Official Hockey discussion thread

Ken Holland is the new GM for the Oilers and Ken Hitchcock is not returning as coach. Shake ups on the horizon. Read an article on NHL.com stating, "Edmonton had some barren years in the draft, but finally collected some bona fide prospects." Really? They listed them, only ONE was a first round selection and one had 66 points in 68 games in the AHL.... that doesn't sound exciting at all, but hey... Zetterburgh and Datzyuk were late round picks.

Duchane to test free agency, but like Panarin, who also stated wanting to test the market, stated he MIGHT stay in Columbus. Bob is still playing the yes, no, maybe so game. No one cares about Kinkaid, Dzingel and company lol.

Sucks Colorado didn't move on, but part of me is excited for the potential of a Bruins v. Blues final like in the 70s lol.

Blasphemers! All of you! The Bruins are LIFE! Lol

I don't mind the sharks, but aside from Boston out east out west I'm rooting for the blues. Especially since the flames, the knights and avs are gone.

I hope the Blues pull it together tonight and even the series. I fear SJ may prove too deep for them.

While I am VERY pleased on how the Bs have handled the 'Canes so far, I am cautiously optimistic. WSH was up 2-0 before losing in 7. Boston MUST sweep or at least split in Carolina. Fun fact, when the Bs won in 2011 they had the worst PP in the playoffs. The pundits said no team had ever won with such a bad PP, well, the Bs did. This time around thought they have the best and, of course, it has proven very helpful. Hoping they can keep that up as well.

I'd be more comfortable with a Blues V. Bs match up than against the Sharks TBH.

The Bruins have Bruined the Canes. The Big Bad Bruins...man, I'm not supposed to like them as a Habs fan. I'm supposed to hate them. But I really only hate Marchand. I even like Chara and I'm supposed to hate him for that time he almost killed Max Pacioretty.

I understand your conflicting emotions. There are some teams and players I shouldn't be too happy about, but can't help at least respect them and sometimes even secretly like them.

The Bruins put on a clinic in game 2, but Carolina can bounce back. They are flawless at home and they beat two good teams in Washington
and NYI. The B's cannot let their guard down now. Tonight will be a very important game for both clubs.

I have to say hats off to Don Sweeney. I wasn't happy with many of his initial decisions and some of his picks at the drafts. But they've all paid off in spades. Specially the deadline acquisitions of Coyle and Johansen. Sure it has 5 players from the 2011 Cup team and 6 from the 2013 final, but unlike those teams, this one took time to believe in. in 2011 and 2013 I had no doubt they would get far, in fact, it was disappointing when they lost in 2013. This squad? outside of the six veterans I was like, who the fuck are these guys? Outside of Pastrnak and McAvoy I had little faith in them. Glad to say they proved me wrong, very happy in fact.

St. Louis capitalized on SJ's continued struggles in game 2s and evened the series, thank geebus. They still need more from their big guns, but hopefully they keep this up going back home.

I'm really hoping St. Louis can gut this out. I truly hate San Jose. I like many of their players, but I just hate the organization. I don't even really know why, to be honest with you. Just don't like them. Whereas the Blues are great and I love them, really pulling for a win there.

I doubt the Hurricanes will beat Boston, but I doubt it will be a sweep. The Bruins are just too good.

Man, that reminds me of when NYR beat Vancouver in '94. I HATED the Canucks for the longest time. LOVED Bure, Ronning, Mclean, but HATED the canucks as a whole. Absolutely no reason, but it was real.

Man, that reminds me of when NYR beat Vancouver in '94. I HATED the Canucks for the longest time. LOVED Bure, Ronning, Mclean, but HATED the canucks as a whole. Absolutely no reason, but it was real.

Easy reason, their fans are total assholes ... amazing how people that live in such a nice place can be so miserable.

Easy reason, their fans are total assholes ... amazing how people that live in such a nice place can be so miserable.

In 94 I wasn't aware of their fandom, no internet to look stuff up lol. But I revel in showing my students pictures of Vancouver on fire after the 2011 Cup. We're talking about stereotypes and I ask them, "What are Canadians known for?" Predictably they say, "For being polite." "Oh really? Check this out." *Shows pictures of Vancouver on fire* "Just don't mess with their hockey. *Students stare horrified* LOL

We don't like a few things:
1) Nazis. We really helped give those guys a kick in the balls.
2) People who are rude to others based on their culture.
3) The French. Unless it's French-Canadians, then it's the Anglos.
4) People who fuck with our hockey.

Back