Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I think RIR will be part of the Senjutsu World Tour as well, but I'm curious about the timing. It's just a little over a month after the last LOTB concert, would they be bold enough to open the tour with a gigantic gig with a worldwide live stream? I do think it's possible but kinda unusual since they usually like to start tours warming up on smaller venues (Sunrise, FL instantly comes to mind, as well as Tallinn in 2018).

I do think he nailed it with the solo. I do hear that his solos are pretty much similar to his past stuff but it actually synchs in well with the mood and melody of the track. It is a bit of a dark song and I think his solos actually fit these dark mood songs well. His solo sounds very similar to that of ghost of the navigator.
Maybe his best solo since Montsegur.

I like two things:
1) how different this songs are
2) how well (for me) their work one after another

Janick may be a one trick pony but he is super good at it. TBH at this moment Janick in my mind is an anchor that keeps 80s Maiden alive.

Ok, I like both songs. IMO they do not have a clear direction with the mix/production they want to follow. IT might as well have to do with my speakers/headphones. However I never had sound deviations in songs from the same album before! Oh well, it is wat it is!

Last edited:
Maiden to play in Rock in Rio, September 2.
This means we will get a pro-shot live stream from the album tour. Or at least a few songs. :clap:

RIR 2022 will be part of the album tour, because I don't think they will play RIR again with the LOTB set - and LOTB tour next year ends in July (if no more dates are added). Plus, I think they want to finish the LOTB cycle as soon as possible.

I said previously that TWOTW probably was mixed a bit softer to fit the song. Given the sound on Stratego, it seems that I was right. If I were to speculate I think the rest of the album will be more in line with Stratego sound wise.

I’ve been spinning Stratego about 10 times now and I really like what I hear. This is by far the strongest pre-album release tracks since at least 2006. I hear a mix of Rainmaker, Talisman and Judas be my guide - me like :)

I said previously that TWOTW probably was mixed a bit softer to fit the song. Given the sound on Stratego, it seems that I was right. If I were to speculate I think the rest of the album will be more in line with Stratego sound wise.

I’ve been spinning Stratego about 10 times now and I really like what I hear. This is by far the strongest pre-album release tracks since at least 2006. I hear a mix of Rainmaker, Talisman and Judas be my guide - me like :)

The song is quite cool. I do not think that the mix does it any favors! the production sound is too close to BNW for my liking!

The song is quite cool. I do not think that the mix does it any favors! the production sound is too close to BNW for my liking!
It does sound better than TFF and TBOS to my ears, but might lack a bit of clarity especially in the vocal region. It’s really system sensitive so playing it on a good system lifts it compared to lossy formats through a phone and earbuds.

It does sound better than TFF and TBOS to my ears, but might lack a bit of clarity especially in the vocal region. It’s really system sensitive so playing it on a good system lifts it compared to lossy formats through a phone and earbuds.
In all seriousness though, this kond of problem happens just with the specific albums done by Steve and Kevin. Strange!

In all seriousness though, this kond of problem happens just with the specific albums done by Steve and Kevin. Strange!
True to some extent. AMOLAD and BNW usually sounds consistent over platforms and systems.
The old stuff is cleaner and that might be due to the fact that it’s not a “live” recording and they wanted a cleaner and more polished sound back the. Artistic freedom and so on… :)
NPFTD is a bit mushy and loose around the edges. Sounds almost like an ELO production.
All in all, it’s a matter of taste to some degree and they seem to like the analog and live sound so that’s what we’ll get now for better or worse.

Reactions: Gk1
Back