Official Hockey discussion thread

Bruins sweep... that's nerve wracking considering all the teams that swept, got swept... hope it's not our case in the final.

Go St. Louis!!! Close it out at home!

I'd rather win in OT than win in a shootout. And I'd rather lose in OT than in a shootout.
But would you rather end in a draw, or end in a shootout that at least determines a winner? At least in the regular season where endless overtimes aren't really feasible?

But would you rather end in a draw, or end in a shootout that at least determines a winner? At least in the regular season where endless overtimes aren't really feasible?
10 minute 3 on 3 overtime will resolve something like 87% of overtimes in a win.
What does that have to do with Canada scoring one second before the end?
I didn't see it - have seen it now. Sorry, I thought Stone scored the winner at the end of the OT period, not Canada tied it at the end of the 3rd. In that case, I just have to say this:

Canada is best hockey.

Finland vs Canada should be a hell of a game. I think Canada will win though. They're a much better team than they were in the first game. Stone is on a tear and I don't think the Finns have anyone who can stop him.

Did he play? I thought Stone and Murray were the only bona fide "stars" of this particular edition of Team Canada. No McDavid, no Crosby, hardly any if at all from playoff teams,(eliminated or otherwise) etc. Team Canada can't win on reputation or heritage alone.

Congrats to Finland, well deserved.

P.S Russia needs to get their shit straight. They haven't won jack and they are a jacked team with Ovi, Malkin, Kovulchuk, Kucherov and company.

Did he play? I thought Stone and Murray were the only bona fide "stars" of this particular edition of Team Canada. No McDavid, no Crosby, hardly any if at all from playoff teams,(eliminated or otherwise) etc. Team Canada can't win on reputation or heritage alone.
We were talking about a full NHL participation team.

Back