RUN FOR YOUR LIVES WORLD TOUR (2025/2026)

I paid about 135 Euros for Maiden in Trondheim. It’s a one day festival with a dozen bands, but still I think it was pretty expensive
Im thinking of bying a ticket there. Got tickets for Copenhagen and Stockholm x2, wanted Helsinki but missed it. But yeah the price for that one in Trondheim feels a bit to much

According to their promotion ageny they will play on 30 July in Berlin. Don't really understand why they don't announce it on their Facebook page.

I ended up getting seats for the Glasgow gig. Standing has been a nightmare to secure, I've had a few friends trying and no one managed it despite getting in right at the start of presale.

Ticketmaster have somehow made their usual shite ticketing system even worse and I genuinely think it's deliberate to try and stir you into a frenzy and pay for more expensive hotel packages.

I can't help thinking the cumbersome process is deliberate too. Ticketmaster was fine last time I used it, this time it was like the dial up internet days revisited, but with extra obstacles thrown in. You have a point about over-promoting the hotel packages and VIP options, it does make it look like an easier option to grab a ticket fast that way.

Plus, if the dynamic pricing options are switched on (thank goodness they weren't for Maiden), I think the intense site traffic while everyone is repeatedly going round in circles trying to grab tickets would push the prices up? Definitely puts me off trying to fight for big name tickets in future. Smaller venues and niche band tours are much more laid back, plus the experience tends to have a much better atmosphere.

I can't help thinking the cumbersome process is deliberate too. Ticketmaster was fine last time I used it, this time it was like the dial up internet days revisited, but with extra obstacles thrown in. You have a point about over-promoting the hotel packages and VIP options, it does make it look like an easier option to grab a ticket fast that way.

Plus, if the dynamic pricing options are switched on (thank goodness they weren't for Maiden), I think the intense site traffic while everyone is repeatedly going round in circles trying to grab tickets would push the prices up? Definitely puts me off trying to fight for big name tickets in future. Smaller venues and niche band tours are much more laid back, plus the experience tends to have a much better atmosphere.

I agree with you.

For what is worth, Maiden might not adhere to the dynamic pricing option when it comes to tickets, but they do definitely embrace the dynamic fee option when it comes to booking them. The reason why ticket prices have been much more expensive in Spain than in other European countries with higher average salaries is that different promoters try to outbid each other to book the band and the band and their agents and managers are happy to increase their fee accordingly…

I think they could sell out 15 or so stadiums in US/Canada if the good word about the tour spreads from Euro leg.

SA/Mexico will be sold out in any case.

Also, just a thought, is it possible that there is no golden circle/fan pit in arenas next year due to bigger production... I kinda still doubt it, because Iron Maiden are creatures of habit, but changing production of 25 years and making it bigger is sensible and goes along with the words said in press release. Basically LOTB on a bigger scale.
I think 15 is a bit optimistic of a number. I could see them playing stadiums in LA, NY and Chicago at soccer stadiums. Respectively, they'd be looking to do BMO Stadium in Inglewood (which they've played on LotB), SeatGeek Arena in Bridgeview, IL (home to Chicago Open Air) and Red Bull Arena in Harrison, NJ which could seat 25k+ in a concert capacity. BMO Field in Toronto could be the Canadian stadium.

Might need a big-name opener for 'insurance purposes' of a sellout if they want to play the larger stadiums like MetLife or SoFi. Judas Priest maybe finally sucks it up and does 80 minutes for them?

I think 15 is a bit optimistic of a number. I could see them playing stadiums in LA, NY and Chicago at soccer stadiums. Respectively, they'd be looking to do BMO Stadium in Inglewood (which they've played on LotB), SeatGeek Arena in Bridgeview, IL (home to Chicago Open Air) and Red Bull Arena in Harrison, NJ which could seat 25k+ in a concert capacity. BMO Field in Toronto could be the Canadian stadium.

Might need a big-name opener for 'insurance purposes' of a sellout if they want to play the larger stadiums like MetLife or SoFi. Judas Priest maybe finally sucks it up and does 80 minutes for them?

Audi Field(20k+) in Washington DC could be an option too.

As for openers, Pantera and Megadeth would be great too.

May the Farce Be With You!
QQ
Iron Maiden themselves start as a band deeply influenced by the prog / blues rock scene, rather than seminal heavy metal or hard rock.

Dave's idol was Hendrix, not Blackmore or Iommi, to say one.
Speaking of influences have Maiden ever really done a diminished fifth/tritone/evil fifth whatever you wanna call it Iommi kind of riff?

Bands like Metallica use it all the time, 0-6-5-3 kind of guitar riffs. Maiden very rarely have.

Audi Field(20k+) in Washington DC could be an option too.

As for openers, Pantera and Megadeth would be great too.
Megadeth would be a good choice (and I swear they were rumored to the be the N. American Future Past opener, probably would have been better for them than their current tour because that's been looking like a dog sales-wise.) However, you'd need more than Megadeth to fill that. I think there's more draw to a Maiden-Priest bill.

Pantera I think are using their current position opening for Metallica to vault into headlining arenas on their own soon.

Main takeaways from the radio interview: (wasn't much tbh):
- They played two songs: Run to the hills and Aces High (this probably means nothing)
- Steve says that Iron Maiden has always been about playing live
- They still haven't decided what songs to play for next year, but "some songs pick themselves"
- Steve says the production will be "very different" from the other tours, but doesn't expand on what this means.
- Playing at West Ham's stadium is special (ofc)...

Speaking of influences have Maiden ever really done a diminished fifth/tritone/evil fifth whatever you wanna call it Iommi kind of riff?

Bands like Metallica use it all the time, 0-6-5-3 kind of guitar riffs. Maiden very rarely have.
Speed Of Light has a bunch of tritones and the quiet section in the middle of Sign Of The Cross prominently features them as well. There are other examples too, but Maiden uses them rather sparingly compared to other bands. Most songs are firmly in ionian or aeolian and if they want to invoke a sinister atmosphere they go for phrygian rather than leaning heavily on the tritones.

Back