Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

True to some extent. AMOLAD and BNW usually sounds consistent over platforms and systems.
The old stuff is cleaner and that might be due to the fact that it’s not a “live” recording and they wanted a cleaner and more polished sound back the. Artistic freedom and so on… :)
NPFTD is a bit mushy and loose around the edges. Sounds almost like an ELO production.
All in all, it’s a matter of taste to some degree and they seem to like the analog and live sound so that’s what we’ll get now for better or worse.
I don't know mate. Not being able to hear the lyrics and or guitars is a quite objective view!!! :)

I don't know mate. Not being able to hear the lyrics and or guitars is a quite objective view!!! :)
Regarding hearing lyrics, that’s been an issue since 2006 TBH and I believe it’s more due to the fact that Bruce smears the consonants when singing in the upper register as I’ve said before. A lot of singers do that and especially when they come of age to get to the top register without thrashing their voice. LaBrie has done it for ages and he barely makes out the consonants at all when up in the high register. However, the vocal clarity is an issue, I fully agree. The guitars have been more or less crackly and undefined since BNW if I’m gonna be really critical and Maiden have never had a “wall of sound” guitar sound on any album if I’m honest and I don’t think that would suit either. A bit more clarity and more sharpness around the edges would be appreciated though.

Any of you cats have any links to album reviews? I only found Bravewords and some shite song-by-song thing on Loudwire.

They've been compiled here.

I can wait. This album seems too good to be spoiled by third-grade quality rip.

doubt it’ll be bad quality. If it’s anything close to stratego then it’s okay

So you claim you are a superfan, with a passion for Iron Maiden beyond words, but you can't respect the band enough to hear the album the way they had intended it to be heard. Okay.

So you claim you are a superfan, with a passion for Iron Maiden beyond words, but you can't respect the band enough to hear the album the way they had intended it to be heard. Okay.
So would it count if I told you ill Still be ordering 2 copies of Senjutsu. Also longing to hear an album prior to its release doesn’t make anyone a lesser fan lol.

Because of how much I love Stratego, I've gone and pre-ordered the Senjutsu Vinyl copy in addition to the 2CD digipak I already had on order.

Man I really dig these two new singles. I was underwhelmed with El Dorado and Speed of Light when they were released. Not this time. Listened to Stratego on the ride into work. It just pops. I love it.

Back