OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside!

In a similar vein, I'd rather have The Clansman as the staple sing-along song instead of Fear of the Dark.  That song is quite simply Maiden's best live song, though I've only seen it live by Blaze instead of Maiden.

But, it was recorded during the Blaze era so no chance of that happening.

Genghis Khan said:
5 or 6 is a decent number.  We can expect the two radio songs.  I hope Bruce can hold his voice in shape for TFF songs; he did a spectacular job on the album.
Bruce did an awesome job on the Final Frontier album. 

The Clansman on the Rock in Rio DVD is friggin EPIC, I would love if they used that as a sing along tune rather than FOTD.

Invader said:
In a similar vein, I'd rather have The Clansman as the staple sing-along song instead of Fear of the Dark.  That song is quite simply Maiden's best live song, though I've only seen it live by Blaze instead of Maiden.

The Clansman kicks ass, no doubt.  But I prefer Sign of the Cross and Lord of the Flies from the Blaze era.  And I'd LOVE to hear Como Estais Amigos with Bruce, with his "one octave higher during the chorus" thing he likes to do to Blaze's songs.

Cosmiceddie said:
How about this:

Abandon 'Iron Maiden', 'The Number Of The Beast', 'Fear Of The Dark', 'Wrathchild' and 'Hallowed Be Thy Name' for good, and don't add 'The Trooper', '2 Minutes To Midnight', 'Heaven Can Wait' and 'Can I Play With Madness' again.

OMG, a Cosmiceddie sighting.  I agree with your post, but it won't happen; we know this.  ;)
LooseCannon said:
No dice. Fear of the Dark is the one song I am looking forward to hearing of all the classics. Not even joking. I could live without any of the other songs, but I needs me some fotd.

You haven't seen them live yet, have you?  In your case, I'd definitely want to hear FOTD played live, including other classics.
metalwarrior220 said:
Bruce did an awesome job on the Final Frontier album. 

His best work so far;)

Invader said:
In a similar vein, I'd rather have The Clansman as the staple sing-along song instead of Fear of the Dark.
Jason2103 said:
The Clansman on the Rock in Rio DVD is friggin EPIC, I would love if they used that as a sing along tune rather than FOTD.

Yes. Yes! YES!

Eddies Wingman said:
I hope - and think - they will make Blood Brothers a staple now. It was the highlight of several concerts this summer, it obviously works tremendously well live. I also think These Colours Don't Run will be heard more often in future tours. It could be a sort of an anthem for 2000's Maiden.

I hope they don't make it a live staple. BB is nice - but seriously - am I the only Maiden fan in the world who doesn't shed a tear to BB? I also agree with LC - perhaps we should embrace CH as the new ballad staple?

But hey - shouldn't this discussion be here? http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?topic=20200.0

Back