Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I forgot something: Bruce states his opinions on the post-reunion albums. He says BNW was fantastic, DOD was more experimental, AMOLAD is first-class and underrated, TFF was 'okay', TBOS was 'good' but Senjutsu is special.
Great to hear. I'm hoping Senjutsu is up there with BNW and AMOLAD. Others are all very good, but a few average moments bogs them down a bit. Oh hope of hopes

Regarding Bruce's ranking of the albums. In the making of for TFF and AMOLAD you could clearly see that he really liked AMOLAD. So him liking Senjutsu can't be bad

I forgot something: Bruce states his opinions on the post-reunion albums. He says BNW was fantastic, DOD was more experimental, AMOLAD is first-class and underrated, TFF was 'okay', TBOS was 'good' but Senjutsu is special.
I kind of agree with Bruce, would just rate TFF quite higher than just 'okay'.

Broke down review number 2of2. He wasn't quite as elaborate.

Review 2 of 2 – Rating 8.5 / 10

According to your own Rules

Some things never change. Maiden announce a new Record and the world is electrified.

82 Minutes of Music, OK. What looks bulky on Paper, is intense the first few listens. Getting into this record requires a bit of work, few tracks stay in your ear the first listening session.

Compact songs like > Stratego< greet the listener with old fashioned Maiden. Steady McBrain Beat, galopping Bass by Steve and a Chorus where Bruce and the Lead Guitars work together.

>Days of future Past< is a straight Rocker which instantly sits in your brain after the first listen.

Vastly different is the beginning of >Senjutsu<. 69 Year old McBrain starts the song with a Taiko drum like pattern. Hypnotic rhythm. A great combination of Smith's melodic aspirations and Harris' strive for atmospheric setting.

Not everyone will like that Harris has written 4 songs by himself and even more won't like the length of those epics, which were normally the ending songs on previous records. But Harris himself never cared about this.

>Lost in a lost World< resembles to some parts of rime or even fear of the dark.

>The Parchment< uses complex-progressive Instrumental parts which he used since the early days in maiden.

And when >Hell on Earth< starts after roughly 2 minutes it becomes one of the highlights on the album with a catchy melody.

Bruce has a powerful performance throughout the whole record. Angry Emotions, Hope and Despair, you name it.

Shirley did well on the record, but it's no 80's record. But if you wish to bitch and moan about it, listen to the first 7.

If you still want to know what the band is able to do (and thats a ton) , you will have a lot of great hours of music to listen to

>Days of future Past< with a play time of 4 minutes is the shortest song on Senjutsu. A typical Smith Guitar sound with a chorus with could also be found on Brave New World. Strong Song !
The chorus of ''Days Of Future Past'' must be really good... I mean, a chorus that can be found on the BNW album!

Overall, from these reviews it seems that the album will use a lot of acoustic guitar and it will have memorable songs/choruses and melodic instrumental sections (Blaze era) - like the instrumental section of TRATB, btw. Everything sounds fantastic, exciting and very promising.

combined rating of those two is 17.5 of 20, good enough for me, although i don't care about their rating compared to mine :p

I think the Deaf Forever interview will be more interesting, at least if the interviewer is Götz Kühnemund. He's one of those guys who likes to ask unconventional questions and maneuvers the interviewees into a corner every once in a while.

Lost in a Lost World has shades of Rime and Fear of the Dark :eek:
I remember a TBOS review saying TRATB was sort of a blend of Rime and DoD, so temper your expectations :D
I got even more excited for the tracks I already was really eager to listen to (Senjutsu, Time Machine, Darkest Hour), but now I got really curious about Hell on Earth, everyone loved that one so far. DOFP as well.

I think the Deaf Forever interview will be more interesting, at least if the interviewer is Götz Kühnemund. He's one of those guys who likes to ask unconventional questions and maneuvers the interviewees into a corner every once in a while.
When it's being published?

These breakdowns gives me much higher expectations than TBOS did back in ‘15. Love the Harris epics from the Blaze era as well and TXF was the first Maiden album I heard (and I still hold that album in my top 5) so I think I’m in for a treat. Combine that with Bruce and H magic and this could be quite stellar. Hope I won’t have to eat my words on the third…

Back