Russia invades Ukraine

FAZ (Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung) today reported an interesting thing in context with the successful Ukrainian defense of Lyman.
Russians are now starting to get mad and pissed at their troops and their incapability to keep Lyman.

I think that's interesting. Now really everybody against everybody in this rotten country. President against own people, people against their President, troops against their president, people against their troops.

Wonderful.

Maximum of pressure from the outside world to Russia plus a maximum of chaos from the inside of Russia.

FAZ (Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung) today reported an interesting thing in context with the successful Ukrainian defense of Lyman.
Russians are now starting to get mad and pissed at their troops and their incapability to keep Lyman.
It's true, I read today such messages on twitter. russians understood that their army is rotten. but they don't condemn war itself. they condemn stupid comanders.

It's true, I read today such messages on twitter. russians understood that their army is rotten. but they don't condemn war itself. they condemn stupid comanders.

I think a massive problem in Russia is a general misunderstanding of the term of participation: Whenever Russians stand up to participate, they don't do it for any real good or deeper meaning. They never think outside their tiny little personal box, limited by their own four walls of their homes. Their participation always has been reduced to consumption and improvement on a very own personal level. They usually don't even care much about their own neighbours in the same block.

I know pretty much what I am talking about cause I was married for 10 years to a Russian woman and that's why I'm familiar with the mentality of these people rather well. This was between 2001 and 2011. Whenever my ex wife's mother/my mother in law came for a visit here to Germany, she expected the full entertainment program. Consumption, consumption and again consumption. And when finished: Even more consumption.
How many times have I tried at least A BIT of conversation of at least a minimum on topics of social relevance. Impossible.

My impressions about Russians: See no responsibility for ANYTHING at all. If things are going fine: Trying to get out the most of personal advantage from it. If things are going terribly wrong: Blaming others. And this is what they learned for generations now.

I have absolutely not a glimpse of an idea how these people can be made to learn responsibility and pluralism within the global community.

Last edited:
There's one more thing. PROPAGANDA on all tv channels. And it's effective. Many russians do believe that their army fights against those ukrainian nazis. :facepalm:
I have no idea how this country must be waked up. All is bad on so many social levels.

I think a massive problem in Russia is a general misunderstanding of the term of participation: Whenever Russians stand up to participate, they don't do it for any real good or deeper meaning. They never think outside their tiny little personal box, limited by their own four walls of their homes. Their participation always has been reduced to consumption and improvement on a very own personal level. They usually don't even care much about their own neighbours in the same block.

I know pretty much what I am talking about cause I was married for 10 years to a Russian woman and that's why I'm familiar with the mentality of these people rather well. This was between 2001 and 2011. Whenever my ex wife's mother/my mother in law came for a visit here to Germany, she expected the full entertainment program. Consumption, consumption and again consumption. And when finished: Even more consumption.
How many times have I tried at least A BIT of conversation of at least a minimum on topics of social relevance. Impossible.

My impressions about Russians: See no responsibility for ANYTHING at all. If things are going fine: Trying to get out the most of personal advantage from it. If things are going terribly wrong: Blaming others. And this is what they learned for generations now.

I have absolutely not a glimpse of an idea how these people can be made to learn responsibility and pluralism within the global community.
It does look like a pattern through history. A sort of grin and bear it mentality, you can't do anything about the people at the top.

Whether this is a cultural thing, or just the consequence of circumstances, I can't tell.

I used expression 'deep state' not from conspiracy theories perspective. President's office/command will suit you? My English is far from perfect.
I am against far right and far left.
That'd be better with 'president's office/command' than 'deep state.' After sitting through the previous administration's constant accusations of conspiracy theories to cover up its own shortcomings, it makes me flinch a bit seeing that term. ;)

A sort of grin and bear it mentality, you can't do anything about the people at the top.
You nailed it. And there's some sort of consencus/pact. Ordinary people: we let you rule and steal, and you will take care of us. Something like that. When putin announced mobilization, this pact was broken, because ordinary russians now will have to fight. Earlier they watched the war on tv.

Last edited:
There's rumour on Twitter what US will do if ruzzia will use tactical nukes in Ukraine. Former CIA chef said that US would identify and destroy all ruzzian forces in Ukraine and all Black Sea's fleet.

Last edited:
There's rumour on Twitter what US will do if ruzzia will use tactical nukes in Ukraine. Former CIA chef said that US would identify and destroy all ruzzian forces in Ukraine and all Black Sea's fleet.

I’ve heard about targeting the Black Sea Fleet, but not about destroying Russian forces in Ukraine. That would be a monumental task but probably achievable for NATO over a period of time.

Where we go from there though is anyones guess

On the other hand, just yesterday, the ordinary people of Czechia successfully fundraised and bought a tank (yes, a regular new tank) for Ukraine.

Edit: it was cca 30 million Czech crowns, that is almost 1,2 mil. USD and a little bit over 1,2 mil. EUR and it was raised in about a month.

We love our neighbors, what can I say.

Last edited:
The problem is that others, who were more open towards the West in the past (like former president/PM Medvedev), have shown themselves as hard-liners, competing about who can come with the worst threats. Could they possibly make anyone believe they were really against this whole thing?
Those guys are masters of pretence so it's hard to say in which case this particular clown was sincere, if at all. And what they could or couldn't make anyone believe once the top clown is gone is their own problem. They are all certainly up to some hard times in post-putin russia anyway.

I mean, living in the Putin regime for as long as they have must have certainly hardened some hearts, as it did in the time of Stalin. At the end of the day, if you're insufficiently loyal, you get purged. Medvedev was always Putin's puppet, but don't forget something very important: he got demoted by Putin recently. He was told through actions that he wasn't as important to Dear Leader as he was before. When that happens you either fight back or you kiss up. Well, guess which one he's doing.

Watching the reports from Kherson and hoping Ukraine can keep kicking serious butt there.

There now seems to be a lot of reports that Ukraine is rolling in Luhansk, having broken out from their beachhead on the eastern side of the Oskil River. I'm seeing 20-30 km taken today as preliminaries. If that turns out to be true that's two massive drives at once for Ukraine.

There now seems to be a lot of reports that Ukraine is rolling in Luhansk, having broken out from their beachhead on the eastern side of the Oskil River. I'm seeing 20-30 km taken today as preliminaries. If that turns out to be true that's two massive drives at once for Ukraine.

I’m hoping for mass surrenders in Kherson region in the next two weeks. Might be wishful thinking but they have nowhere to retreat to

Back