Russia invades Ukraine

So an unintended consequence of Putins war is that the Germans have decided to increase their defence spending by 100 billion euros. It’s dearly needed as their armed forces are in shambles so thanks again Putin for strengthening NATO.

Not just that. The government also committed itself to keeping NATO's 2% requirement.

Regarding the "negotiations", I'm not even sure what the content of such talks are even supposed to be. It's probably just another attempt of Putin's to perpetuate the lie that this isn't a war of aggression, to make unfulfillable demands of the Ukrainians and then claim that they're the ones being unreasonable because they're not willing to negotiate.

I had thought that frozen ground would be beneficial to tank warfare. But i suspect it’s more complicated than that

Zelensky accepted to have negotiations. Without conditions. Huge. Under present circumstances, this is a very responsible and down to earth attitude.
Putin is being under pressure by his Oligarchs. I hope he doesn’t screw everything with Zelensky, but I won’t hold my breath.

Reactions: Yax
I should buy stock in defense companies that have contracts in Europe. It's about to go wild.

Germany committing to their 2% is huge. Putin has awakened a sleeping giant.

Germany committing to their 2% is huge. Putin has awakened a sleeping giant.

I wouldn't go that far just yet. Germany has to build a military force from the scratch. It's going to take years.

I wouldn't go that far just yet. Germany has to build a military force from the scratch. It's going to take years.
It'll take time to get the people, but Germany has the ability to buy ready-made solutions. Eurofighters, Leopard 2s, etc. Off the shelf stuff. And most importantly, though there has been lost expertise, experts are in strong supply in the alliance.

I think, World is at the point, where decisions must be made regarding Russia and Belarus leaders. It's perfectly clear that both are crazy and needs to be taken down.

Last edited:
The EU is now shipping arms to Ukraine. I wonder if this will create long term support for a European army?

Not just that. The government also committed itself to keeping NATO's 2% requirement.

Regarding the "negotiations", I'm not even sure what the content of such talks are even supposed to be. It's probably just another attempt of Putin's to perpetuate the lie that this isn't a war of aggression, to make unfulfillable demands of the Ukrainians and then claim that they're the ones being unreasonable because they're not willing to negotiate.
I suspect it is an attemtp to buy them time to resupply. The Ukranians should certainly talk with them on the off chance there is a chance to end this, but the west needs to keep pumping in every single weapon and humanitarian supplies they can. I feel some sympathy for the Russian soldiers who I do not think know what the fuck is going on (I am talking about the young front line troops) and now have old ladies telling them they will be fertilizer. That would honestly scare the fuck out of me, I doubt they thought they would run into 40 million plus people who want them dead.

Back