RUN FOR YOUR LIVES WORLD TOUR (2025/2026)

Heard a radio promo for the tour twice today and it was the most harrowing possible thing, because they had Aces High and RTTH playing in the background.
Just a random radio promo? I hope. I'm not sure if Run To The Hills is that certain, despite the name of the tour and that they usually play it during Hits tours for the last 20 years, but I'm sure Aces High won't be played. Bruce knows how difficult of a song is. They played it in 2022 because of the prop. It's tough because the big hits are always played last in the set. I also think they won't open with Moonchild, they'll want something different and I assume they won't use ice decor again. Murders too, it was unique for the 2005 tour.

''Play classics'' tour, yeah (the usual 5-6 staples), but with 4-6 ''deep'' cuts, different and epic stage, set positions - it has potential to be amazing. They said in the press release that they always try to come up with something different and interesting for the fans. Not the them of the tour lol. The 80's cuts should be popular right. If only they played a couple of Reunion songs...

Reactions: jcv
Every nostalgia tour has had at least one or two songs that hadn’t yet been touched by the current lineup. I hope the tradition of debuting new songs for the lineup continues, although I recognize they are running out of material from that 80s well.
This.

There are a few choices, realistic or not:

Infinite Dreams
To Tame A Land (maybe)
Still Life
Sun And Steel
Only The Good Die Young
Killers

not from the 80's:

Tailgunner
No Prayer For The Dying
Be Quick Or Be Dead
From Here To Eternity (maybe)

I hope for at least 3 of them.

I’m afraid the circus of Legacy of the Beast,I mean Bruce wearing a lot of costumes, a couple walk on eddies…
Most likely (I doubt about a couple walk-on Eddies again), and we know Bruce, but that's what will make the tour extra special. It remains to be seen if the stage will have a Cathedral-esque part like LOTB.
Ród words are interesting but also - he is selling this tour right now so exaggeration is expected.
Bit about bringing songs to live in a new way is interesting but again, he is selling tour, so he can just mean a new backdrop.
Maybe, but maybe not.

Anyway, back to topic - I suppose we'll actually know the setlist only after the tour starts, right? I have some vague memories of a tour in the past where the setlist leaked, but I don't remember which one and whether it was correct after all.
I think for the last few tours Maiden made social media posts announcing each song of the playlist as it was played on the first concert of a tour.

As far as I remember early leaks used to be totally made up and unreliable. Also, I remember the glory days of setlist.fm having the first concert of a tour constantly edited to add Alexander The Great in lol. That's a joke that won't work anymore!

Last edited:
There were two setlist leaks I can think of in recent history. TBOS the entire setlist leaked days before the first concert because of something associated with the show in China and the censors involved (I don't remember exactly how it got out). The only difference was that The Wicker Man was listed when it turned out they actually were playing Powerslave and that was their way of getting past the censors. Maiden England also had a partial setlist leak where a video was posted before the tour began and the setlist was partially visible. Except Infinite Dreams was still on the setlist at the time.

Not the same at all, but I also remember the band kinda gave away most of the SBIT setlist in the original press release. Obviously that was a pretty predictable selection anyway though. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they do something similar this time around. They need to sell a lot of tickets so I expect to see some pretty clear signals about what they're going to play instead of the cryptic clues that we got during LOTB and (to a lesser extent) Future Past.

Edit: I found the press release. https://metalinjection.net/tour-dat...tails-for-‘somewhere-back-in-time-world-tour’

Check out Rod's comments, also a pretty detailed description of the stage show including the presence of cyborg Eddie.

Also have to remind, how some songs were sort of tested and then dropped after one or couple performances:
The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner was performed only once in Belgrade, on the opening night of Somewhere On Tour.
Charlotte The Harlot was revisited in 2005 (after 1981) only to be played two times at the start of the Eddie Rips Up World Tour.
There's been couple more occasions and songs aswell, but these were the first that came to my mind now.
Lately it seems the setlist is more written on the stone or wall without any changes.

