Other football codes

What a day.
Watched the Rugby World Cup in the morning (lucky, lucky France :)), saw highlights from CFL Riders' win over Bombers, was to our Aussie Rules club practice, met two guys just from their Gaelic football (one was a Rugby player who managed to get to his first Gaelic and Australian football sessions today, how cool is that!), some Rugby League and International Rules were discussed, ready to watch the Packers now.

Theres Gaelic where you are? Bulgaria? Sounds like a great day, anyway. How is the Aussie Rules goin? Lots of violent fun?
My hometown club (Magherafelt O'Donovan Rossa, in County Derry) just made it to their first championship final in 36 years. Gonna be some party after that, win, lose or draw :cheers:

Theres Gaelic where you are? Bulgaria?
Only learned about their existence today. Just a few people so far apparently but it has to start somewhere.
How is the Aussie Rules goin? Lots of violent fun?
Fantastic. Managed to sprain fingers in the same stupid way as half a year ago (should have learnt by now, what?; had to watch the best of fun from the sideline in consequence), and Mrs. M has an interesting colour around her nose, but it was really a great day on the Magnuses' calendar for sure.
My hometown club (Magherafelt O'Donovan Rossa, in County Derry) just made it to their first championship final in 36 years. Gonna be some party after that, win, lose or draw :cheers:
Congrats to Magherafelt O'Donovan Rossa! :cheers:

Fuck me, Japan are fun to watch. Good effort from Scotland and a bad result for Ireland but I suppose its good to keep the host nation in the tournament.

Time for Gregor Townsend to say goodbye now. Not for this result particularly or for finishing third in the group. Japan are clearly a quality team and it was always going to be tough to finish in the top two. The frequent capitulations are a total embarrassment and he's done nothing to stop them happening.

Scotland did play well, Wiz, as far as I can tell. It's just Japan seem to be well above the rest of "Tier 2", and hosts.

Rory Best?. Still on the game?. Im sorry im not big rugby football follower but I thought was retired. Wales vs France semifinals i see?. Irelands out:(

Its was his last game for Ireland today, he retired from club rugby in May.
I reckon Wales will beat France but its hard to look past New Zealand or England as overall winners.

And that's how one man's stupidity can ruin the entire team's effort...
Missed conversion and goal hardly matter.

Back