Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Anyways, I am longing already for one more Smith/Dickinson short rocker. With Stratego and Days of Future Past it would be three fast and more accessible songs. :cool:
It is mentioned that Senjutsu and Darkest Hour could have been on Bruce's solo record. Me likey.

These breakdowns gives me much higher expectations than TBOS did back in ‘15. Love the Harris epics from the Blaze era as well and TXF was the first Maiden album I heard (and I still hold that album in my top 5) so I think I’m in for a treat. Combine that with Bruce and H magic and this could be quite stellar. Hope I won’t have to eat my words on the third…

I was thinking a long those lines too. I much prefer the longer tracks on X-Factor than on the more recent albums so if the long epic tracks on this album harkens back to the X-Factor combined with some more up-tempo Bruce solo-ish stuff it's gonna be good.

Shirley did well on the record, but it's no 80's record. But if you wish to bitch and moan about it, listen to the first 7.
If you still want to know what the band is able to do (and thats a ton) , you will have a lot of great hours of music to listen to
Love this bit

Reactions: Oca
These breakdowns gives me much higher expectations than TBOS did back in ‘15. Love the Harris epics from the Blaze era as well and TXF was the first Maiden album I heard (and I still hold that album in my top 5) so I think I’m in for a treat. Combine that with Bruce and H magic and this could be quite stellar. Hope I won’t have to eat my words on the third…
Anyways, I am longing already for one more Smith/Dickinson short rocker. With Stratego and Days of Future Past it would be three fast and more accessible songs. :cool:
It is mentioned that Senjutsu and Darkest Hour could have been on Bruce's solo record. Me likey.
Yep, I also agree and these little reviews and breakdowns really got me hyped and raise my expectations even high (which were high already).
They need those shorter rocking songs on the albums. I got some serious belief that Smith/Dickinson will also work as magic.
And yes, if anything gets mentioned towards Bruce solo-albums that huge plus because Bruce's albums are so god damn good, especially TCW and AOB.
My pants are ready to confront the full album and especially the 4 epic from 'Arry.

I think the Deaf Forever interview will be more interesting, at least if the interviewer is Götz Kühnemund. He's one of those guys who likes to ask unconventional questions and maneuvers the interviewees into a corner every once in a while.
That and he's a fairly straight shooter when it comes to reviewing material. I remember reading an interview with him and Bruce back in 2003 (man, I'm old) right after DoD and he was, not exactly favorable in his review/questions at the time.

I remember a TBOS review saying TRATB was sort of a blend of Rime and DoD, so temper your expectations :D
I believe some reviewers made the comparison to The Angle and the Gambler, or spoke of it as sounding almost like a sequel or something similar. If only we had listened...

>The Time Machine< has a lot going on. Countless Guitar form basically an Orchestra. Some parts of it remind a lot of Dance of Death !
Countless guitar from an orchestra, some parts remind a lot ''Dance Of Death'' - bring it on!
>Darkest Hour< 7 Minutes belong to Dickinson / Smith. Cries of Gulls and the sound of the Sea in the beginning set the tone to a crushing rhythm section with amazing guitar solos. Might even fit on a solo record of Mr. Dickinson.
Cries of gulls and the sound of the sea will be an interesting intro. Crushing rhythm section with amazing solos - can't wait!
>The Parchment< Wait, is this Rainbow? You could mistake the early Stages of the song for it, but in the last quarter of the song, it speeds up and the energy level rises. Solo Battles all along.
Solo battles all along - :rocker:
>Hell on Earth< As fun as The Parchment might be, Hell on Earth feels like absolution and being taken to heavenly gates. Blaze Era vibes all along. Dramatic turn of events and amazing melodies of every member of the band. Enormous! A shining Moment in Maidens Catalog.
This for sure will be one of the best songs in the album (along with DOFP and ''The Time Machine).
Compact songs like > Stratego< greet the listener with old fashioned Maiden. Steady McBrain Beat, galopping Bass by Steve and a Chorus where Bruce and the Lead Guitars work together.
Old fashioned Maiden, galloping bass - I need to listen to this song (and DOFP - rocker which instantly sits in your brain after the first listen), asap.

Last edited:
That and he's a fairly straight shooter when it comes to reviewing material. I remember reading an interview with him and Bruce back in 2003 (man, I'm old) right after DoD and he was, not exactly favorable in his review/questions at the time.

And another one in 2005 concerning TBOS.
Which is funny, Götz is really a nice guy, but he's very opinionated.

>Death of the Celts<. Kind of Blaze era maiden along the likes of Clansman, Sign of the Cross, Fortunes of War and The Educated Fool.
I don't know how to feel about this because I've got two very different feelings about the two bolded songs.

Thanks for the translation, by the way!

No surprises, the album sounds exactly like what I imagined after it was properly announced. I wish that they recorded a different post-reunion style album but what can you do ? Shorter songs, less intros, faster/more dynamic stuff, heavier sound. Oh well.....

Could this really be the last album, or as we don't know, maybe they've been composing and recording stuff that will eventually form the album #18?

No surprises, the album sounds exactly like what I imagined after it was properly announced. I wish that they recorded a different post-reunion style album but what can you do ? Shorter songs, less intros, faster/more dynamic stuff, heavier sound. Oh well.....
Well, I am with you on this one. But if this is what they want to do, what can one do,right? I learned to appreciate parts of songs nowadays. The way they record and arrange things I doubt they would provide a 10/10 song. Yet again we are still here in this form and most of us have been following them for decades. 30 years in my case. Cheers!

Back