Russia invades Ukraine

That's not actually hypocrisy. I understand English may not be the native language here, but it's not automatically "hypocrisy" if you don't like someone's words/actions.
Hypocrisy is from russia's side which invaded and now, through western appeasers begs for negotiations.

What's wrong with you, man???? putin started this war and now he wants to make peace????????????????????????
Nothing is wrong with me. I understand that if you want to end a war, two sides need to agree to end it. It is literally impossible to have peace without Putin/Russia agreeing to it.
I am not saying have peace on Putin's terms - by no means am I saying that. But saying that you need Russia to agree to not fight a war in order for there to not be a war is an actual, logical truth.

Nothing is wrong with me. I understand that if you want to end a war, two sides need to agree to end it. It is literally impossible to have peace without Putin/Russia agreeing to it.
I am not saying have peace on Putin's terms - by no means am I saying that. But saying that you need Russia to agree to not fight a war in order for there to not be a war is an actual, logical truth.
if russia will continue to lose on the battlefield, putin soon will be history.
if putin will use tactical nuke, he will be history even sooner.

Last edited:
Hypocrisy is from russia's side which invaded and now, through western appeasers begs for negotiations.
That's still not hypocrisy. Changing one's behavior, acting inconsistently, even lying isn't hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy consists of preaching one type of behavior for others, while secret engaging in the bad behavior yourself. Hypocrisy is an anti-drug advocate secretly smoking dope at home. Hypocrisy is an IRS agent who cheats on his own taxes. Hypocrisy is a marriage counselor having an affair.

The secrecy of the "forbidden" behavior is crucial. If everything is out in the open, it's not hypocrisy; it's just lying badly. On a national scale, hypocrisy would be engaging in nuclear disarmament talks while secretly building more bombs, or signing climate change treaties while secretly dumping oil in the ocean. Where is the secrecy, the necessary hidden contradiction, in Russia's actions? They openly lie and engage in standard political rhetoric. It's terrible, but it's not hypocrisy (usually).

Also, this is how a peace process starts. It's not appeasement, and using peace treaties to punish belligerents has been shown to not work out in the long run. Hypocrisy is demanding an end to war and then complaining when people move in that direction.

if russia will continue to lose on the battlefield, putin soon will be history.
if putin will use tactical nuke, he will be history even sooner.
But Russia will still exist, and will eventually need to participate in the peace process. Note how Germany and Japan still exist, despite losing a war. They agreed to a peace process.

Even if you force peace on Russia, NATO and UN rules straight up admit Russia has a right to exist. There'd still be a rump Russian state, with whom you would negotiate.

It's an old adage that it takes one to make war, but two to make peace - yet it is very true.

Out of curiosity: do we know who is paying for all the weapons being used in this war? I imagine some people in the arms industry (and associated cronies) are getting richer and richer the longer the conflict lasts… I do not imagine them giving them for free to stop Putin’s invasion (aka “the situation” in Maiden’s parlance).

Well, primarily, it's being funded by western taxpayers. I think some of it is in the form of Lend-Lease, but the vast majority of lethal assistance to Ukraine has been in Soviet-era weapons and gear which is being replaced with modern equipment.

Not all of it, of course. HIMARS for example, is definitely not Soviet-era. And HIMARS is probably incredibly responsible for Ukraine's ability to take ground.

Well the Kerch bridge has been blown up. Looks like Ukrainian special forces operators. Or maybe another careless Russian with a cigarette. Either way it’ll massively increase pressure on Russian troops

The Ukrainians have been ramping up the asymmetrical warfare over the past couple of days - first the assassination attempt on Putin, and now the Kerch bridge. It's an interesting gamble, given that there's been asymmetrical warfare deployed against Ukraine's allies in the past 20 years or so. It's also a predictable outcome when you're fighting a war with a population that mostly speaks your language. Lots of Ukrainians who still remember Russian from their schooldays.

Kasparov is saying very dumb things, then. Not the second half of it, of course. That part's quite true. But you cannot have peace without all parties in a war agreeing to peace.

You miss the whole point. Merkel is putin's agent. Why she does not speak about Ukraine and what russia done there? Why she is so concerned about ruzzia? ruzzia's future is not important. Now is super important to drive ruzzia's army out of Ukraine. Period. ruzzia must be defeated and greatly weakened. Europe's democracy is in great danger.

Back