RUN FOR YOUR LIVES WORLD TOUR (2025/2026)

The slow sales for LA this year suggests otherwise..
True. But the LOTB show (which, to be fair, was Greatest Hits tour) in LA seemed amazing. I guess they didn't do themselves any favours with PowerTrip.

I'd guess it would be a risky move to book stadiums and will depend a lot on how European shows will look like.

I think they overdid it in North America this year personally. Maybe they're trying to recoup losses from not being able to tour for two years with COVID like every other band is doing, IDK. I don't think it has much to do with Power Trip since that was marketed to such a specific audience, but more with lots of dates in close proximity to each other. If you live in California there are at least six viable shows to attend depending on where you live. Some may also have lower ticket prices.

Also, Maiden toured arenas for LOTB here in 2019, then came back again on the first post-COVID run in 2022, and are now back again in 2024. I think it's a lot for people who aren't hardcore fans and at least some casuals are likely aware they aren't playing hits.

Yeah. They have been a stadium band in specific areas of Europe. They tried Twickenham 2008 and some other shows... In Scandinavia they have been a stadium band since Ullevi 2005... But not like this.

I think Legacy Of The Beast tour was a test in terms of production and popularity. Based on results, they decided they could do it.

We know South America will be massive stadiums in 2026. The question is how they will approach North America. That's what interests me most. I'd say they want to do 15 stadium shows there, but I don't know if that's realistic. Just can't wrap my head around Maiden playing a stadium like MetLife in New Jersey.

They could play smaller MLS ⚽️ stadiums in big markets like NYC or LA and the rest of the cities in big amphitheaters or indoor arenas.

I think they could sell out 15 or so stadiums in US/Canada if the good word about the tour spreads from Euro leg.

SA/Mexico will be sold out in any case.

Also, just a thought, is it possible that there is no golden circle/fan pit in arenas next year due to bigger production... I kinda still doubt it, because Iron Maiden are creatures of habit, but changing production of 25 years and making it bigger is sensible and goes along with the words said in press release. Basically LOTB on a bigger scale.

Last edited:
15 might be pushing it, but I do think a limited stadium tour is possible. There are territories where Maiden will always sell out, like Vegas, but those are showbiz hubs where there's a lot of high demand for entertainment on any given night. At the same time, Mandalay Bay holds around 12,000 while Allegiant Stadium in Vegas holds 65,000. Can they fill up a stadium that large? Maybe, but they probably wouldn't go anywhere else in the west coast outside maybe Seattle. They also need to upgrade their support acts.

I can see this being a pretty big tour for them in the USA though. With the right support and promotion as well as a setlist that leans big into the 1985 and earlier era, they are going to probably attract people who don't even know they're touring the USA right now.

Turns out that Maiden is a stadium band (with the right material in the set) in Europe after all. They just weren't bothered to be one yet.
Are you surprised? Because I'm not. Ofc for the sales too. As for NA stadiums, it's possible, a few such shows, but iirc Maiden never really wanted to be big in the US, except from the mid-80's, but with this new tour (setlist, stage) new records for the band may be broken. Like the whole LOTB tour.
Big amphitheatres are certain, methinks. The current tour is for the hardcore fans and it's doing very well, so. This tour will be big everywhere. The promotion is right. I feel it's not risky, like the Power Trip set. Maiden are bigger than ever since 2008. Edit: not because this could be their last tour.
Also, just a thought, is it possible that there is no golden circle/fan pit in arenas next year due to bigger production... I kinda still doubt it, because Iron Maiden are creatures of habit, but changing production of 25 years and making it bigger is sensible and goes along with the words said in press release. Basically LOTB on a bigger scale.
This.

Last edited:
Are you surprised? Because I'm not. Ofc for the sales too. As for NA stadiums, it's possible, a few such shows, but iirc Maiden never really wanted to be big in the US, except from the mid-80's, but with this new tour (setlist, stage) new records for the band may be broken. Like the whole LOTB tour.
Big amphitheatres are certain, methinks. The current tour is for the hardcore fans and it's doing very well, so. This tour will be big everywhere. The promotion is right. I feel it's not risky, like the Power Trip set.

This.
Yeah I am. Maiden have never been a stadium band in some European territories. Yes, they dipped a foot into those waters in some regions (Wanda Metropolitano on LOTB ) and have been a stadium band for a while (Scandinavia going back to Ullevi 2005), but not all across the market.

This is why this tour, albeit a calculated, was a risk. But I kinda knew they were doing it, since they were pushing West Ham things on social media (London stadium is lately kinda the main event stadium in London. West Ham are allowing a lot of events to take place there off-season). All that said, the sales are still impressive.

Regarding USA, I can see them doing sheds, however, if they indeed stage a massive production, they kinda need to do stadiums, because sheds have smaller and fixed size stages. I think that if they do 10-ish shows in select markets, they could sell them out. But they really need to spread them out, not like this year when they are doing 3 shows in New York/New Jersey area in very close proximity.

The fact is, that in USA, they can't sell out a stadium tour like Foo Fighters or Metallica. But with strategic placement and limited number of shows in combination with good words spreading from Euro leg, they could do it.

Turns out that Maiden is a stadium band (with the right material in the set) in Europe after all. They just weren't bothered to be one yet.
And that people think that this might be the last tour.

IMO, Maiden are better performing and more powerful in an indoor setting. You get controlled conditions, better sound and as an audience member you typically aren't miles from the stage.

Stavanger sold out. Helsinki sold out. Paris sold out. Sales are through the roof basically everywhere.

0b033689b67bc278264d394889c09eedef58743f.gif

And that people think that this might be the last tour.

IMO, Maiden are better performing and more powerful in an indoor setting. You get controlled conditions, better sound and as an audience member you typically aren't miles from the stage.

It is a combination of cabaret, the consistent growth in popularity of the band in the final stages of their career, and the possibility of this being their last ever tour.

I personally do not think I will have many opportunities to see the band again live beyond 2025...

Last edited:
For what its worth, I used someone's presale code in the past with no issue but that was 2015 or maybe earlier.

And in 2011 there was an anti tout thing in place with online tickets only, the persons ID had to match the name on the ticket but they didn't check ID or ticket names, just scan and enter.

Different set up now maybe but there's my wonderful anecdotes.

Other thing. Maiden said about resale being face value. Made me wonder how they have any say over the resale market. Well, they don't. London Front Standing on Viagogo for nearly 8 grand. Pity the fool who pays that but its there and lots of other tickets going for way more than face value.
I think it's if you resell through Ticketmaster, they can limit it

I think it's if you resell through Ticketmaster, they can limit it

At the end of the day, any tout can become a Fan Club member with multiple accounts and buy a significant number of tickets to resell at hugely inflated prices. I cannot think of an easy way to prevent this from happening.

Back