Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Man I really dig these two new singles. I was underwhelmed with El Dorado and Speed of Light when they were released. Not this time. Listened to Stratego on the ride into work. It just pops. I love it.

agreed man. Twotw is prolly my favorite first single since wicker man. Benjamin was okay. Speed and dorado too commercial. Wildest dreams was cheesy

Still doesn’t undermine me being a fan
I don't care about the extent of your fan-ness. This isn't something I'm interested in or measure. I just found it strange that you see yourself as a superfan and this is obviously something important to you, but at the same time you have no issues grasping a morally questionable opportunity that (in my opinion) goes against one's integrity. It doesn't matter that much in the end, this is a useless conversation anyway, as neither will be able to get the other one's position.

I don't care about the extent of your fan-ness. This isn't something I'm interested in or measure. I just found it strange that you see yourself as a superfan and this is obviously something important to you, but at the same time you have no issues grasping a morally questionable opportunity that (in my opinion) goes against one's integrity. It doesn't matter that much in the end, this is a useless conversation anyway, as neither will be able to get the other one's position.
We won’t. And I told you yesterday that you misunderstood me and I never took a shot at you. But that’s how you wanna interpret it and there’s not a lot I can do there. Cheers.

The most interesting bits:

It was Adrian's idea TWOTW to be the lead single.

Bruce thinks ''The Time Machine'' is a great song with an amazing middle part (''Maiden fans will love it'').

He also thinks TWOTW is a different type of song for Maiden (more mainstream, classic rock).

His favorite Steve songs from the album are ''Hell On Earth'' and ''The Parchment'' (he is surprised because the song has a lot of repetition). He also mentioned the title track as one of his favorites.

He has crazy stage show ideas for Senjutsu Tour. :ok:

Last edited:
The most interesting bits:

It was Steve's idea TWOTW to be the lead single.

Bruce thinks ''The Time Machine'' is a great song with an amazing middle part (''Maiden fans will love it'').

His favorite Steve songs from the album are ''Hell On Earth'' and ''The Parchment'' (he is surprised because the song has a lot of repetition). He also mentioned the title track as one of his favorites.

He has crazy stage show ideas for Senjutsu Tour. :ok:
But his ideas cost a lot of money

I feel for the mods here. If/when Senjutsu leaks they're going to be playing whack-a-mole with the delete button/ban hammer.

giphy.gif

The galloping rhythm section of Stratego is quite similar to Out of the silent planet.
Funny you should say that! Due to work, I haven't had the time to listen to Stratego much today, like I did yesterday, but every time it enters my mind, my brain blends it together with Silent Planet just before the chorus.

On repeated listens, I have started to pay more attention to the drum pattern. At first, it sounds quite straightforward but Nicko plays it rather intricately in segments that loops and makes a nice touch.

Note that a lot of people are not that fond of the verse. I quite like it, in fact I think it’s one of the best parts of the song. And then the release of the last part of the chorus - damn good! Shame it only comes once, but good to hear that there’s little to none of repetition.

Back