Recent additions to your music collection

Onhell said:
That's a lot of Golden Earring. What would you recommend as a first purchase? I'm sure I've heard ONE of their songs before (specially since they've been discussed here before), but for a new fan what would be a good start?

Radar Love and Twilight Zone are probably their most popular, and Maiden covered "Kill me Ce Soir" on their bsides collection.  Great band!

I would start with Switch as an intro to their more prog style (Kill Me (Ce Soir) is on this) and Cut as a good sample of their 80s sound (has Twilight Zone, easily their most famous song on it). 

They are a really solid band, not spectacular for the most part, but nothing horrible either IMO. 

TBH, its my least favourite out of those 4. Being more acoustic, it didn't appeal at first to me, but I love Since I've Been Loving You and Immigrant Song. I'll have to give the rest of the album time to grow. Led Zeppelin I or IV would have to be my favourite Zep album :)

Vinyl

REO Speedwagon -- Hi in Fidelity
Jane's Addiction -- Ritual del lo Habitual
Eagles of Death Metal -- Heart On
Queens of the Stone Age -- Rated R (X Rated)

Yesterday I purchased Fozzy' "Happenstance" album for their Iron Maiden cover.

Unexpectedly, the album is really good. Specially the second song "To Kill a Stranger" is awesome.  :shred:

Jupz said:
TBH, its my least favourite out of those 4. Being more acoustic, it didn't appeal at first to me, but I love Since I've Been Loving You and Immigrant Song. I'll have to give the rest of the album time to grow. Led Zeppelin I or IV would have to be my favourite Zep album :)

Both Since I've Been Loving You and Immigrant Song are great songs and excellent choices, I would also add Gallows Pole as another great song from that album. Zeppelin I is just superb from start to finish, IV is my favourite out of I, II III & IV, When The Levee Breaks is just awesome. If I had to choose a favourite Led Zeppelin album it would be Physical Graffiti.

Farhang said:
Yesterday I purchased Fozzy' "Happenstance" album for their Iron Maiden cover.

Unexpectedly, the album is really good. Specially the second song "To Kill a Stranger" is awesome.  :shred:

I'm glad to find I'm not the only person here who likes Fozzy. I think they are a pretty damn good band; the newest album was one of my favourites of last year.

Bruce Dickinson - Anthology triple DVD set,

Disc 1 - Dive Dive Live & Skunkworks Live
Disc 2 - Scream For Me Brazil
Disc 3 - Promotional Videos, Tyranny Of Souls EPK, Samson: Biceps Of Steel

I'm still in the process of watching these, I hadn't seen most of Bruce's promotional videos before and I didn't know what to expect, I must say I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed them greatly.

Jacob's Dream - Drama Of The Ages
Nocturnal Rites - Shadowland
Nocturnal Rites - 8th Sin

DOTA is filled with heavy and melodic riffs, nice instrumental parts and some really chaotic vocals. I will certainly check more stuff from them. Keeper Of the Crown  :edmetal:

Shadowland is a pretty good power metal album.It's a nice mixture of fast and mid-tempo songs with all the elements that power metal is known for.I particularly like the singer's accent. Eyes Of the Dead

Fugazi said:
Bruce Dickinson - Anthology triple DVD set,

Disc 1 - Dive Dive Live & Skunkworks Live
Disc 2 - Scream For Me Brazil
Disc 3 - Promotional Videos, Tyranny Of Souls EPK, Samson: Biceps Of Steel

I'm still in the process of watching these, I hadn't seen most of Bruce's promotional videos before and I didn't know what to expect, I must say I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed them greatly.

The cideo section was really interesting, Bruce is a good story teller describing how they were made and the videos themselves were quite good.  This is a really good DVD set.

bearfan said:
The cideo section was really interesting, Bruce is a good story teller describing how they were made and the videos themselves were quite good.  This is a really good DVD set.

I really like to hear how the music is created, his inspiration and stuff, he always gives a good interview, I'm gonna start watching the live shows soon, I've seen Dive Dive Live before in the past... ages ago, I will be interested to see how it comes across when I watch it again. Glad I bought this set.

Vinyl

Flogging Molly --- Within a Mile of Home
Flogging Molly --- Float (picture disc)
Flogging Molly --- Drunken Lullabies

Back