RUN FOR YOUR LIVES WORLD TOUR (2025/2026)

Ahh I'm finally at peace! I would never think this day would come, but ever since my daughters were born I obviously wanted to share what has been one of the most important things in my life. One became a metal head like me and of course, loves Maiden. She's 15 now.

So this time, it's not about me at all! They can play whatever songs they like. Get all the singles lined up, whatever works. Hopefully there's our beloved Nicko behind the drumkit but it's not the end of the world for me anymore. I want her to experience the build up to Doctor Doctor, hear the Maiden chants, feel the pyro blasting on your face, laugh at the silliness of walk on Eddie, see when they are all lining up for the beautiful harmonies of Hallowed, be in complete awe of big Eddie and then when the lights come on, sing along to Always look on the Bright Side. I've come full circle!

I can relate to that. My daughter saw her first Maiden gig on The Future Past tour. Did it matter that they were playing songs of (arguably) the weakest post-reunion album and (arguably) the weakest album by the classic line-up? No, it didn’t. We had a blast and we will enjoy the Run for the Cabaret tour if we can get tickets for it too.

Songs that the greater majority of the crowd and Maiden casuals are not familiar with. Priest put together a "hits" list, I still feel Maiden should have done so just for the crowd they were playing to.

I would not say Heaven Can Wait, Wasted Years, Can I Play with Madness, Fear of the Dark, Iron Maiden or The Trooper are songs a casual fan would not be familiar with, but I guess that might depend on the definition of the word “casual”.

The setlist won't move during the two legs (years) because they will tour in US so The Trooper, The Number of the Beast, Run to the Hills, Hallowed be thy Name, Powerslave, Wasted Years + the overplayed Fear of the Dark are confirmed. And I'm sure many of US people who will attend the shows don't know that they have an album called No Prayer for the Dying btw.

So the rest of the World will have all these songs in the setlist because we all know that Maiden don't change the setlist.

I would not say Heaven Can Wait, Wasted Years, Can I Play with Madness, Fear of the Dark, Iron Maiden or The Trooper are songs a casual fan would not be familiar with, but I guess that might depend on the definition of the word “casual”.
Also Maiden have never really had a large amount of ‘hits’. I’ve always felt that they are more of a cult band than a band designed for headlining festivals. I always remember watching the Rock AM Ring live streams in 2005. REM were headlining as well. They have loads of hits and even some of their deeper cuts are well known by causal music fans. I wouldn’t say the same for Maiden.

Plus their stubbornness for not changing the set list will never allow them for creating a crowd friendly set list. This tour is probably the closest we will get to a ‘greatest hits’ tour.

Me too. All changed when S. Lazarus left
Well I just joined for the first time! :p I didn't want to be stressing out on getting tickets this time and that's the only reason. Now I have christened 2025 as the Year of Iron Maiden and I will be reading all these digital magazines and troll the forums.

I remember clearly when the official forum got paywalled behind the IMFC and everyone moved over to this place. When was that exactly?

Last edited:
Now that it's likely that they'll perform somewhere in New York in 2026, that's one less Iron Maiden gig for me to be concerned about attending. Christ knows that I have a ticket for a Future Past Brooklyn gig that I've been sitting on since last November.

For the record, Be Quick or Be Dead - should - be the opener to the set. It's one of the heaviest songs Maiden has done in a long while in 1992 and it strikes that healthy middle ground of the raspy, aggressive, yet still melodic attitude of the DiAnno-era and the heavy metal grandiosity of the Dickinson-era.

If I had to guess
Iron Maiden:Iron Maiden, Running Free or even Sanctuary
Killers:Wrathchild, Ides of March (Prerecorded)
TNOTB:TNOTB, RTTH, Hallowed
Piece Of Mind: The Trooper
Powerslave: 2MTM hopefully, or nothing at all
SiT:Wasted Years or HCW
SSOASS:The Evil That Men Do or Clairvoyant (Would be a nice surprise)
NPFTD:Skip
FOTD:FOTD

My definition is fans that only care about 80's Maiden. So they probably know WY and Madness, Heaven can be one forgotten about. Still that's most of the set that 80's fans won't really go for. No Hallowed, RTTH, NOTB for them. Or Aces, 2M2M for the matter.

My possible setlist:
1). Be Quick or be Dead/Aces High
2). The Number of the Beast
3). Wrathchild
4). Revelations
5). Can I Play With Madness
6). The Trooper
7). Rime of the Ancient Mariner
8). The Evil That Men Do
9). Phantom of the Opera
10). Fear of the Dark
11). Bring Your Daughter
12). The Clairvoyant
13). Heaven Can Wait
14). Run to the Hills
15). 2 Minutes to Midnight
16). Iron Maiden
ENCORE
17). Hallowed Be Thy Name
18). Sanctuary
19). Running Free

Possible songs: Infinite Dreams, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Wasting Love, Only The Good Die Young, Wasted Years, To Tame a Land Killers and Powerslave

I think that the list will be something pretty similar to FOTD Tour.

I don’t. Maybe Wasted Years but I kinda doubt even that. Representing all 9 albums is actually kinda tricky when you consider that several of them are guaranteed multiple songs. Probably going to get three from Number of the Beast, probably 2 or 3 from the debut (Phantom, Iron Maiden, I’m guessing Running Free), pretty good chance of two from Powerslave (Rime and one other from the big 4). That’s already 8 songs. Then with at least one song from the remaining albums you’re at around 13, which means probably only one or two of those will get to have more than one. Not a terrible spread but I could see them skipping SIT and No Prayer in order to play 2 songs off Killers, Seventh Son, and Piece of Mind plus the title track to Fear of the Dark OR cut one of those albums down to one song to make way for another off the debut or a deepcut from TNOTB. That gets you to 15.

I’ll go further and predict that, based on nothing, either both No Prayer and Somewhere in Time will be represented in the setlist or neither will.

Rod said they were going to play some stuff they haven’t played from a long time. Let’s assume that is factual.

So that discounts anything they HAVEN’T played before. No Mother Russias or Judas Be My Guides or To Tame A Lands etc.

Realistically, how many songs does that leave in the pool to pick from? Songs played live from IM-FOTD that they haven’t played “in a long time”, whatever that means.

They’ve done how many nostalgia/greatest tours with old stuff now? Gimme Ed, Early Years, Powerslave, Maiden England, Legacy, then all the SIT stuff on the current tour. I’d say there’s only a handful of songs left that they haven’t played live “in a long time”.

Infinite Dreams is one, not done since 88. Bring Your Daughter, 2003. Stuff like Another Life and Remember Tomorrow, 2005. Still Life, 1988. The stuff just played on the NPFTD and FOTD tours … which something tells me they won’t be in a hurry to play, considering they’ve mostly pretended those albums don’t exist for 25 years.

Back