Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Don't want to put a dampener on the hype but they're hardly going to say it's rubbish are they?
Well, I don't ever recall Kevin saying something like this. And I said before, Bruce telling a mate in private that he's "very pleased" about the new album makes me think this isn't just the usual hype a band will do.

Looking forward to Sept 3rd even more if that's possible...

I think the key from Bruce was he seemed thrilled that the album is more varied than the book of souls. Alot of people that just straight out don't like that album always go on it was the same old blueprint and nothing new or different as one of the biggest complaints. Seems Senjutsu will change that typical maiden formula

It's a haiku about haikus as written by the guys who did Game of Thrones TV show.

expectations subverted.

They seem happy and enthusiastic about it - good!
However, Bruce’s comment about “warts and all” is not that encouraging TBH. Hope he means that there’s a bit of improv and stuff rather than mistakes and missed beats.
In a couple of weeks we’ll know, but I do have a strong feeling about this.

Curious what complex means. TBOS, for as sprawling as it was, was musically less complex than the previous two albums (both of which had a lot of odd time signatures and some more complicated harmonic work than what Maiden typically goes for). To hear that coming from Shirley is especially interesting, considering he’s worked with the likes of Rush and Dream Theater. I’m definitely not trying to imply that complicated = better, and they’re definitely not about to pull a Dream Theater, but I would say the one thing I missed about The Book of Souls was that it was a little bit more conventional and less adventurous than its predecessor. Especially since they’re running the clock on Harris epics, I definitely hope to hear a bit more instrumental dynamite.

Back