OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside!

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS and ENTIRE Dallas setlist inside!EDDIE pic added!

The Mid-Distance Runner said:
Cool - my first live viewing of Maiden was 8 Jan 1987  \m/

Thanks to fonzebear2000 for your efforts today!! :ok:
You bet! Actually, the real credit goes to Blitzkrieg Witchcraft who texted in the set as he watched the show and Maiden33 for posting it here:
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13708

Well, the backdrop behind the stage sort of looks like a huge Eddie that would rise up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68OSHvNfyzI

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS and ENTIRE Dallas setlist inside!EDDIE pic added!

fonzbear2000 said:
That walk on Eddie sucks! When Steve said the new Eddie would scare everyone, I was expecting a huge Eddie from behind the stage. I sure hope they change it when they fully support the new album.

They always say the same in each tour.Biggest eddie,biggest stage etc. <_<

rudolf1978 said:
They always say the same in each tour.Biggest eddie,biggest stage etc. <_<
True, but when it all comes down to it, if Maiden didn't have the huge Eddie and stage, the energy they, themselves put into their performance MORE than makes up for lack of the other stuff.
Well, I'm out for real now. Later all!

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS and ENTIRE Dallas setlist inside!EDDIE pic ad

It is not unheard of Iron Maiden to change a couple songs after the first concert of a tour, depending on audience reaction. Let's wait a couple concerts to see what the final setlist looks like.

based on the pictures and youtube clips, how do you guys feel about the stage? The set design and lighting?

Personally I like the design but I'm not sure if I'm sold on how white/silver everything is. Makes it look sort of bland? Then again it's hard to tell just from a couple pictures, and shoty youtube clips.

An interesting choice in back drops for The Wicker Man, not sure if I'm sold on it either. That being said, from the pictures I'm loving the other back drops, and really want to see what the yellowish one is. 

Oh, and during The Wickerman, does it look like the white lights fly up on the crowd during the whooo ooo  part, like they did in Rock in Rio, cause that looked amazing. It just to hard to tell with this tour with the footage we have so far.

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS and ENTIRE Dallas setlist inside!EDDIE pic ad

eddiesson said:
It is not unheard of Iron Maiden to change a couple songs after the first concert of a tour, depending on audience reaction. Let's wait a couple concerts to see what the final setlist looks like.
Have you been following their setlists for the past 10 years? If not, you might want to check some out because on those, they have left their sets EXACTLY the same for the ENTIRE leg of a tour.

Guess I'm not out yet. :lol:

Hmm, in the somewhere back in time tour, if I am not wrong, there were some changes, in the last part of tour, I think, they played Wrathchild, Children of the damned, wich was not played at the begining of it.
Am I wrong ? :D

rokyronnie said:
Hmm, in the somewhere back in time tour, if I am not wrong, there were some changes, in the last part of tour, I think, they played Wrathchild, Children of the damned, wich was not played at the begining of it.
That was in the 2nd leg of the tour, but during that 2nd leg, they kept the setlist exactly the same, just like the first leg.
The Wicker Man shot from front row!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBRnlOtqng8

This setlist...it's nothing short of BLASPHEMY! So fuckin' glad I decided to save my money this time around, since I had a feeling something like this would happen. Maiden have totally lost it. As if the AMOLAD setlist wasn't shitty enough, we now get EVEN LESS classics!  In 2006 we had at least 5 classics to round up the show, and they even cut down on that now, to 4 !
I'm in shock and dismay, not to mention ANGRY!   FFS!   How the FUCK can you have a setlist with Wildest Dreams and NO Trooper?!
AAARGH!

The Wicker Man shot from front row!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBRnlOtqng8

Play Classics! said:
This setlist...it's nothing short of BLASPHEMY! So fuckin' glad I decided to save my money this time around, since I had a feeling something like this would happen. Maiden have totally lost it. As if the AMOLAD setlist wasn't shitty enough, we now get EVEN LESS classics!  In 2006 we had at least 5 classics to round up the show, and they even cut down on that now, to 4 !
I'm in shock and dismay, not to mention ANGRY!   FFS!   How the FUCK can you have a setlist with Wildest Dreams and NO Trooper?!
AAARGH!
Look at the songs they ended with in 2006:
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
14. 2 Minutes To Midnight
15. The Evil That Men Do
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Here is what they ended with last night:
12.Fear of the Dark
13.Iron Maiden
14.Number of the Beast
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.Running Free
So, 5 classics played at the end on both of those.
fonzbear2000 said:
rokyronnie said:
That was in the 2nd leg of the tour, but during that 2nd leg, they kept the setlist exactly the same, just like the first leg.
http://www.ironmaidencommentary.com/?url=tour14b_sbit/tour14b_sbit&lang=eng&link=tours
The first leg in 2008 was kept exactly the same for that leg. Then the 2nd leg in 2009 was also kept exactly the same.

OK. For truly real, I'm gone!

fonzbear2000 said:
Have you been following their setlists for the past 10 years? If not, you might want to check some out because on those, they have left their sets EXACTLY the same for the ENTIRE leg of a tour.

Not true. In 1986, 1998 and 2005 (and probably more often) Maiden changed their sets after the first couple of gigs.

So: good point eddiesson, I still need to follow this with attention.

Wow, brilliant setlist, I never hoped for something so
unexpected and mostly new! I guess they weren't exaggerating when they said they were going to play newer stuff! Can't wait for August, to experience some of those songs live for the first time - Ghost of the Navigator, Blood Brothers, No More Lies and Paschen-fucking-dale! I'm not too thrilled about Wildest Dreams, but maybe they'll kick it out after a few shows and replace with something worth listening to, Rainmaker for example.

AAARGH!

Would you shut the fuck up already?

I love, love, love, loooooooooooooooove the new set list.

Play Classics! said:
AAARGH!
LC.  :bigsmile: I reckon that's a spoiler... A big one to be precise (I put spoiler tags in my post so don't ban me *wink*).

Some guys are trodding the edge of Ban City.

Ban Ki Moon!

I hope that the backdrop for Iron Maiden song, it's a small part from what will be when they'll promote the entire album.

Forostar, I'm with you. Very likely to skip this part of the tour after seeing the setlist. Only the last song they played could remotely be considered a surprise. Well that and the hopefully soon-to-be dropped
Wildest Dreams

Habberdasher, you misspelled the first spoiler tag (spoLIer), fix that :D

Well, I haven't seen any of the

DOD & BNW stuff (apart from the tracks played on Give Me Ed tour), so I'm very thrilled to witness those songs. Agreed in regard to dropping Wildest Dreams.

Oh yeah, it seems that there is no giant Eddie that rises from behind the stage for this leg of the tour, just the ugly Final Frontier Eddie which comes out during Iron Maiden. I think they're saving the giant one for next year. They did the same thing during SBIT's first leg, there was no giant mummy Eddie during the American part of the tour.

Back