Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

So, if the situation ain't getting better in the coming months, do you thing this could evolve like this:
All the 2022 dates will be postponed and then the tour will be turned into new album tour (instead of Legacy Of The Beast) and more dates will be added.

They have 3 months to decide what to do before rehearsals in April. I think they will have to cancel the first part of the tour at least. But I'm sure they are working in other options.
If they have to cancel the tour I hope they go to Paris or Bahamas and make another album

So, if the situation ain't getting better in the coming months, do you thing this could evolve like this:
All the 2022 dates will be postponed and then the tour will be turned into new album tour (instead of Legacy Of The Beast) and more dates will be added.

It is difficult to predict, especially for the European shows. Would countries demand full vaccination to enter? Would a period of self-isolation be required? Either option would probably result in the whole tour (or parts of it, depending on how viable it would be to travel around Europe then) being postponed. To be brutally honest, I do not see Maiden cancelling the LOTB cash cow, just postponing it.

Imo their tour itinerary (especially in America) was made to withstand covid restrictions. They’re going to be playing several places where there probably won’t be any sort of vaccine mandate or quarantining required. If the omicron wave is as fast as a lot of medical professionals have predicted, not to mention if the virus mutates into something less dangerous, this will be a non issue by the time the tour kicks off.

The tour to watch is Bruce’s USA tour. So far it doesn’t appear to be canceled and that one is scheduled for much sooner.

There’s a lot we don’t know and at this stage I am certain that any tour plans within the next year have been routed with proper preparations for covid spikes.

I received SENJUTSU CD at last, after about 3 months I had it ordered . I went through the beautiful artwork & booklet (maybe the most elegant ever) and noticed something funny: ART DIRECTION / DESIGN BY STEVE HARRIS ...

Could that be related to Mark quitting? I suspect so.
Having said that, I absolutely love the artwork but I wonder if this level of control is healthy.
Also I wonder what would could be next. H's solos co-conceiver, co-drummer, Flight 666 co-pilot, it's kind of joke but you get the idea.

IMG_5184.jpeg

I went through the beautiful artwork & booklet (maybe the most elegant ever) and noticed something funny: ART DIRECTION / DESIGN BY STEVE HARRIS ...

Could that be related to Mark quitting? I suspect so.
I think for every album cover the band (mainly Steve and Rod, I guess) has the last word and whether or not they would like to make some changes to it (which was something Derek was not a fan of. Btw, there were a lot of changes to TFF cover, iirc). It's normal since this is their album and they paid the artist to make the cover they want, but an artist likes to have freedom, I guess. The idea of the album cover was Steve's, but in an interview with Mark, he said that Steve only sent him the title and a few pages of reference pictures collaged together - it was up to him to interpret it. It's sad, because he is a fantastic artist.

Edit: the booklet is indeed the best one they've ever had.

Last edited:
I was wondering... which of the 4 epics would have been included in the album if Steve had continued with the routine of one (entirely written by him) epic per album since the reunion? ''Hell On Earth'' or ''The Parchment'' imo - the former is a classic Maiden epic with a unique and fantastic calm middle part, while the latter is also a unique song without chorus and with six solos.

As for the other two songs, ''Death Of The Celts'' has a similar vibe like in Clansman and ''Lost In A Lost World'', if we exclude the intro, is a standard Steve's epic, so I think he would have wanted something more challenging.

Back