Recent additions to your music collection

Live At Donnington :bigsmile:

Now I only need A Real Live Dead One to complete the side picture. What will I collect next? I have all of the studio albums.

Mega said:
Live At Donnington :bigsmile:

Now I only need A Real Live Dead One to complete the side picture. What will I collect next? I have all of the studio albums.
Singles? I would but none of my stores carry singles for some reason.

I have never even SEEN a single, much less bought one.
I think I may go ahead and get the other official live albums. Probably not though, I won't go out of my way to get them, so it depends solely on me finding one in a record store.
Oh, that remindes me that I've seen Edward the Great in a really old store, along with most of Maiden's studio albums and a huge pile of 'Fear of the dark's and 'number of the beast's.

I really like getting the singles (some cool B-sides) and with Maiden at least, the covers are worth it. 

See the link in my sig, the ones I have are in there.

I just picked up Bruce Dickinson - Tattooed Millionaire LP (in excellent condition) for a knock down price after it caught my eye on a market stall. I love it when that happens.

Vinyl

Rainbow -- Difficult to Cure
Cheap Trick -- Cheap Trick
Ian Anderson -- Walk into the Light
Beat Farmers -- Tales of the New West (RIP Country Dick Montana)
Vinnie Vincent Invasion -- Vinnie Vincent Invasion

Just got Extreme's Waiting For The Punchline in the mail.

I live across the street from the library so I usually borrow whatever they have there that looks interesting. I doubt that anyone on here listens to these but the most recent five I ripped from the library were:

Sunset Rubdown - Dragonslayer
Wolf Parade - Expo 86
Decemberists - The King is Dead
Spiritualized - Let in Come Down
Polvo - Today's Active Lifestyles

bearfan said:
Vinyl

Guns and Roses -- Use Your Illusion

Hi Bearfan!

I was just wondering Illusion 1 or 2. Out of both of them I prefer 1, in particular the latter half, I have them on cd... but if my memory serves me correctly on vinyl they are both double albums?...

Cd's I have bought in last week or so...

Metallica - Load
Metallica - Reload
Ephel Duath - The Painter's Palette

Ephel Duath are new to me... a real find, I'm really liking the whole metal - jazz fusion thing that is going on with this album. I still have not made a decision on whether I like the metallica albums though.

Fugazi said:
Hi Bearfan!

I was just wondering Illusion 1 or 2. Out of both of them I prefer 1, in particular the latter half, I have them on cd... but if my memory serves me correctly on vinyl they are double albums?...

My bad, it is II.  I am still looking for I (at a reasonable price).  They are double albums, I gave it a play yesterday and it sounded great.

It's how I prefer to listen to music, I think they sound (in general) better than CDs and certainly mp3s.  I am kicking myself for getting rid of so many records in the early 1990 (moved a lot and got tired of hauling boxes of records when I had most on CD as well). 

I got a record player about 18 months ago and have been re-purchasing a lot of old ones as well as getting new releases (Avenged Sevenfold, Foo Fighters, Crooked Vultures, etc.) on vinyl as well.  A lot of the old records can be had for $.99 to $4.00 at Half Priced Books.  The new albums as well as re-finding some of the Maiden singles are a bit more pricey.

For the most part, I telecommute for work (I work in IT, mainly database work), it's nice to have them playing when I work. I generally listen to 4 to 8 albums a day.

On the therapeutic side, I have some fairly bad arthritis, the records help out by making me stand up every 20 to 30 minutes which is helpful for this condition.

Yeah I've seen new releases out between 20-40 dollars. I bought Tull's Thick as a brick on cd and it's great having the single track without having to get up and flip it lol. Or the first three Chicago albums on ONE cd hahaha. But I agree as far as sound is concerned.

I picked up a used Thick as a Brick for $1.98 a few months ago ... it helps that there are so many used record stores in Dallas.

Hit up a $1 sale and bought these (all vinyl)

Golden Earing -- The Hole
Ian Gillan Band -- Child in Time
Golden Earing -- Cut
Golden Earing -- Grab it for a Second
Golden Earing -- To the Hilt
Golden Earing -- Switch
Dire Straights -- Extended DancE Play (EP)
The Beat Farmers -- Poor and Famous
Spirit -- Best of Spirit
Stevie Nicks -- Bella Donna
Molly Hatchet -- Beatin' the Odds
Robert Plant -- Now and Zen
The Alan Parsons Project -- Pyramid
Jethro Tull -- Live (Bursting Out)
The Big Chill Soundtrack
Jethro Tull -- Crest of a Knave
David Gilmour -- David Gilmour
Thomas Dolby -- Blinded by Science (EP) .. it is s shitty song, but I like it
Rolling Stones -- Dirty Work

That's a lot of Golden Earring. What would you recommend as a first purchase? I'm sure I've heard ONE of their songs before (specially since they've been discussed here before), but for a new fan what would be a good start?

Back