RUN FOR YOUR LIVES WORLD TOUR (2025/2026)

I think anything from Maiden England tour or earlier can count as "not played in a long time." The songs that were played live but haven't been played since the 80s/early 90s represent a pretty small pool. Going off memory here:

Transylvania
Strange World
Genghis Khan
Innocent Exile
Purgatory
Total Eclipse
Still Life

To Tame a Land
Losfer Words
Back in the Village (allegedly)
Sea of Madness
Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
Infinite Dreams

The bolded are the songs that I think have a remote chance of being brought back, but I think it's quite a stretch. I think it's more likely that stuff like Remember Tomorrow, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Moonchild qualify as "haven't been played in a long time" and serve as this tour's deepcuts.

I also wouldn't rule out the live debut of a song, I don't think the press release precludes that, but again it's a pretty small pool of possible songs and I wouldn't bet on it.

Do we think that SiT will actually be part of this tour? We’re reading into the “from Iron Maiden to Fear of the Dark” and going “yeah, SiT is in that era”, but it’s just had a full two years in the spotlight. I see it as entirely possible that this album will not be represented.
I think the same. And the set is 15 songs, not 17 or 18, which would be easier for that. No Balkans shows announced for now, so I doubt about Alexander, but if they don't play Hallowed or need 3/4 epics in the set again. Stranger In A Strange Land is a comfortable song for the band now, but despite the theme of the tour, I hope they won't play anything of SIT (wild to say it now) because I want as many different songs as possible. Especially from the 90's and NPFTD - which will be represented by at least 1 song for sure. And some of the other albums will have multiple songs in the set.
Rod said they were going to play some stuff they haven’t played from a long time. Let’s assume that is factual.
So that discounts anything they HAVEN’T played before.
Realistically, how many songs does that leave in the pool to pick from? Songs played live from IM-FOTD that they haven’t played “in a long time”, whatever that means.
I don't think it discounts a never played live before song, especially after Alexander.

Stuff they haven't played in the long time = anything from the ME tour and earlier imo. 12 years ago. So:
Prowler
Remember Tomorrow
Running Free
Sanctuary
Phantom Of The Opera
Murders
Killers
Drifter
Prodigal Son (doubt it)
22 Acacia Avenue
Die With Your Boots On
Still Life
To Tame A Land
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Moonchild
Infinite Dreams
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
The Clairvoyant
Tailgunner
No Prayer For The Dying (maybe)
Bring Your Daughter
Be Quick Or Be Dead
From Here To Eternity (maybe)
Wasting Love (maybe)
Afraid To Shoot Strangers

The most likely songs are: Rime, Dreams, Clairvoyant, Seventh Son, Boots, Killers, Still Life, Moonchild, Phantom, Remember Tomorrow, Murders...

The tour's theme and visuals include the 2 early 90's albums, so I think at least 2 songs from them is certain. This is what will make this tout a bit different than the other History tours after all.

For the debut of a song live: Only The Good Die Young or Sun And Steel. That's it.
The songs that were played live but haven't been played since the 80s/early 90s represent a pretty small pool. Going off memory here:

Transylvania
Strange World
Genghis Khan
Innocent Exile
Purgatory
Total Eclipse
Still Life

To Tame a Land
Losfer Words
Back in the Village (allegedly)
Sea of Madness
Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
Infinite Dreams
Yeah, there are not many candidates for this rule. Only Infinite Dreams, Still Life and maybe To Tame A Land have a chance imo.
Sea Of Madness is not played on the current tour so. Total Eclipse? Nope.

Would you guys really even want to hear Sun and Steel? Just imagine the vocals on the first night of the tour or if Bruce catches a cold...
Not one of my favorite deep cuts (almost no solos) but a rare and never played live song - yes! I think with Bruce's current voice the chorus will sound better, at least for me.

Would you guys really even want to hear Sun and Steel?

Honestly, not that much. I think the whole Sun and Steel live debut speculation sparked from Bruce's book where he wrote about the song rather elaborately and the first LOTB poster having that swordsmith stained glass art, which was guessed to represent Sun and Steel, but was eventually hinting towards The Evil That Men Do ("--living on a razor's edge"). Has there ever been any other indicators that suggests Sun and Steel as even remotely potential deep cut to be played live?

Not that I'd be totally against it; it is a really nice song and all! I just don't see it replacing any of the biggest hits and frankly, I would very much prefer something else on the deep cut spot.

Not one of my favorite deep cuts (almost no solos) but a rare and never played live song - yes!

The Apparition. Not one of my favourite deep cuts, but a rare and never played live song - yes NO!

;)

Hopefully 1 album and 1-2 tours atleat.
That's the best we can hope for. Until 2029. With or without Nicko.
In my humble opnion all depends how successful will be Run for Your Lives Tour 2025 - 2026. If the tour be a success, and Steve decide to continue the carrer, they may release next studio album and play some more tours. With of without Nick behind his toms.
This tour should be very successful. It all depends on Nicko.
I’ll say it one last time. A tour with a focus on the albums from The X Factor onwards if pure FANtasy. If you think that is ever going to happen, you need a reality check.
Agreed about the 2 Blaze albums, but what about from BNW onwards? I mean, I get you, but if they continue past 2026 and don't release a new album, all of a sudden such a tour (Part 2) would make sense, wouldn't it.

