Other football codes

My Aussie Rules club, Sofia Magpies, beat the Varna Demons 63:51 earlier today.
Unfortunately, I couldn't make the trip to the seaside so I could neither play nor support my teammates - nor get gloriously drunk with them and the opposing team tonight.
It is what it is, I know.
GO MAGPIES! :cheers:

Still no GAA club in Sofia but the Vienna Gaels were kind enough to have me for two practices this and last Monday while I was there. Brilliant stuff indeed.
Watched the football final with them on Saturday, was against Tyrone as per your instructions.
Haha good man. Alas, Mayo must wait. I didnt see it, I was on an almighty 4 day session. Durin the final I was watchin a band called Kila. Check em, yer man can made the bodhran sound like a rave, truly a wonderful, immersive live band. This was rhen followed by a 4hr trad session in a bar, fiddles and whistles a-go-go.
Glad ye got to play GAA and loved it, good stuff!

I regret I didn't watch the Packers game last night but was too tired. Must have been a really interesting one, judging from the highlights video I saw.
Ditto the Roughriders eliminating Calgary, Go Riders!
In other news, Bulgaria's first ever Aussie Rules champions are (drum roll) Sofia Magpies!!! Kudos to the Varna Demons, great game and great time in Burgas this Saturday.

Damn.
Not too sure the better team won but what a game anyway.
Well done Cody, happy I recognized his talent, and vocally so, in this very thread some time ago.
When Michael (formerly Mike) Reilly, truly great among the greatest, retires, and may that not happen soon, Cody Fajardo will be the best CFL QB of his time, and you heard it here first.

WOW!
What a glorious Home Nations day, dammit! Spectacular Ireland, remarkable Scotland.
Seeing a guy in a Packers beanie among the Ireland crowd, and finding out Kerry beat Dublin in the GAA NFL, serious bonuses :lol:

What Italy did, and what Josh Adams did after the game last Saturday, are among the things that make rugby such a great sport indeed.
If anyone (apart from the French team, congrats on their Grand Slam, even though it was not the most convincing one ever - or am I just sour about Ireland not being champions - but hey, a Triple Crown is a Triple Crown), should be really happy about the 2022 Six Nations, it's Ange Capuozzo. Can't remember seeing such a mind-blowing debut ever (ok, two debuts, subbing the previous week and scoring two tries, start team for that heroic last game), intelligent and selfless play both in defense and attack, I'll be watching that guy for sure.

^Goalless, yes, less of a nail-biter in the end compared to the Dublin v Kerry semi (which I only watched on Youtube later alas, and knowing the result already) but still.
Why was the final moved to such an early date btw, @Niall Kielt ?

^Goalless, yes, less of a nail-biter in the end compared to the Dublin v Kerry semi (which I only watched on Youtube later alas, and knowing the result already) but still.
Why was the final moved to such an early date btw, @Niall Kielt ?
I have no idea, honey. I barely follow gaa these days. Although it was nice to see Derry (my county) doin well this year.

The Toulouse vs Munster Sunday game was a delight, even though Munster lost.

Also, looks like I'll finally be playing some Aussie Rules again in March, fingers crossed.

Very interesting, Italy vs. France too - and kinda strange as well.
With a bit of luck, and a bit of less handling errors, Italy could have won this one.
Fantastic first round, hope the rest of the tournament will be like this.

Back