TBOS the entire setlist leaked days before the first concert because of something associated with the show in China and the censors involved (I don't remember exactly how it got out).

Yeah, that was what I vaguely remembered (I even had a hunch it might have been TBOS), thanks.

Yep, they had to alter their show for China during the The Book Of Souls-tour:
* There were no pyrotechnics used during the show.
* During the performance of "The Trooper", IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson did not wave a Union Jack flag, but, as can be seen in the video below, he still sported the red coat uniform worn by troops during the battle which inspired the song and waved an "invisible" flag while singing the track. In addition, the Union Jack flag was still prominently displayed on the backdrop during MAIDEN's performance of the song.
* Bruce changed the lyrics to the chorus of the song "Powerslave" from "Tell me why I had to be a Powerslave" to "Tell me why I had to be a Wicker Man." But he changed it back during the song:clap:
* IRON MAIDEN was not allowed to throw stuff (wristbands, drum heads, etc.) into the crowd during the concert.
* Bruce didn't swear and had to be careful not to use the "F" word.

I want the tour to be 80s heavy, but give me 2-3 "recent" songs. BNW, Ghost of the Navigator, These Colours Don’t Run, Benjamin Breeg etc
Similar to LOTB
Me too, but maybe they have some future plans after this tour for 2027.
Such a tour was expected and even logical - now. I thought about it, I'm disappointed because of the how many History tours for that era we got, but I love the classics (my favorite is the Reunion era), they're always expected, and they mix them with 2 90's albums that really need representation and promise their best stage show ever, so something ''different and unexpected'', tick.

No matter the era, I'm always happy when they play any ''rare songs'' because of the quality of the material. Favorites or not so much; especially now. Complaints are expected and normal. Happy with a whole setlist? Hmm, that's rare. I'm glad that with every tour we get some rare songs. Which was unthinkable before 12 years. Deep Cuts tour would have been the ultimate tour left to be done.
As it stands, swapping LOTB with RFYL would result in much more fitting setlists/tours.
Or RFYL with ME and now a proper 50 years celebration with all albums (mostly material from the 80's ofc) or a proper Reunion era tour. ;)

But I have a hard time believing that all contracts were made at the beginng of 2024 already as the promotor indicated.

That would mean they didn't even wait a little to see how Nicko's health would develop. Maybe it would have turned out that he needs always two days between shows now etc.

Maybe he meant for festivals?
That also seems very early to me. I'd like to find out more about it. That would really interest me.

There isn't a single setlist concept that would turn me away from seeing them live. At the end of the day the nitpicking over which songs they play or don't play doesn't translate to the offline enjoyment of a Maiden show.

I suspect the closest a lot of these people get to an offline Maiden show is a vicarious online look at someone elses life on youtube.

I'm sure Nicko will spit something out in the next few months.

He kinda hinted Eagles and Icarus before LOTB, before TFP he did the same with Stranger and Alexander.

So, I think that it's reasonable to predict that we will get 2-3 songs leaked by Nicko. Unless Rod gags him.

I'm sure Nicko will spit something out in the next few months.

He kinda hinted Eagles and Icarus before LOTB, before TFP he did the same with Stranger and Alexander.

So, I think that it's reasonable to predict that we will get 2-3 songs leaked by Nicko. Unless Rod gags him.
The three songs? Iron Maiden, The Trooper and Fear Of The Dark :D

I think I now understand why the tour is designed as it is. If your going to do stadium tour, you want as many casuals as possible to react to as much 80's/hits tags as possible. Name of the tour - lyrics of one of your biggest hits. Eddie image - pure 80's with the street background, axe, leather jacket etc. And finally poster announcement "from Iron Maiden to Fear of the Dark". For casuals it's not the idea behind it (like ooyeah, they are playing songs from No Prayer for the Dying and Fear of the Dark album). It's just to capture attention with words - Iron Maiden (I know that band) Fear of the Dark (ooyeah, I know that song, it's my favourite song). So with these words casual listeners know Maiden gonna play Fear of the Dark and other hits. That's my take why they have put albums names on the poster.

Back