Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Fantano is not a bad reviewer per se, I just find his opinions super boring. They align super closely with that of the jaded music lover and general public opinion that I find his reviews offer zero insight into an album.
It could also be because he gave BoS like a 6/10 and I adore that album. In that case the issue is me, not him.

I don't think anyone should be reviewing Maiden albums at this point except fans of all Maiden eras. Call me a little closed minded but I find the majority of opinions on this forum hold much more water than some YouTuber who reviews everything. Sure, there a couple of exceptions but for the most part, they're pointless. All I had to hear from this Fantano guy was say Bruce doesn't sound good which is nonsense. He's actually the best thing going on in Stratego.

I’m so badly hoping NA gets a tour with the full album! And that tells me there’s a good chance more than 6 songs could get played on the regular shows.
Well Rock In Rio next September wont be a full album show obviously, so I would assume any NA shows around that time will have the same set more than likely.

They haven't come to India in a decade, and I think Bruce got stomach problems the last time he visited. He should have known better than to eat an airport sausage.

Hahhahah brother. The best shot we have is Dubai. That’s the closest we’ll ever get to attending a Maiden concert. However a couple of guys and I met Bruce back in 2015 when he had come here as a speaker.

They haven't come to India in a decade, and I think Bruce got stomach problems the last time he visited. He should have known better than to eat an airport sausage.
I watched them in Singapore back in 2011. Remember taking the metro rail back to the hotel past midnight and the whole train was full of maiden fans

Was it common knowledge that Bruce had his hip replaced last October? This interview here is the very first time I'm hearing (reading) that.
Is that sarcasm?

Every single interview I've watched with him over the last six months, he goes on about "five and a half inches of titanium" he's had hammered into his leg.

Last edited:
Was this already posted here earlier:
Some curious bits:

''With a lot of the songs on the album, there's some quite surprising moments like big, layered vocals and softly spoken vocals and things like that, quite proggy. The title track, "Senjutsu" — I mean as soon as I heard that, I was like, "Oh wow, this is going to be different!" To me, it's a great way to open a show. What I like about the song is the drama, and that it has some restraint in the dynamics, which to me makes it more dramatic. And there's some fabulous little vocal pieces in there as well that just give me goosebumps''.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
''We spent a few weeks doing backing tracks, and of course that also involved the writing process, which tended to be Steve taking a couple of bits from somebody else, like Adrian and Janick, and then he'd just go off and lock himself in his lair for two, three, four or five days. And then he'd come out and go, "Oh, I think I've got one!" and it would be one of these nine-, 10- or 11-minute things''.

''I mean, when Steve writes a song, he writes the lot; whereas obviously if my name's on the song, then I wrote the lyrics. But I also tend to write melodies and sometimes guitar parts, although with Adrian you really don't have to bother writing guitar part, because he's quite good at that''.

I think most of the band got sick as far I know. That's according to the documentary. It's not uncommon for us Europeans and our sensitive stomachs to get ill in the subcontinent.

Anyway that's not the reason they haven't come back. More than likely it's logistics. They'd need another Ed-Force One to bring the full tour out to those distances and Bruce recently said that Ed-Force One is history.

They haven’t come to India cause we cannot afford them. They charge a bomb to play here. And that’s why I doubt they’ll come here again (I hope I’m wrong).

Back