Also, I can't see this tour to have a possible 3rd leg in 2027. But they can't skip the Balkans...
We don't know if they have plans for the next album, maybe there are songs or maybe some sketches/ideas..
Ever since Senjutsu was released, I've been under the impression (from Steve) that no matter what he or some other person say, they might deny it totally, but there will be atleast one album.
Steve said they don't have plans yet and that they have a lot of ideas. I also thought that after SJ they will want to release another new album, sooner or later. But I think Nicko changed their plans.
Perhaps, if there is album #18 coming out, then it will have it's own tour.
And reunion albums have had their time in the setlist...
If there is a next tour, it should be an album tour. But who knows. The 80's songs also have had their time in the setlist, more than any other songs.
Maybe tour for the new album will be like future past tour - album (senjutsu) promoting tour, but also focuses on another era. We will have tour promotion, but maybe add some reunion songs or something. Having 6 songs from new album, 6 reunion (under excuse that TXF and VXI were promoted on LOTB tour) and 3 classics (like future past tour).
^After the current tour - this is very possible and probably the best case scenario.
The setlist won't move during the two legs (years) because they will tour in US so The Trooper, The Number of the Beast, Run to the Hills, Hallowed be thy Name, Powerslave, Wasted Years + the overplayed Fear of the Dark are confirmed. And I'm sure many of US people who will attend the shows don't know that they have an album called No Prayer for the Dying btw. So the rest of the World will have all these songs in the setlist because we all know that Maiden don't change the setlist.
Good point, and because of Nicko, but I think this time they could change a couple of songs between the legs of the tour. All in all, I think the setlist won't be boringly predictable.
Plus their stubbornness for not changing the set list will never allow them for creating a crowd friendly set list. This tour is probably the closest we will get to a ‘greatest hits’ tour.
What about ME and SBIT tours? Crowd friendly sets.
The Apparition. Not one of my favourite deep cuts, but a rare and never played live song - yes NO! ;)
I forgot to add that I enjoy or like, but it's not an issue for me. Sun And Steel as a second song from POM (if they don't play Land), why not, everything is possible after Alexander. Nice song. Or Boots. Or Still Life(!). Yeah, tough competition from its album, the other hits and with 15 songs, but something unexpected. It won't be Revelations or idk, even Evil That Men Do. How much more? I prefer this now over some of the hits.

Also, there will be a room if they don't play a single SIT song, which they don't really have to do after the current tour.
I think that the list will be something pretty similar to FOTD Tour.
I hope more to RLT tour plus aspects of TFP.

Last edited:
I'm 100% sure that Total Eclipse will never be played again. The end was difficult for Bruce in his prime. Nowadays? I'd argue it's genuinely impossible for him to sing.

Sun & Steel has better chances, technically, but I hate that song, so I'd rather have them play something else. If it's to be another live debut Only The Good Die Young would be the best choice. It's been hinted before and is much easier to sing. Steve gets a little bass "solo" after the instrumental section too.

Sun And Steel as a second song from POM (if they don't play Land), why not, everything is possible after Alexander. Nice song. Or Boots. Something unexpected. I prefer this now over some of the hits.

Yeah, that's fair! I just don't see Sun and Steel as that viable option for the set, given the amount of 80's singles and other major classics and massive songs like Rime of the Ancient Mariner. Like, why it'd be a strong candidate? Piece of Mind already has loads of more likely, and frankly better, options and even on deep cut department there's Still Life - that is also featured on a official live video, after all.

Had Bruce not talked about it as much as he did in What does this button do? I believe Sun and Steel would have been barely mentioned in setlist speculations. For the record, he didn't talk about having that much desire to perform it live (if I remember correctly).

EDIT: That all being said, I'd really enjoy it. I just don't see it happening.

How obnoxiously annoying. The tickets for Gelsenkirchen can only be purchased with a credit card. While I own one which I barely use, it's not registered for online transactions, so now I have to wait 2 to 4 days to get this sorted out. Why can't things ever be simple?

Buying tickets for 2025 is pissing me off. Tickets for the general public will go on sale on September 27th. But the fan club will be able to buy tickets before then (September 24th), Citi bank customers (September 25th) and then ticketmaster customers (September 26th). I don't like these kinds of moves but I think I'll sign up for the fan club today to get access to tickets earlier.

Wanted to check Vienna prices and said fuck it and bought a ticket.

Just hit me. I'm gonna be 30 the next time I see them and Vienna will probably be my 20th concert. I've been going to Maiden gigs for 17 years now. And Bruce was 49 when I first saw them.

Last edited:
At least my ticket costs "only" 104€. Still quite a bit more expansive than previous Maiden tickets I got, but at least the price hasn't ballooned too much compared to last year.

This tour will be the first one in 12+ years not to feature any Reunion songs, and only the 3rd tour overall since 2000.

Not bad when you think about it.

Would be interested to know prices for London and also categories. Is the entire arena one giant pitch or is it divided to zones? Same for Madrid and Paris.

Back