do their video for 'Can I Play With Madness'. I decided to do another story and got Monty Python's Graham Chapman in, and that was great for them, because they were such big Monty Python fans. We did a story without them in it..." Julian Doyle

This proves, once again that the Graham Chapman/Maiden connection was thru Julian, so once again I say that whoever says that Mr. Chapman did the voice in the intro of Alexander is either lying or has a very, very active imagination, 'cause the voice was made by Bruce...

Back