Recent additions to your music collection

Vinyl

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light (45RPM).  Fantastic album, the songs are great, the record sounds fabulous.  They really had a winner with this one. 

Jupz said:
SC is my least fave DT album, its still pretty good though. The Ministry of Lost Souls is my clear favourite from the album. Octavarium is pretty good too, I would say its on the same level as BC&SL, maybe slightly worse.
This post gave me Deja Vu!

I think I'm going to get Octavarium next. Is Train Of Thought good? I haven't heard much talk about it.

and that Foos record is really good. Listening right now. The bands releasing albums this year have some real competition!

Stallion Duck said:
This post gave me Deja Vu!

I think I'm going to get Octavarium next. Is Train Of Thought good? I haven't heard much talk about it.

and that Foos record is really good. Listening right now. The bands releasing albums this year have some real competition!
Train of Thought's not bad, heavier than a lot of their stuff.

Train of Thought is my 4th or 5th favourite from DT, as you've probably heard its heavier then their other stuff. I find it really solid, the only bad track for me is This Dying Soul. I'd recommend getting Scenes from a Memory next, its fantastic.

My top 5 in order
I&W
SFAM
6DOIT
TOT/Awake

Finally bought the Rush - Beyond the Lighted Stage DVD and some CDs (Jethro Tull, Freddie Hubbard).

Jupz said:
Train of Thought is my 4th or 5th favourite from DT, as you've probably heard its heavier then their other stuff. I find it really solid, the only bad track for me is This Dying Soul. I'd recommend getting Scenes from a Memory next, its fantastic.

My top 5 in order
I&W
SFAM
6DOIT
TOT/Awake
6DOIT? I don't think I've ever seen that one.

Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence. Its a great CD, one of their more experimental efforts.

On Record Store Day, picked up these records (vinyl)

Flogging Molly -- Don't Shut 'Em Down (7" single)
Kings of Leon -- Holly Roller Novocainr (10" single)
REM -- Three  (represses of their first 3 7" singles)
Soundgarden -- Telephantasm (3 LP Best of)
Foo Fighters -- Medium Rare (covers album)

Some freebies they were giving away (in a lovely Record Store Day bag)

7" Singles
Facts of Life -- Sometimes
Edsel -- Penaluna
Rufus -- Tell Me Something Good

CDs
Epitath -- Spring 2011 Sampler
Please Do Enjoy 00 teminarl Samples #4
EMI Urban Music Samples -- record Store Day 2011

bearfan said:
Foo Fighters -- Medium Rare (covers album)
The one vinyl I wanted and they didn't have it at my store.  :mad: But I got these instead  :ok:

Rainbow-Rising
Avenged Sevenfold-Sounding The Seventh Trumpet

3 CD's, all Dream Theater:

Train Of Thought
Metropolis PT 2: Scenes From A Memory
Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence

Haven't listened to them yet, I'm really looking forward to listening to them tomorrow.

Not recent, but the two released i'm looking forward to most right now are :

Ulver: War of the Roses
and
Samael: Lux Mundi

Fugazi said:
3 CD's, all Dream Theater:

Train Of Thought
Metropolis PT 2: Scenes From A Memory
Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence

Haven't listened to them yet, I'm really looking forward to listening to them tomorrow.
3 Fantastic albums, all in my top 5 DT albums, along with Awake and I&W. Get excited!

Jupz said:
3 Fantastic albums, all in my top 5 DT albums, along with Awake and I&W. Get excited!

I've listened to both Train Of Thought and Metropolis all the way through from start to finish, I've listened to individual tracks from Six Degrees but not all the way through, I have to say I'm very pleased with all that I have heard so far. You mentioned Awake there!, that album is a grower for me, I wasn't so impressed on the first couple of listens but over the past while I've started to like it, the Mirror is such an awesome track.

Fugazi said:
I've listened to both Train Of Thought and Metropolis all the way through from start to finish, I've listened to individual tracks from Six Degrees but not all the way through, I have to say I'm very pleased with all that I have heard so far. You mentioned Awake there!, that album is a grower for me, I wasn't so impressed on the first couple of listens but over the past while I've started to like it, the Mirror is such an awesome track.

I WISH I could get into DT, I really do.  I gave them a few months on and off last year when preparing for the DT/IM show in July.  I like Rush, and LOVE Maiden, so they seem like a band that I should love.  Yet....I just can't get into them.  I find them musically impressive, with a couple of amazing songs, but otherwise they tend to bore me.

chaosapiant said:
I WISH I could get into DT, I really do.  I gave them a few months on and off last year when preparing for the DT/IM show in July.  I like Rush, and LOVE Maiden, so they seem like a band that I should love.  Yet....I just can't get into them.  I find them musically impressive, with a couple of amazing songs, but otherwise they tend to bore me.

Personally I would say you are missing out on something great... but then again what do I know, it is just one of those things, you tried them out and they didn't grab you. Speaking of Rush, I have noticed people speaking of Rush in a positve way on these boards, I don't own any albums by Rush, I have checked out their back catalogue and they have quite a few albums, I want to give them a try but I really don't know where to start, could you recommend some albums.

DT seems to be the type of band you either love or hate I guess. They're not for everyone.

Fugazi said:
Personally I would say you are missing out on something great... but then again what do I know, it is just one of those things, you tried them out and they didn't grab you. Speaking of Rush, I have noticed people speaking of Rush in a positve way on these boards, I don't own any albums by Rush, I have checked out their back catalogue and they have quite a few albums, I want to give them a try but I really don't know where to start, could you recommend some albums.

If I could recommend only one, it would be "2112."

Back