Other football codes

In other news, barely related:
Our Touch club and our Aussie Rules club had a joint practice on Sunday morning. Played Touch and then Aussie Rules in the rain and the mud:1583869623634.png
, went for some beers afterwards. Saw the Scotland vs France Rugby game (kudos Scotland, again:okok:) in a pub later, had some beers obviously. Some of us went for a couple of beers afterwards. Beers with Mrs. M at home later. Touch practice on Monday, followed by a few beers. Then beers with Mrs. M at home again (she was driving before that, so I had to keep company), and some whisky, purely for medicinal purposes of course.
My first American Football practice tomorrow, some beers might be involved hopefully.
Edit: Were, indeed.

Last edited:
I was surprised to find out that I actually miss the weekly Aussie rules & Touch practices as much as, and maybe even more, than my usual quiet hour of reading or writing at the pub after work.

They haven't played since the autumn, apparently. Fortunately, however, two of them joined Serdi and Magpies meanwhile, kindly sharing their Gaelic football expertise after Touch and Aussie events:
View attachment 12315
View attachment 12316
Good stuff.
You tried hurlin? Been at it myself, non competitively in the last few weeks, first time in 15 years or more. Im pretty must as good now as I was then. Which is not good but certainly not bad and no dip in ability. Or maybe my standards are lower...

1595713371152.png
Bloody water polo, more like.
Wouldn't believe rain and wind could make you use front crawl techniques just to breath.
Massive fun though, and well-deserved beers (and a whiskey, and a whisky later, for purely medicinal purposes of course) afterwards.

View attachment 12445
Bloody water polo, more like.
Wouldn't believe rain and wind could make you use front crawl techniques just to breath.
Massive fun though, and well-deserved beers (and a whiskey, and a whisky later, for purely medicinal purposes of course) afterwards.
Ive no doubt it was massive fun. Playin in the pishin rain was always my favourite, good weather was for people with skill and speed of thought, rain and wind was for people with violence in mind

So last Saturday, our Aussie Rules club, Sofia Magpies, beat the Varna Demons (we weren't there).
On the same day, our Touch club, Serdi Touch, lost to Sofia Barbarians (we were there).
To me, conclusions are pretty obvious, but Mrs. M accused me of defeatism.

Back