Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Don't really care if it's very bad or very good. Just something new from my favorite band. TBOS is at the bottom of my top 10, but still listened the hell out of it

Are we referring to Rising or Bent Out of Shape here? That makes a lot of difference. :D
dont know how to translate it. german can be kind of cruel sometimes. so basically the sentence goes as following :

While Senjutsu was colored in a decent oriental-arabic flair, the Rainbow-Drama (a referance within the maiden camp would be Fear is the key) can't be overheard in The Parchment.

if that makes any sense, this is word for word

Had some time to read the Bruce interview. Perun already posted the most relevant parts. Found it quite of interesting what he had to say about WOTW.

"Sure, it's not a gigantic maiden song like TNOTB. But in terms of the Chorus, it's not miles away from RTTH either. Straight forward Hard Rock song with a great groove. Bigges trump card on the album is nickos playing. he's the key for the record"

dont know how to translate it. german can be kind of cruel sometimes. so basically the sentence goes as following :

While Senjutsu was colored in a decent oriental-arabic flair, the Rainbow-Drama (a referance within the maiden camp would be Fear is the key) can't be overheard in The Parchment.

In this case, this might be a reference to "Gates of Babylon" or "Stargazer" (depending on the tempo). Which bodes very well in my opinion. :)

Big thanks for the translation by the way. :) I'll try to do the same when the French Rock Hard is released.

The melodic harmonies in ''Fear Is The Key'' are good imo.

Oriental-arabic flair in the title track can't be bad.
Bigges trump card on the album is nickos playing. He's the key for the record.
That's great.

What is the theme of the lyrics of ''Stratego''?
The Lyrics:
How do you read a madman’s mind / Teach me the art of war / For I shall bring more than you bargained for” — Surprisingly, the operatic Dickinson is completely laid back singing this part, as if the battle has already been won, or, more likely, perhaps, he sticks to the notion of the “eye of the storm,” which is mentioned in the chorus. It feels like the eye after that swirling storm that was “Senjutsu.”
No references to the best-in-class ‘Stratego’ board game either. At least, not that I could tell. That’s probably a good thing. There’s more history and culture to mine before turning to games intended for children ages 8-15 for lyrical fodder.

Read More: Iron Maiden's 'Senjutsu' - A Superfan's Track-by-Track Review | https://loudwire.com/iron-maiden-se...eview/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Nights everyone, I have go and get some sleep. Hopefully I will hear some new song in my (infinite) dreams. :D
I've seen some Maiden dreams in my life..
I've been at several Maiden gigs in my dreams. Some of those concerts strangely was on my school stage. And I'm 43. I mean, school is long gone and forgotten. Nghtmares, school days calling me/ Nightmares, they won't let me be.

It actually doesn't surprise me if there are songs that have a Blaze-era vibe. In many ways I feel that those two albums with Blaze were the start of what Maiden have sounded like on the last albums. And maybe playing The Clansman and Sign of the Cross got Steve to take even more inspiration from those albums.

Last edited:
Another way of viewing this is that there is something for everyone on this album. Fine by me! Enjoining TWOTW once more!

BTW this is one of the top comments under TWOTW video on youtube. No idea what he means by the covers though. I guess this is total BS!!

1628719669297.png

Last edited:

In this case, this might be a reference to "Gates of Babylon" or "Stargazer" (depending on the tempo). Which bodes very well in my opinion. :)

Big thanks for the translation by the way. :) I'll try to do the same when the French Rock Hard is released.
I guess that they refer to the Dio era, cause he used a lot of drama and storytelling in the lyrics. Just imagine, Maiden being able to create Stargazer part II or blend in a little bit of magic from Gates of Babylon. Again, I could die a happy man. :)

Back