RUN FOR YOUR LIVES WORLD TOUR (2025/2026)

Hoping to get tickets to London - I have a lot of time for Halestorm as openers as well. A bit worried they'll sell out very quickly though, and due to the nature of work (teaching) I definitely won't be able to buy them immediately as they go on sale.
I’d be amazed if London sold out quickly unless it’s cheaper than the UK stadium shows.

The Future Past tour has been a tough listen. I had planned to catch a few shows in the US this year, but the drumming has been a real letdown for me. Those isolated drum tracks from Birmingham really tear me apart. Back during the Virtual XI tour, the disappointment with Blaze's performances (I saw a few shows) was widespread, but rumors of Bruce's return were already strong, even before the 1998 tour. Now, I'm genuinely worried. I'd rather have a high-quality performance of the classics next year with a new drummer than see Nicko struggling to do them justice.
Ironically Nicko now drums like he did on the Virtual XI album

Anyway I don't think nick has been all that bad.

It's just that maidens rhythym section don't have that 100% pure power anymore. Steve is still 100% but Nicko is at 70. I was listening to Mikky Dee drumming for Lemmy at a show earlier and wow what a difference in power

Also where can I find these isolated tracks?

One of my favourites is the 2014 tour announcement:

"– As all our fans know, Maiden England is Part 3 in the History Trilogy of the 1980s video/DVD releases so this is likely to be the last time we will tour with a set list based on the ‘80s, and therefore the last time fans will EVER hear some of these songs played live. With this in mind, for the 2014 dates we plan to change the set list around a little, to make it more equally representative of the whole of the ‘80s period"

Funny enough, the removed songs (The Clairvoyant, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Running Free) haven't been played since 2013, where as two of the replacements (Revelations, Wratchild) that came with excuse cited above have been played... :D
I seem to rememember saying that after the DOD tour theyll be cutting down on touring too!

but the fact they've already set two years' worth of touring in stone and chose to make it obvious beforehand definitely suggests something to me.
It's suspicious yes and I'm worried, but Bruce already said they have plans until 2026, and Steve said recently that they have no plans to retire for now or to do a farewell tour as such. The tour's theme could suggest a following tour with the next 9 albums (*if they don't release a new album), but I don't think they already have any plans beyond 2026 and they can't omit all the 80's songs right. They will play next year and see. It's going to be very tough for Nicko (not only the fills, but the power, the groove, precision), but it's not like he's that bad or sounds really slow. And they can help him with some easier deep cuts instead of the usual difficult classics. This tour is announced, like I said, I don't think they will replace anyone (especially now) and with less shows per year it'll be easier. The 2nd leg of this tour is expected (and Bruce has teased) to be bigger and longer, so Nicko is committed and should be part of the celebrations next year. Yeah, this tour feels like a finale and Bruce said he can make solo plans around Maiden now, but what Nicko is doing is remarkable. Maybe he himself will want to stop touring, but I don't think the band will want to continue without him, so that's why after this tour nobody knows what will happen. They've said it before.

Is Nicko rough live? Yes, unfortunately and it's tough to listen. Is he solid enough? Well... yes imo. Is he playing a bit better than last year? I think so. Yeah, they will sound rejuvenated with a new drummer, but the person is more important to me. I think everyone in the band is aware of the whole difficult situation and the fact that Maiden are a synonymous of quality performances, so after 50 years they can do what they want. This tour wouldn't have been announced if they know Nicko couldn't do it. It will be a tough set for him, no doubt. He can still drive the band and do well enough, but it will be his current level and the band should help him with the songs (they already said that, although it's worth mentioning that he changes some approaches to his drumming for some difficult songs), although you can't just play slower stuff. Age also plays a role. This makes me so sad. He tries his best and I can't thank him enough for all the years. As much as I want to see the best possible performances live and Maiden for as long as possible, I think they know there is one right decision (now) and that is no members change, unlike most old bands. It won't get easier for Nicko, but it's hard and sad for me to read comments that the band no longer sound good live. The difference with 2022 is noticeable. This is a tough decision for both the band and the fans.
I don't have the answers what to do.
We don't know everything for sure, maybe they will invite live drummer and Nicko play just a few songs? I think band's management and rest of the boys realize how big is the problem. No way Nicko will be able to play good enought to handle two years of touring with metal classics which mostly are difficult even for young drummers. Let's wait and see what's is going to happen next year.
Two drummers? No way. He can handle, but it depends on the set. This year is the proof. I'm worried though, he will struggle with the 80's songs.
They realize for sure. As they always say - they are a live band. The situation is complicated.
I think this is last big tour from Maiden.
Because the 2026 leg won't be bigger and Maiden won't be playing stadiums/big arenas again???
I don't think they plan on it being their final tour(things can happen). But I would be very surprised if the final shows aren't in the UK.
Yeah, but since the 2026 leg of the tour will be big, the last shows could be a few UK dates after the SA/NA shows and they can have a few weeks break in between. I hope I'm wrong.
Ironically Nicko now drums like he did on the Virtual XI album
Not quite because of the fills and the groove.

Last edited:
One of my favourites is the 2014 tour announcement:

"– As all our fans know, Maiden England is Part 3 in the History Trilogy of the 1980s video/DVD releases so this is likely to be the last time we will tour with a set list based on the ‘80s, and therefore the last time fans will EVER hear some of these songs played live. With this in mind, for the 2014 dates we plan to change the set list around a little, to make it more equally representative of the whole of the ‘80s period"

Funny enough, the removed songs (The Clairvoyant, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Running Free) haven't been played since 2013, where as two of the replacements (Revelations, Wratchild) that came with excuse cited above have been played... :D
This statement is actually true to some extent. LOTB and the new tour aren't solely based on the 80's albums and I doubt some songs from the 2005 tour will be played live again. But they should play more different songs, no doubt and not only from the 80's.

I think this period was a ''wondering time'' for Maiden - to record albums more often, to play more newer songs in sets (this was the last tour based on an 80's concert videos, they didn't have the mobile game yet), to take longer breaks, Bruce was planning the solo album and tour, Dave wanted to release a solo album with Roy, Steve started his solo project, Adrian had a solo project then.

The tour's theme could suggest a following tour with the next 9 albums (*if they don't release a new album)
Well, if they release a new album it will be exactly 9 albums. An album tour would be great of course, but a TXF - Senjutsu tour would be my holy grail. There's so much potential to get some of the most creative and interesting setlists. I doubt that they'll actually do that, but it's my biggest wish right now.

a TXF - Senjutsu tour would be my holy grail. There's so much potential to get some of the most creative and interesting setlists. I doubt that they'll actually do that, but it's my biggest wish right now.

Fucking yes, yes, yes. The idea excites me so much I'd literally set up a bivouac before the ticket office and before the concert if that was the case. The idea excites me so much I'd be willing to travel to... dunno, New Zealand for the concert. The idea excites me so much I don't care about the dress code, I'd literally come in me trousers. :ninja:

Well, if they release a new album it will be exactly 9 albums. An album tour would be great of course, but a TXF - Senjutsu tour would be my holy grail. There's so much potential to get some of the most creative and interesting setlists. I doubt that they'll actually do that, but it's my biggest wish right now.

Agreed. Thinking they will be touring that material after they finish the Run For Your Lives tour is very naïve to say the least.

Back