RUN FOR YOUR LIVES WORLD TOUR (2025/2026)

Come on, this is so incredibly disingenuous lol

Yeah, Maiden is my favorite band. Unfortunately the 80s are my least favorite part of their career and large parts why they are my favorite band in the first place is because of the material of the 90s and 2000s. Of course I'm still grateful that they continue touring, but I won't cheer them on for playing songs I don't really like or that I've heard a million times before.

Just imagine for a second that they'd play your least favorite album in its entirety plus a couple of classics. Would you really have no complaints at all? I'm sure that if the tour would be heavy on VXI for example, a ton of people here would be disappointed and the complaints would be endless. Somehow then it would be justified, but having the nerve to not adore the "Run For Your Lives" concept apparently goes too far. :rolleyes:

I wholeheartedly agree.

P.S. Virtual XI is pure shit.

Maybe also get a headstart vs other acts and festivals? I don’t know to be honest.

The trend seems to be to announce tours and put tickets on sale earlier and earlier each year. The Waterboys are playing here in May next year and the tickets have been on sale since June!

Oasis and Imagine Dragons (I know they play in a different league to Maiden where ticket sales are concerned) announced their 2025 stadia shows some time ago too.

Last edited:
I want the tour to be 80s heavy, but give me 2-3 "recent" songs. BNW, Ghost of the Navigator, These Colours Don’t Run, Benjamin Breeg etc

Similar to LOTB

Agreed. Something covering their career more broadly would be a better fit for their 50th anniversary.

Anyway, as a wise man from the Midlands would say: “It is what it is, you know?”

1726867679457.gif

Just imagine for a second that they'd play your least favorite album in its entirety plus a couple of classics. Would you really have no complaints at all?
Listen, if they played Killers in full, my thoughts would be "holy shit! songs that haven't been played since the '80s?? I mean, not my first choice but that's a cool as hell show". Followed immediately by "except 'Drifter', 'Drifter' sucks and should never have been played live nor actually put on a fucking album."

Firstly, as an Iron Maiden fan, my no.1 pastime is complaining about the decisions that Iron Maiden makes. Secondly, it is a shame that one of my all time Iron Maiden songs The Parchment will never be played live at this point. Third(ly), there is still hope for me to hear Deja Vu live.

That instrumental dramatic Romeo and Juliet I think piece of music into Futureal was a great intro even if the rest of the show wasn't perfect

It went downhill after the intro, that’s for sure! :P ;)

Just joking. It might be the worst Maiden gig I have been to, but it was still enjoyable (and I was 26 years younger).

Listen, if they played Killers in full, my thoughts would be "holy shit! songs that haven't been played since the '80s?? I mean, not my first choice but that's a cool as hell show". Followed immediately by "except 'Drifter', 'Drifter' sucks and should never have been played live nor actually put on a fucking album."

:lol: :lol:

If they could do about 5 or 6 deep cuts/never played before from that era and the rest classics that the majority of fans want to hear that would be good. Add their best stage production ever then I think we have a banger of a tour.

1. Phantom of the Opera
2. Wrathchild
3. Run to the Hills
4. Infinite Dreams
5. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
6. The Trooper
7. Sun and Steel
8. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
9. Bring your Daughter…To the Slaughter
10. 2 Minutes to Midnight
11. Alexander the Great
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
Encore
14. The Number of the Beast
15. The Clairvoyant
16. Running Free

Other possible songs: Murders in the Rue Morgue(as the opener), 22 Acacia Avenue, Only the Good die Young, To Tame a Land, Still Life.

I think this is the best possible setlist that will make everyone happy.

They aren't part of any classic or a renaissance era in their history. As much as I like those albums a whole lot more than I like Killers and No Prayer for the Dying.

But that makes even less sense, since 2 years are 24 months hahahaha

The classic versions of those songs are when Bruce sang them live..... I would of liked to hear him sing Lord of the Flies again.

No it isn't. C'mon, man.
It's VERY flawed so I understand why people don't like it. Mainly a lot of bad Harris decisions but I enjoy Futureal, Clansman, Como, Two Worlds Etc.

In fact screw you all Futureal is a top 20 maiden song and one of their best short songs of the last thirty years. Not that there is much competition... wickerman and one or two others aside.

ANYWAY BACK TO THE TOUR DISCUSSION

if they play only the good die young I will deliberately shit my pants in joy

But I have a hard time believing that all contracts were made at the beginng of 2024 already as the promotor indicated.

That would mean they didn't even wait a little to see how Nicko's health would develop. Maybe it would have turned out that he needs always two days between shows now etc.

Maybe he meant for festivals?

It's VERY flawed so I understand why people don't like it. Mainly a lot of bad Harris decisions but I enjoy Futureal, Clansman, Como, Two Worlds Etc.

In fact screw you all Futureal is a top 20 maiden song and one of their best short songs of the last thirty years. Not that there is much competition... wickerman and one or two others aside.

ANYWAY BACK TO THE TOUR DISCUSSION

if they play only the good die young I will deliberately shit my pants in joy
I know that Futureal is my favorite 90s song. Not sure it’s top 20 though but very close.

I’d add Rainmaker as another brilliant short song

p.s. - I'd swap in Clairvoyant over OTGDY as my poop pants song.

But I have a hard time believing that all contracts were made at the beginng of 2024 already as the promotor indicated.

That would mean they didn't even wait a little to see how Nicko's health would develop. Maybe it would have turned out that he needs always two days between shows now etc.

Maybe he meant for festivals?
Saw an interview with Steve recently saying he would love to play four gigs a week but he understands singers can't do that at an advanced age anymore

Back