RUN FOR YOUR LIVES WORLD TOUR (2025/2026)

Main takeaways from the radio interview: (wasn't much tbh):
- They played two songs: Run to the hills and Aces High (this probably means nothing)
- Steve says that Iron Maiden has always been about playing live
- They still haven't decided what songs to play for next year, but "some songs pick themselves"
- Steve says the production will be "very different" from the other tours, but doesn't expand on what this means.
- Playing at West Ham's stadium is special (ofc)...
No new info at all. They want to save the surprises. My take on Steve's answers:

- please no. Hills is probably expected, but Aces will be too much and both won't sound good.
- we know that. I hope this doesn't rule out another album.
- since they still haven't decided what to play, then maybe the poster has no hints? The songs that pick themselves are: Iron Maiden, Trooper, Fear and maybe Number, Hills and Hallowed. I really want that not to mean songs like Running Free, Sanctuary, Wrathchild, even 2 Minutes and Evil at this point, although some are likely. Or most of the 80's songs from the last few tours.
- very different production!? Now I indeed expect surprises in this regard.
- yep.

No new info at all. They want to save the surprises. My take on Steve's answers:

- please no. Hills is probably expected, but Aces will be too much and both won't sound good.
- we know that. I hope this doesn't rule out another album.
- since they still haven't decided what to play, then maybe the poster has no hints? The songs that pick themselves are: Iron Maiden, Trooper, Fear and maybe Number, Hills and Hallowed. I really want that not to mean songs like Running Free, Sanctuary, Wrathchild, even 2 Minutes and Evil at this point, although some are likely. Or most of the 80's songs from the last few tours.
- very different production!? Now I indeed expect surprises in this regard.
- yep.
Phantom of The Opera will 100% be played as they constantly use it in marketing and instagram stories etc.

They want €35 to post me the ticket for Berlin. Bastards. Any Berlinners in the haus?

Edit - never mind. I paid the delivery fee. I thought paper tickets were dead.

Anyway, that's standing for Glasgow and Berlin secured, now to join the melee for Dublin at 12pm. I could have used my presale code but I'm takin the risk in the hope of getting front standing, which wasn't available when I went to use my code earlier in the week.

Last edited:
They want €35 to post me the ticket for Berlin. Bastards. Any Berlinners in the haus?

Edit - never mind. I paid the delivery fee. I thought paper tickets were dead.

Anyway, that's standing for Glasgow and Berlin secured, now to join the melee for Dublin at 12pm. I could have used my presale code but I'm takin the risk in the hope of getting front standing, which wasn't available when I went to use my code earlier in the week.

You might not get the front standing, but you should be alright for a ticket at least

You might not get the front standing, but you should be alright for a ticket at least
Aye this is the thing, Front Standing is in the lap of the gods but there will be some available in the general sale, I'd say.

I assume the front area for Dublin is quite small cos its only €5 difference between front and general admission, it's usually substantially more.

Prague bought. And that's it from me for next year.

Still don't know if I'm gonna drive, fly from Venice or take the train (and lose 2 months of my life thanks to Slovenian Railways).

Speed Of Light has a bunch of tritones and the quiet section in the middle of Sign Of The Cross prominently features them as well. There are other examples too, but Maiden uses them rather sparingly compared to other bands. Most songs are firmly in ionian or aeolian and if they want to invoke a sinister atmosphere they go for phrygian rather than leaning heavily on the tritones.
The guitar break before the tempo change in Alexander, the pre-chorus of Powerslave and the instrumental part of Seventh Son all contain a tritone to some degree.

Aye this is the thing, Front Standing is in the lap of the gods but there will be some available in the general sale, I'd say.

I assume the front area for Dublin is quite small cos its only €5 difference between front and general admission, it's usually substantially more.

In this photo it looks more like it's pretty big and that the back area is sparsely populated,

img-20220609-wa0010.jpg

Speaking of influences have Maiden ever really done a diminished fifth/tritone/evil fifth whatever you wanna call it Iommi kind of riff?

Bands like Metallica use it all the time, 0-6-5-3 kind of guitar riffs. Maiden very rarely have.
Off the top of my head I can think of the interlude between solos in Moonchild (E - B - Bb), of the Wasting Love arpeggio (the second chord is D11/C which includes a C - F# tritone), of Sign of the Cross in the instrumental breakdown before the fast part and of Speed of Light. The solo section in Paschendale includes a tritone modulation: Dave's solo is in E minor, Adrian's in C# minor, Bruce's verse ("Blood is falling like the rain") in G# minor and Janick's solo is in D minor, a tritone jump.
Also in Alexander the Great (break after Adrian's 7/8 solo), the pre-chorus of Powerslave (Dave's part goes E - C - Bb/B/Bb) are other examples (and in the lick at the end of the main riff too, it uses both E and Bb).

Oh, and in The Talisman's main riff too, IIRC the second repetition ends with F - E(b5). Not mentioning Janick's solo.

Adrian also used tritones in his second solo in Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (and the riff under the solos uses tritones too).

But given IM's melodic style is not that easy to throw dissonances around. Metallica's more aggressive riffwriting (especially in the Burton-era) opened to more possibilities.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head I can think of the interlude between solos in Moonchild (E - B - Bb), of the Wasting Love arpeggio (the second chord is D11/C which includes a C - F# tritone), of Sign of the Cross in the instrumental breakdown before the fast part and of Speed of Light. The solo section in Paschendale includes a tritone modulation: Dave's solo is in E minor, Adrian's in C# minor, Bruce's verse ("Blood is falling like the rain") in G# minor and Janick's solo is in D minor, a tritone jump.

Adrian also widely used tritones in his second solo in Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.

Stratego, too? I'm going through memory of Avalon and Starblind, but probably not there.

If it's only €5 difference I'm expecting the front standing to be massive? It's probably gonna be half and half or something.

Back