Russia invades Ukraine

More and more it seems that Putin thought he would just walk Ukraine with minor casualties. In reality he is facing hell. He probably also thought, nobody will dare to take measures against him. But most of the world did. Meanwhile he is still selling through media, that this is only an operation in Donbass, while he is having the army almost in Kyiv.

Now, he is facing the anger of Russian people, who are learning what is happening, combining with anger of economy who have been cut off. The only major force which hasn't picked a side (China) is standing aside.

This could only end one way for Vlad and thus he is threatening with nuclear heads.

Obviously the Ukranians, the Ukranian leadership are putting on an inspiring kind of bravery that certainly has moved me and I suspect the vast majority of the world. I would add the Russians that are out there protesting this as well. I am also glad the World is seeing the Russian government for what they are ... not really all that different from previously disgusting regimes.

In a non brave move, my plan for later this week is to pick up a Ukranian flag, drive down to Houston and park my ass outside the Russian consulate

What does this mean?

They will not impose any additional sanctions, they are turning around or what? Second, more recent article reads: "Orban told state television that his government would focus on Hungary's interests and make decisions that "allow us to stay out of this conflict and also that there should not be sanctions for which we have to pay the price in the end, even if we stay out of the conflict".

The headline says he won't oppose EU sanctions, I assume that mean he will accept them and I also guess sanctions made by the EU would be binding for all member states?

What does this mean?

They will not impose any additional sanctions, they are turning around or what? Second, more recent article reads: "Orban told state television that his government would focus on Hungary's interests and make decisions that "allow us to stay out of this conflict and also that there should not be sanctions for which we have to pay the price in the end, even if we stay out of the conflict".
I think it means they are worried about energy from Russia

• Sad
Reactions: Yax
The headline says he won't oppose EU sanctions, I assume that mean he will accept them and I also guess sanctions made by the EU would be binding for all member states?
Yes, but there's one day between them. I'm concerned they'll not be onboard with further EU sanctions and block them. Or he might be talking additional, member state sanctions. This better not be the EU unity cracking.

Kiev is now surrounded, all exits blocked by russian forces. This includes food supply chains.
Ukrainians will get through. They did the same with Kharkiv yesterday (even gained control of the city), but Ukrainian forces prevailed tonight.

Yes, but there's one day between them. I'm concerned they'll not be onboard with further EU sanctions and block them. Or he might be talking additional, member state sanctions. This better not be the EU unity cracking.
Hungary is in NATO, so I guess Orban feels secure enough then on the back of the other member states. Any hungarians here whom can shed some light?

I think that yes, he actually has. It's not just rhetorics. He has gone fucking mad.
He is cornered, and Putin has said many times before, that you should never corner anybody (ironic, since that's what he's doing), because that's when they become the most dangerous.

Guarantees? If they start something like that... There won't be anything left of Russia. Or anything for that matter.

Putin has gone bonkers.

I think they are bluffing. Throwing last Ace card of threat. Putin also has childrens.

Back