RUN FOR YOUR LIVES WORLD TOUR (2025/2026)

I guess that is what makes Nicko so special. He is a non-heavy metal drummer adding his magic to (arguably) the best heavy metal band of all time.
If you follow my self-quote at previous page we discussed why and how Nicko's style is different from the standard HM drumming (specifically because of his models and pre-IM career and of his refusal of double bass).

I guess that is what makes Nicko so special. He is a non-heavy metal drummer adding his magic to (arguably) the best heavy metal band of all time.
Iron Maiden themselves start as a band deeply influenced by the prog / blues rock scene, rather than seminal heavy metal or hard rock.

Dave's idol was Hendrix, not Blackmore or Iommi, to say one.

Last edited:
TBH, it has to be said after today...

RLonger is in the mud.
giphy.webp

Iron Maiden themselves start as a band deeply influenced by the prog / blues rock scene, rather than seminal heavy metal or hard rock.

Dave's idol was Hendrix, not Blackmore or Iommi, to say one.

I agree with the first sentence, but Hendrix isn't really a good example here, because Blackmore was definitely closer to both prog and whatever it is that Maiden play than Hendrix. Like, he might be Dave's idol, but I wonder if that's a particularly useful example.

Back